828 users online (93 members and 735 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KY - Kenton Co., WhtMale UP84, 25-35, in Ohio River, Morton's toe, May'99

(first, if this is a dupe, sorry, for some reason I cannot do searches as I "don't have permission" to do so).

Anyway, I came across this case in NAMUS and was curious because I grew up in WV. Where the body is found is right between Ohio and Kentucky, but could have easily floated in from the Kanawha River in WV.

https://identifyus.org/cases/84

The description is lacking, he was in the river for "weeks" and is 6'0", 25-35, white male. NAMUS also mentions that the body had "Morton's toe" and big toenails filed to a point. Mortons toe basically means that your 2nd toe (beside your big toe) is longer than your big toe.

NAMUS also has partial dental records, but most of the front teeth fell out.

DNA is "entered", how does that help us here?
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-12-2012 at 07:16 PM.

The other thing that is worth mention is that his #6 tooth (right upper canine) is turned inward and grown away from its socket. This should be an obvious thing to look for with any possibles who are showing their teeth in their photos.

The "DNA is Entered" helps us in that we should not bother with any possibles that indicate that their DNA is in CODIS. The CODIS system should automatically catch the match if there is a match to be made.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 05-15-2010 at 11:16 PM.

On a somewhat related note, does anyone know why I can't search?

FrankR, I don't know why you can't search sorry - but I do know that I can't send you a private message either (which would be my preferred way of sending this).

Make sure you are logged in, and enable private messages in your profile, and let me know how it goes then.

There seem to be a lot of men who turn up in the Ohio River between Ohio and Kentucky. The first time I went through Namus, it startled me. It's like men turn up there, and women are dumped along the highways, and then Hispanic men are either hung or else shot behind barns or abandoned farm houses.

I hope you can identify this man.

I've been through Namus and the Doe project several times looking in all the states that I believe to be possibles either for dumping the body or for it floating downstream. That includes: Ohio, WV, Kentucky and Indiana. It is theoretically possible that the body also floated down from Pennsylvania too. I think I can rule out upstream on the Kanawha or it's tributaries outside of WV due to the locks which would trap the body I assume.

I will check PA today.

Would you like my help? I'll look wherever you want.

I'll take any help I can get! I checked PA and got side tracked by another case, but when I got back to it, I found nothing even close. I did find this body from WV earlier in spring (technically winter) from a guy who was fishing. His body could have easily ended up in the there, but the clothing is not a complete match.

Jason Adkins
    https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1247/1/

I even emailed the contact for his case from NAMUS and did not hear back (it's been about 2 weeks now).

Ok!

I found these on the Doe Network, I went to December 1998 and opened every one that was not labeled B, who was from 23-37 years old. I didn't put a lot of thought into people from other continents, but I found these men. None of them have a broken nose listed, but that doesn't mean the nose wasn't broken after they went missing (I figured). Unfortunately, they're both from Canada, so I'm not sure how likely a match they'd be.

Robert Joseph Breau is from New Brunswick: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3654dmnb.html I don't know why I didn't take him out, but something about his case just seemed like I shouldn't ignore it.

Richard Ranger is from Ontario: He was last seen wearing jeans and brown leather shoes: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1796dmon.html I thought maybe if he's mentally ill, he hitched a ride and came into the US through the NY crossing. It's probably a stretch.

I looked in Namus (pre-May 1999) at Kentucky, Ohio, New York. I'll go back and do Indiana and Illinois in a minute.

I just went through November, too, just in case, but didn't find anything. I didn't find anyone that would be a match within 1998-1999 in Indiana and Illinois. I think I'll try Michigan and then Florida. I know a LOT of people move between FL and KY.

eta: No one in Michigan or Florida. The one possible match I found in Michigan is missing a toe. I think that would be listed on the John Doe's report.

I wonder if he's homeless, and people don't realize that he's missing. But I'll keep moving out in circles from Ohio/Kentucky.

Maybe focus on states where he could come in on an interstate? I-71, I-74, and I-75 all run through there. It's quite a cross-roads.

PS - Where else do you look besides NAMUS and Doe Network?
    Last edited by frankr; 05-19-2010 at 04:45 PM. Reason: adding PS

Welcome, frankr. We also have a database at http://porchlightinternationalformissinguid.com/ for missing people sorted by year, and at http://s13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/ grouped by state. Porchlight lists cases even if there are no photos of the missing person.

There is also the excellent http://pennsylvaniamissing.com/ but I didn't see any men there who match this UID very well.

I walked all the way through 1998 and 1999 in Porchlight today with no luck. I signed up for a Porchlight login so I can use the search feature, hopefully that comes through soon.

According to Namus, the footwear that was found on the body was a brown Timberlake ankle high boots, size 11 Medium.

I'm thinking that this looks like a pair of work shoes to me. Are they steel toes?

I haven't forgotten this man, I've been very ill lately. I'm trying to think of where else we could look. I can go through the different state police missing people, if you want. I won't be as fast, but I'll still look.

I can see if I can find any info on Timberland boots. I know some are steel toed, some aren't. But I wonder if there is a little white tag inside the "tongue" of the boot that has an id number. That would help us narrow down the exact boot, at least.

eta: They don't look like the type to have steel toes, but that doesn't really mean much. I found a pair of tennis shoes with steel toes at Walmart once.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast