Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    5-20 http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/commissioners-break-silence-on-nodine
    While Steve Nodine deals with his legal troubles, the other two Mobile County Comissioners are trying to deal with the fallout. Both Merceria Ludgood and Mike Dean had been silent on the impeachment charges including using his county issued truck for personal reasons and purchasing alcohol, food, and fuel with his county issued credit card. issue. At the Mobile County pre-commission meeting, Commissioners Ludgood and Dean finally broke their silence. "Our process is when we submit, they have what I call an assumption of legitimacy. We have not had any reason to believe otherwise except within the content of the indictments. The question as to whether they're legitimate will be answered in courts," Ludgood said.../snip/.." He is cloaked with the presumption of innocence and that's what we operate on."

John Pafenbach, county administrator refused to answer questions earlier this week about Nodine's spending habits.

Ludgood said she has briefly spoken to Nodine while Dean said he hasn't spoken with the commissioner since the charges were handed up.

NOTE: ChaCha's post aboves states he is living with friend & co-commissioner Mike Dean.

It is noZme's opinion that a lot more is about to come to light; the good ol' boy network is alive & well in Alabama politics; & the citizenry should "clean house".

To ChaCha: $80K salary would be a deal IF SN worked as hard at his duties for the county as he apparently worked on monkey business. But, figuring in his "expenses", not so much, huh? About murder #2, prayers for Ms Stevens' children. I hope they put the dirtbag under the jail.

My question- What did she see in him? Downs was a pretty woman with a reported thriving career, he is---- ewwwww, not to mention married. Was she trying to dump him & the ego couldn't deal with rejection? Ummmm,"allegedly".

5-20 http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/stev...ney-speaks-out
    Attorney: Nodine had nothing to with Downs death

Neighbors have stated they saw Stephen Nodine's county-issued truck leave the scene that night, but Nodine's attorney Dennis Knizley says that doesn't mean his client did a thing. Knizley said to wait for all the facts.
    "They heard a shot and saw Mr. Nodine leaving," said Knizley. "Have we put all the facts together? I think that's critical. You're going to see during the case, but we're gonna find out what the facts are, as to when the gun shot was fired and who was where."

5-20 http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/came...to-authorities

Camera hard drive given to authorities
    BAY MINETTE, Alabama (WALA) - The Baldwin County Sheriff's Office commented on the camera system seized at Downs' condominium complex. The day after the shooting, neighbors told FOX10 News the cameras were not working. But this week, Sheriff Huey Hoss Mack said those cameras were working.

Right now, the hard drive is in the possession of the Baldwin County Sheriff's Office.
    Investigators confirm that there is video, but they are not saying whether Angel Downs' death was recorded.

Investigators have said all along that Nodine is their number one suspect in the case. As of right now though, Nodine has not been charged with any crime in Baldwin County.
    Last edited by noZme; 05-22-2010 at 11:10 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to noZme For This Useful Post:

Nodine Slime - He did the Crime

This is what I know http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article/...-2010_2-20-pm/

Nodine is scrambling for bond. Early this AM owner of The Spot of Tea talked about being Nodines best friend.

I know someone who lives right by Mike Dean and they said before Nodine was arrested that's where he was staying. (It's just hearsay)

Last night he spent the night in jail http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article/...2010_12-50-am/

Here's AL.com take http://blog.al.com/live/2010/05/step...d_with_mu.html

I also updated a post at Time's Up http://timesupblog.blogspot.com/2010...mobile-al.html it has lots of links to the whole story

What did Angel see in Steve? He is very charismatic and a master manipulator. Just look at how he conducted business. I can't believe this guy ran on family values.

I heard a rumor this isn't the 1st time he's had a mistress die on him. 15 years ago in West Palm Beach. Anyone know how to check on this? Steve worked for a radio station and was Pres of Jaycees.

I also read Angel Downs had lived a very sheltered life prior to her 30's. She had heart and kidney disease and medication finally got it under control in her 30's. It's when it's said she began to live life.
    *My comments are only my opinion, not fact. It is my commentary on the topic, and I'm exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Comments are NOT made with any malicious intent.

I agree with what John Douglas said in his book Law and Disorder:

"Our 1st allegiance must always be to justice. Justice is often uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean we should turn our heads away. Justice is truth in action. Whatever it means and wherever it takes us. Justice is not a political game, it is a search for truth."

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    Not that it's a surprise to find out a politician is a low life, this one seems particularly low.

BTW,

Steve up and ran for county commissioner. His opponent in that race, the long time incumbent Freeman Jockish, was indicted on charges related to some sort of shenanigans and ultimately Nodine won that election too.

Freeman Jockish?! People were surprised he turned out to be a d--k?
    omg lmao....

what about milton bradley (baseball player) 'hey chutes and ladders hows it going?"

Nodine's Friend Tony Moore of Spot of Tea

Tony Moore of Spot of Tea and Club Insanity in downtown Mobile, AL talks about his friend Steve Nodine.

Tony says Steve was staying with him prior to going to jail. The video shows Mr Moore missing a tooth.

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/...A.cspx?rss=217

Past Domestic Violence cahregs from West Palm Beach. Nodine struck ex-girlfriend numerous times on the legs in 1987. http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/...N298WPbxw.cspx

And fellow Commissioner Mike Dean speaks out. http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/..._SaFDRDmw.cspx

West Palm Beach Post Article http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/st...lm-708840.html

Sheriff believes death of Angel Downs resulted from ongoing domestic violence http://blog.al.com/live/2010/05/sher...h_of_ange.html
    Last edited by ChaCha; 05-26-2010 at 11:46 AM.
    *My comments are only my opinion, not fact. It is my commentary on the topic, and I'm exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Comments are NOT made with any malicious intent.

"Our 1st allegiance must always be to justice. Justice is often uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean we should turn our heads away. Justice is truth in action. Whatever it means and wherever it takes us. Justice is not a political game, it is a search for truth."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

Steve Nodine calls himself "The Hammer"

Reporter Kevin Lee's Blog has many Steve Nodine stories. Kevin is a very good writer, not your typical news stories. http://open.salon.com/blog/kevin_lee

Kevin writes for the Lagniappe: The Hammer Dons Stripes in the Slammer

Video: Stephen Nodine remains jailed; Angel Downs' ex-husband speaks

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

Murder case against Mobile County Commissioner Steve Nodine continues to build

Old Radio friend Daniel McBryde talks about case Murder case against Mobile County Commissioner Steve Nodine continues to build take a look at some of his other posts on Nodine. He's quite forth coming about drug activity.

Bail burden keeps Nodine behind bars "Nodine's bond is set at $500,000. Per orders from Baldwin County, $100,000 of that has to be corporate surety, meaning that it has to come from a bail bonding company. The other $400,000 is a property bond, like someone putting up their house."

Crimesider CBS News: Stephen Nodine, Alabama County Commissioner, Charged in Alleged Mistress Angel Downs' Murder This includes some very beautiful photos of Angel Downs and her memorial in Gulf Shores.
    Last edited by ChaCha; 05-27-2010 at 12:09 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

Resigns, New Federal Gun Charges and the Not So Secret Life of Steve Nodine

Yesterday was a very interesting day.

Different people have been asking Steve Nodine to resign from his County Commissioner job over the last week.

The impeachment was going forward. They asked that Nodine's County Commissioner Atty. Erwin testify. He didn't want to and said he wouldn't answer questions unless a judge told him to - calling client-atty privileges.

Although it was noted he had already told the media all about going to Nodine's home and getting guns. He said Nodine was a basket-case when he and Ross the other County Atty. showed up. The wife was very upset, Nodine was sobbing uncontrollably. Erwin said he took the guns to protect Nodine and his family. (My question was why not let the investigating officers do it? Why didn't they call them?)

The impeachment judge told Erwin he had to testify and then all of a sudden Erwin calls for Nodine to resign and Nodine's lawyer Dennis Knizley walks across the room and hands in Nodines resignation. Then the other Commissioner, Mike Dean calls for Erwin's resignation stating Erwin only worked for Nodine and was now not needed.

Erwin is up for Republican candidate for DA on Tues. He claims this is all political.

Word is Nodines is still trying to raise bail but will probably sit in jail over the Memorial Day weekend. He sits in the maximum security wing and wears the symbolic black and white striped prison garb depicting his high risk status. Then last night the word was new Federal weapons charges are being brought against Nodine.

I believe Nodine is a huge suicide risk, his whole persona has been built on his political life and I believe he is a person who has low esteem who relied on control, pills, women and power to make himself feel good. I would be very leery letting this man out of jail.

I also question the impeachment charges just being dropped. Isn't a crime a crime? Shouldn't Nodine still be charged?

And Fox10 News has begun a series looking into Steve Nodine's Not So Secret Life

Erwin Calls For Nodine’s Resignation

Nodine In Maximum Security Wing

Stephen Nodine resigns from Mobile County Commission; now faces federal weapons charge

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

Why wouldn't Gulf Shore's DA Judy Newcomb want to search Nodine's home for letters or computer, emails, searches, etc?

We've got one of the best computer and cell investigators in the US in Spanish Fort. Gus Dimitrelos, Alabama Computer Forensics Laboratory, Former Secret Service Agent. 251-625-0292 http://www.alcfl.org/

I'm also willing to bet there maybe even more federal charges if they took a look at his computer.

Nodine not getting out of jail US Marshalls has a Federal hold on him

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

A comment from story on WKRG:
    Yes actually their were reports that it was her own weapon which was left at the scene that killed her…No doubt to try to make it look like a suicide. I do believe this was planned ahead of time…so makes sense that he wouldn’t use his own or County weapon. Her friends reported that she found him cleaning her gun prior to her killing and it made her uneasy…Suppose he held on to it as I doubt if she felt that threatened by him that she would have met him outside with her gun just in case…was probably the excuse to stop by and sure hope it was a text he sent her regarding that….

Taloney Tweets Fri May 28, 2010
    • Nodine's attorney wants bond reduced from $500,000 to $50,000
    • Nodine requests a bond reduction. Hearing scheduled for 11am Tuesday
    Last edited by ChaCha; 05-28-2010 at 05:08 PM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

Playlist of various News Coverage on Angel Downs Investigation
    Last edited by KateB; 05-16-2015 at 12:13 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

Diane Fanning, Gun Charges and Erwin

Murder and the Politician Friday, May 28, 2010 by Diane Fanning True Crime Author at Womenincrimeink.com

Editorial: A matter of Rich's record and Erwin's poor judgment By Press-Register Editorial Board May 29, 2010, 5:03AM

Feds may keep Stephen Nodine in jail even if he makes bail By Robert McClendon May 29, 2010, 5:25AM

Nodine indicted on federal gun charges Friday, 28 May 2010, 6:00 PM CDT April Douglas

Nodine Detained on Federal Gun Charge 5/28 6:10 pm by: Andrea Ramey Local15tv.com NBC

Comment from WKRG: weathergirl Says: Fri, May 28, 2010 at 7:04 pm
    If my memory serves me correctly, Angel had filed like 9 restraining orders against Nodine with the most recent being 6 months before she was killed. Officers were called and were present in some instances during his domestic rages but did not arrest him. I, too, hope he rots.

Nodine Requests Bond Reduction by Jessica Taloney Published: Fri, May 28, 2010 - 3:10 pm CST

* Stephen Nodine's gun charge linked to alleged drug use By Robert McClendon May 28, 2010, 10:34AM

* Includes pdf of actual court doc

I've attached a pdf of the Mobile County page for Steve Nodine. (They've already removed) Take a look at hist Vita - he states he was a media consultant but the West Palm Beach Post says he was in sales. I wonder if anything else is padded?
    Attached Files Attached Files

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

Cha Cha....thanks for all of the info and links on this very interesting case!

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    Cha Cha....thanks for all of the info and links on this very interesting case!
    Thanks Blonde - I'm hoping for national media to pick it up. I beleive there maybe other victims. And hopefully more criminal charges coming Nodine's way.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

Court Documents found at West Palm Beach County Clerk

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

Mark Erwin talks Nodine with Bob Grip

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crim...-with-bob-grip

Interesting interview with Nodine's Atty Mark Erwin. He and Atty Ross both confiscated guns from Nodine's house the day after Angela Downs was murdered.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChaCha For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast