Giant Octopus Attacks Shark At Aquarium, Guess Who Wins?

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFOEZh1Lbbg[/ame]

Wow, just wow!! I'm not gonna be the diver that maintains that place. :eek:

This is from a National Geographic show and gives more explanation;

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9A-oxUMAy8[/ame]

Wow! Who would've thought! The shark didn't even put up much of a fight. Here's why:

All octopus including the giant octopus has a soft body and eight arms. Each arm has two rows of suction cups. If one arm is lost, the octopus can regrow another arm. It has blue blood. An octopus has an eye on each side of its head and has very good eyesight. An octopus cannot hear.

The diet of the octopus consists of crabs, scallops, snails, fish, turtles, crustaceans(like shrimp) and other octopuses. They stalk the prey, give it a death hug and bite it to kill the prey. They paralyse the prey with a nerve poison and soften the flesh, after which they suck out the flesh. Giant octopuses can hunt anytime of the day. The Australian Blue-ringed octopus is the only variety which has a poison strong enough to kill a person.

yuk
I watched it full screen until the moment of attack and couldn't stomach it lol

:eek: Oh My Goodness! Wow!
Don't know what else to say really.

I got my 6 yr old dd to watch the video, and asked at the beginning "Who do you think will win out of the shark and octopus?"

Straight off the bat, she says "The octopus- cause it has all the suction caps and poison".

Reality check- my 6yr old is smarter than me!! I had to look it up.:blushing:

I got my 6 yr old dd to watch the video, and asked at the beginning "Who do you think will win out of the shark and octopus?"

Straight off the bat, she says "The octopus- cause it has all the suction caps and poison".

Reality check- my 6yr old is smarter than me!! I had to look it up.:blushing:

Are you smarter than a first grader. :tsktsk:

Wow, that was fascinating! I wish I could have seen the octopus' beak though, all I could tell was arms and head. And, I did not know they had those cute soft horn things above their eyes. Just think how many people a well fed giant octopus could feed! Where is the poison though? Mouth? Tentacles? Guess I better go look that up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back