CA - Sylvia Pauly & Micaela Crandall, both 16, Oakland, 3 Dec 1973

Just Inquiring

Reaction score
Does anyone know who murdered two 16 year teenagers, Sylvia Pauly and Micaela Crandall December 1973, in Oakland California?

John R. Daniels was convicted of their murders in late 1974/early 1975. He was a local teenager at the time of their murders

I am Micaela Crandalls brother-in-law. I was never able to get any information about this case. I knew that John Daniels murdered both of the girls, but I never heard what ever happened to him, or where he is today. If someone knows any of the details, could you please help? It would give a little closure to the family. Mcsteiny.

Hello.
First I would like to say I am so sorry for your family's loss.
I am john Daniels great niece. If you would like to contact me I would love to help give your family closure again I am so sorry for your loss.

Hello.
First I would like to say I am so sorry for your family's loss.
I am john Daniels great niece. If you would like to contact me I would love to help give your family closure again I am so sorry for your loss.
I just now happened to catch your post here. I had to register differently from the post you made on Feb. 20, 2022. I am Mcsteiny that you responded to. I am the brother-in-law of Micaela. I was living there at that time, at her mothers house. I worked in San Francisco, and comuted to the Valley on the weekends. On that Thanksgiving weekend, I tried to get Micaela to come down to our house for Thanksgiving. She thought for moment, and almost said yes, but then said no, she was staying there. If you have information, all of the family would appreciate it. Micaela was very much loved.

Last edited:
I just now happened to catch your post here. I had to register differently from the post you made on Feb. 20, 2022. I am Mcsteiny that you responded to. I am the brother-in-law of Micaela. I was living there at that time, at her mothers house. I worked in San Francisco, and comuted to the Valley on the weekends. On that Thanksgiving weekend, I tried to get Micaela to come down to our house for Thanksgiving. She thought for moment, and almost said yes, but then said no, she was staying there. If you have information, all of the family would appreciate it. Micaela was very much loved.
If you would like to email I can send you my email address and I can give you all the information that I have. I will write you a private message with my email address

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back