Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: AL: County Commissioner Suspect in Realtor's Murder;Stephen Nodine murder trial

Just thinking - Other possible violations by Nodine??

Wasn't using the badge a breach of his oath of office?

Wasn't Nodine impersonating an officer - a Class C misdemeanor. (By flashing his badge)

NODINE also installed a portable Sho-Me emergency strobe light kit for the dashboard. A work order for installation of the equipment at a cost of a couple of hundred dollars was issued along with the maintenance and a tire repair. His county-issued Ford F-150 was in the garage for servicing and tire repairs after a misadventure in New Orleans.

ALA CODE § 13A-10-10 : Alabama Code - Section 13A-10-10: IMPERSONATING PUBLIC SERVANT (a) A person commits the crime of impersonating a public servant if he falsely pretends to be a public servant and does any act in that capacity. (b) It is no defense to a prosecution under this section that the office the actor pretended to hold did not in fact exist. (c) Impersonating a public servant is a Class C misdemeanor. (Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §4545.)

Wasn't Nodine obstructing justice by means of independent, unlawful interference and intimidation, i.e., NODINE did intentionally obstruct, impair and hinder the fair and just administration of law by denying complainant due process and equal protection of the law through the use of intimidation and threats of violence.

Ala. Stat. § 13A-10-2. Obstructing Governmental Operations. (a) A person commits the crime of obstructing governmental operations if, by means of intimidation, physical force or interference or by any other independently unlawful act, he: (1) Intentionally obstructs, impairs or hinders the administration of law or other governmental function. (c) Obstructing governmental operations is a Class A misdemeanor. Alabama Constitution (1901), Article I, Section 6, Article I, Section 13; U.S. Constitution, Fifth Amendment, Fourteenth Amendment; Alabama Canons of Judicial Ethics, Canon 3(A)(1), Canon 3(A)(4)

Didn't Nodine violate his duty to support the U.S. and Alabama Constitutions by denying complainant’s unalienable rights to fundamental fairness? Fifth Amendment; Fourteenth Amendment; Alabama Constitution (1901), Article I, Section 6; Alabama Canons of Judicial Ethics, Canon 3(C)(1), (a)

Ala. Stat. § 13A-10-124. Tampering with a witness. (a) A person commits the crime of tampering with a witness if he attempts to induce a witness or a person he believes will be called as a witness in any official proceeding to: (2) Absent himself from any official proceeding to which he has been legally summoned. (b) Tampering with a witness is a Class B misdemeanor.

Ala. Stat. § 13A-10-123. Intimidating a Witness. (a) A person commits the crime of intimidating a witness if he attempts, by use of a threat directed to a witness or a person he believes will be called as a witness in any official proceedings, to: (2) Induce that person to avoid legal process summoning him to testify; or (3) Induce that person to absent himself from an official proceeding to which he has been legally summoned. (c) Intimidating a witness is a Class C felony.

Wasn't he violating Angel's Sixth Amendment rights and AL Constitution (1901) Article I, Section 6 & 7? As well as the other people he intimidated?

U. S. Constitution, Sixth Amendment. And NODINE failed to inform complainant of any law allegedly violated and the source of authority thereof, and the nature and cause of the accusation, in violation of –

Alabama Constitution (1901), Article I, Section 6, Article I, Section 7

U. S. Constitution, Sixth Amendment

Failed to determine if complainant had received a copy of the charges against him as required by law, or if he had read said charges, or if he understood said charges in the absence of counsel, in-violation of –

Alabama Rules of Criminal Procedure, Rule 14.2(a)(2)

Federal Laws
    18 U.S.C. § 242. Deprivation of rights under color of law.
    “Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State. . . to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States. . . shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both. . .”

42 U.S.C. § 1983. Civil action for deprivation of rights.
    “Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State. . . subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress. . .”
    *My comments are only my opinion, not fact. It is my commentary on the topic, and I'm exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Comments are NOT made with any malicious intent.

I agree with what John Douglas said in his book Law and Disorder:

"Our 1st allegiance must always be to justice. Justice is often uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean we should turn our heads away. Justice is truth in action. Whatever it means and wherever it takes us. Justice is not a political game, it is a search for truth."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

Kevin Lee on Dana Pretzer Show 7/7/2010

Journalist Kevin Lee will be giving an update on the Steve Nodine Case on The Dana Pretzer Show Weds 7/07/2010. A Podcast will be available for download. Kevin's segment is about half way through show.

Click Link
    *My comments are only my opinion, not fact. It is my commentary on the topic, and I'm exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Comments are NOT made with any malicious intent.

"Our 1st allegiance must always be to justice. Justice is often uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean we should turn our heads away. Justice is truth in action. Whatever it means and wherever it takes us. Justice is not a political game, it is a search for truth."

Rumors and Gossip

Anyone else hear about the birthday bash suppose to happen at Lyman's last night for Steve?? (It was a gas station rumor.) With an open bar - although stated Steve wouldn't be drinking.

Nodine also had a FB page for a few days last week. His sister (Laura Coffey) has his son and has pics posted. (I thought he was with wife's family in GA?) You can see she commented on Steve's FB Status after July 6th. Something about baking him a cake with toenail shavings in it. Steve's witty comeback was something like - he didn't need the nail file anymore now that he's out of jail.

Rumor also has it Nodine is advertising on Match.com under Beach47M (looking for new victim). Things happen and he needs to move on.

He also shows up on Whitepages (Lyman's house) you can email him.

He's such a dufus! Knizley just can't keep him under control. LOL

Rumor is he's been emailing and texting friends and sunning himself on the porch and is very bored staying at the haunted Victorian mansion. Waiting for Casper to visit. (What makes him think it'll be a friendly ghost?)

Living in Midtown DISTURBIA

"Living in Midtown Disturbia"

This is my latest post at the Time's Up Blog on the Steve Nodine murder case of Angel Downs. I raise questions about the house arrest and possible special treatment being given to "Stealth Steve".

Please read, comment, share and repost. Thank you.

The Accused Lady Killer - “I know what you are - you’re nothing but a Womanizer.”

My latest post on the Steve Nodine Saga entitled "The Accused Lady Killer - “I know what you are - you’re nothing but a Womanizer.”

Please above click on link to read, share and comment.

Join us Mon 7/26/2010 8PM CST 9PM EST on Blog Talk Radio Show Intimate Partner Homicide Investigation with hosts Sheryl McCollum, MS, Director of the Cold Case Investigative Research Institute and Susan Murphy-Milano Violence Expert and Author - you may listen online, call in or podcast show. There is a live chat also.

Angel's family will be on.

WARNING: Your Cell Phone or Internet May Be Hazardous to Your Health. Accused murder suspect Stephen Nodine knows how to manipulate women, the media and the system.

[ame=http://www.divshare.com/download/12098675-a24]DivShare File - landshark.mov[/ame]

Be sure to tune in TONIGHT and join Sheryl McCollum, Susan Murphy Milano, and Holly Hughes as they welcome family members of Angel Downs and Justice Activist, Cherry Simpson to expose the facts about the accused murderer of Angel Downs.

What the heck is going on in Mobile? I'm sure we will find out!

Listen live at the link and register to participate in the interactive chat room!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/susanmu...ion-debuts-hos

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Peki51 For This Useful Post:

I'm listening! Great panel! WOW!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

Good point! When we remember high profile cases, we often remember the names of the defendant. How many of Ted Bundy's victims names do we remember, for example???

We need to talk about Angel as a person and make her REAL!!!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

Employees found drugs in his truck and reported it to the police.

Figures he was on drugs.

That info can be excused at "prior bad acts". Of course.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

Character testimony is only allowed when the defense opens the door.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

The prosecutor has to get approval from the court ahead of time to allow prior bad acts and those acts must be parallel to the current court case.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

YES! Where are the men who are speaking up and saying they aren't going to take this anymore? (Listening to the show and kinda talking to myself. LOL)

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    YES! Where are the men who are speaking up and saying they aren't going to take this anymore? (Listening to the show and kinda talking to myself. LOL)
    Kimster! Great play by play! What a powerful show this was! I think the main premise is the fact that this show is trying to make these victims real in the minds of the public.

The comment about remembering the victims names of Bundy, Ramirez and other horrendous killers is so true because they are so quickly out of the headline and the killers bask in the attention they are given.

We must never forget that those who die at the hands of an abuser were a mother/father or someone's child.

I hope others will listen to the podcast and catch the fire! Susan, Sheryl and Holly are fantastic!

Here is the link....listen anytime, but please, listen!
    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/susanmu...ion-debuts-hos

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Peki51 For This Useful Post:

Me too! And it was a GREAT show! And I'm going to make a POINT of naming the VICTIMS of the cases and not the perps anymore!

I learned something big! And the rest of the show was just as powerful! I can't wait for our WS members to start riding this wave!!!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Stephen Nodine attorney asks judge to put gun case on hold

View full size (Press-Register/John David Mercer) Mobile County Commissioner Stephen Nodine surrenders himself outside the Baldwin County Jail Monday night May 24, 2010 in Bay Minette, Ala. An attorney for Nodine has asked for a delay in his federal firearms case.<!-- --><!-- -->
    Published: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 8:04 PM 8:04 PM

Brendan Kirby, Press-Register
    Clipped for length:

U.S. Magistrate Judge Sonja Bivins earlier this month agreed to delay the gun case a month and set it for trial in September, but would not wait for the murder case to be resolved.

Gordon Armstrong, Nodine's lawyer in the gun case, asked U.S. District Judge Ginny Granade to overturn Bivins' ruling.

Federal prosecutors have said they plan to hold Nodine accountable for the homicide at sentencing if they win conviction on the gun charge. That would likely mean he'd be sentenced to the maximum 10-year prison term.

If Nodine is forced to defend the gun charge first, Armstrong wrote, "the defendant will effectively be deprived of the option to testify or present a proper defense" because "any evidence he introduces can be used against him in the state proceeding."

Armstrong also wrote that the current trial schedule would make it impossible for his client to consider a plea bargain because any admission of guilt to the gun charge could be used against him in the murder trial.

"Further, a trial and conviction on the federal gun charge prior to the trial of his murder case will generate additional publicity, as has been clearly demonstrated by the inordinate and prejudicial coverage of defendant's arrest" and other proceedings, Armstrong wrote.

Prosecutors cite the Speedy Trial Act, which they contend prohibits an indefinite delay of a federal trial.

"It is not uncommon for a defendant charged in two jurisdictions to be required to make difficult choices, and such circumstances do not offend any particular rights of any such defendant," Assistant U.S. Attorney Gloria Bedwell wrote in response to Armstrong's original argument to the magistrate judge.

Nodine Reportedly Tells Writer “We know who you are and my lawyers will be in touch.”

Nodine Reportedly Tells Writer “We know who you are and my lawyers will be in touch.”
    http://modmobilian.com/2010/08/09/no...ontacting-you/

also
    Between You and Steve Nodine
    http://modmobilian.com/2010/08/11/be...tephen-nodine/

Mod Mobilian stands up for victim

http://modmobilian.com/tag/nodine/

ModBlog: What the Deal with Robyn Goodall Is – Domestic Violence Is NOT an Excuse Posted on 11 August 2010 by Valso

clipped for length:

Mod Mobilian may come under question (or worse) for publishing the communications of the assumed identity Robyn Goodall with the person portraying themselves on Facebook as Stephen Nodine – so we thought an explanation is in order.

The writer behind Robyn Goodall makes no excuses for the fact that she goes after suspected perpetrators of domestic violence.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

Facebook Fan Page for Angel Downs

http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article/...-2010_7-18-pm/
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://media.wkrg.com/news/video_external/facebook-fan-page-for-angel-downs/912460/"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"></param><embed src="http://media.wkrg.com/news/video_external/facebook-fan-page-for-angel-downs/912460/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" allowNetworking="all" width="425" height="344" ></embed></object><br><a href="http://www.wkrg.com/" title="Alabama Mobile News">WKRG.com News</a>

Message for Nodine from Admin Author/Advocate Susan Murphy-Milano

Message for Nodine from Admin Author/Advocate Susan Murphy-Milano

http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/2010/08/justice-for-angel-downs-and-committment.html

Remembering Angel Downs

[ame=http://www.divshare.com/download/12260040-d40]DivShare File - Memory5.mov[/ame]

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

There's Two Sides to Every Case - Restoring the Balance of Justice to the Victim

My latest post on the Stephen Nodine murder case of Angel Downs:

http://timesupblog.blogspot.com/2010...owns-with.html

29. The Following User Says Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

Judge denies request to delay ex-Mobile County Commissioner Nodine's federal gun tria

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/08/judg..._to_delay.html
    Brendan Kirby, Press-Register Published: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 12:15 PM

Complete coverage of ex-commissioner Stephen Nodine/Angel Downs murder case

MOBILE, Ala. -- Murder defendant Stephen Nodine's federal trial on an unrelated gun charge will take place next month as scheduled, a magistrate judge has ruled.

In an order handed down Monday and published today, U.S. Magistrate Judge Sonja Bivins denied a request by Nodine's court-appointed lawyer to delay the gun case until after his murder trial in Baldwin County.

Then-Mobile County Commissioner Stephen Nodine surrenders himself outside the Baldwin County jail Monday night May 24, 2010 in Bay Minette, Ala. A judge has ruled that Nodine's trial on an unrelated gun charge will take place in September as scheduled.as he walked towards the jail and is being charged with one count of murder. (Press-Register, John David Mercer)
    Nodine was a Mobile County commissioner when Baldwin County authorities charged him with the Mother's Day shooting of his girlfriend in Gulf Shores. Later, a federal grand jury indicted him on a charge of being an unlawful drug user in possession of firearms.

Defense lawyer Gordon Armstrong previously sought to put the federal case on hold until after the murder trial, but a judge agreed only to a one-month postponement.

Armstrong sought a second delay because the circumstances of having to defend two different charges in two different jurisdictions are "so unusual or so complex." He also cited the pregnancy of his co-counsel, whose due date is in September.

Bivins ruled that Armstrong knew about his co-counsel's pregnancy when he accepted her appointment as second chair and ruled that there are no sufficient reasons to delay the trial further.

"Based upon the information currently before the Court, the undersigned finds that the fact that Defendant is facing criminal charges in three jurisdictions does not make this case complex," she wrote. "Additionally, the fact that proceeding with the trial of this case may force Defendant to have to make some tough choices in regards to his other cases does not unfairly prejudice him."

(For a complete report, read Wednesday's Press-Register.)

Nodine: Not guilty plea on drug charges

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/nodine-to-be-arraigned-on-drug-charges

Published : Thursday, 19 Aug 2010, 7:42 AM CDT

Linda Jones

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - Former Mobile County Commissioner Steve Nodine filed a written waiver of arraignment Thursday morning for state drug charges, which meant he did not appear in court. He pleaded not guilty.

Nodine is being represented by his private attorney, Dennis Knizley.

Nodine resigned from his District 2 seat after being charged with the murder of his longtime girlfriend, Angel Downs.

Nodine also faces federal gun charges for being in possession of a firearm while using drugs. He is being represented by court-appointed attorney Gordon Armstrong on that charge.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

Attorney to ask for earlier trial date

Fox10 WALA Published : Tuesday, 24 Aug 2010, 3:45 PM CDT

by April Douglas
    MOBILE, Alabama (WALA) - While voters are busy choosing who replace former Mobile County Commissioner Steve Nodine, his attorney's are preparing to ask a judge to speed up his murder trial.

Nodine is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday.

Nodine's attorney, Dennis Knizley plans to ask a Baldwin County Judge for an early trial date on the murder charge.

Nodine is accused of killing his long-time mistress Angel Downs on Mother's Day.

Knizley said the defense wants to get the murder trial over before Nodine is tried on a federal gun charge.

Nodine is charged with being in possession of a firearm while addicted to drugs.

Jury selection in that case is scheduled to start on Monday, August 30.

Meanwhile, Nodine plead not guilty to state drug charges.

Just before Christmas of 2009, police said pot was found inside Nodine's county truck.

In the course of that investigation, authorities said they developed additional evidence that between March of 2009 and January of 2010, Nodine used fraudulent prescriptions to get 2,400 Lortab pills, from at last nine different pharmacies in four different states and four different doctors.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast