583 users online (59 members and 524 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KY - Linda Peachey, 6, Fleming County, 15 May 2010

The 6-year-old's name has not been released, but police did release a photo of her in hopes that someone may see her. She's 46 in tall and weighs 50 lbs. She has blond hair and is wearing a light green dress.

The girl was last seen around 1:30 Saturday afternoon at a residence in the 300 block of Beechburg Road. Search crews are using a helicopter, tracking dogs, four-wheelers and volunteers on foot to search for her. We're told a Rowan County dive team has also been called to search an old 2 acre pay lake on the property.

http://www.lex18.com/news/still-no-s...ng-6-year-old/

http://www.lex18.com/news/photo-rele...ng-girls-dress
    Last edited by 5CentsWorth; 05-15-2010 at 11:06 PM.

So....I am not afraid to show my lack of knowledge here.....what is a "pay lake"????

Oh no! That doesn't sound good! I hope they find her soon!

Do you know what city this is in? I couldn't find that address in Lexington. Probably outside of city limits? Found a Beechburd Road in Flemingsburg, does that sound right?

Quote Originally Posted by raeann View Post
    So....I am not afraid to show my lack of knowledge here.....what is a "pay lake"????
    It is a private lake that is stocked and you pay the owner to fish there.

Search continues for missing 6 year old girl

The child has been missing since Saturday afternoon. Multiple teams have been searching land looking for her, but right now the focus is on a 10-acre lake on her family's property. The bluegrass dive and rescue team has been called in to help.

Crews are using sonar and say they still consider this a search and rescue mission. Officials say they plan to stay out until they find the little girl.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/93867619.html

ETA: So...is it a 10-acre lake, or a 2-acre lake?

The only definition of what a pay lake is that I know---is when a lake is on private property and the owner of the land and the lake charge a fee to go fish there. At least that's how I've seen visits to pay lakes done in my family.

I4G yes the address indicating outside of Flemingsburg IMHO is correct.

IIRC, Fleming county is NE of Lexington. Not a really close. Lexington is another county but the 2nd largest city in Kentucky (well it was when I lived there).

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post
    Oh no! That doesn't sound good! I hope they find her soon!

Do you know what city this is in? I couldn't find that address in Lexington. Probably outside of city limits? Found a Beechburd Road in Flemingsburg, does that sound right?
    If you type in Hillsboro, I think it is off Wallingford Road on 559. I am a couple of counties over and really not very familiar with the area.

Quote Originally Posted by 5CentsWorth View Post
    If you type in Hillsboro, I think it is off Wallingford Road on 559. I am a couple of counties over and really not very familiar with the area.
    Thanks! I found a Flemingsburg-Beechburg Road running to the west, a Mt. Carmel-Beechburg Road running to the north, and a Beechburg-Wallingford Road running to the south. The largest lake I see is off of the one you mentioned, though, Beechburg-Wallingford. Looks much more like 2 acres than 10.

ETA: HUGE wooded area to the east of the lake, too. Wow.
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 05-15-2010 at 11:42 PM.

Beautiful little girl. I hope she's found soon.

I THINK this is the area they are searching. If someone else knows differently, correct me and I'll be happy to fix it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...77162&t=h&z=14

I followed your lead on google maps I4G. I see in the 300 block of beechburg road (also has flemingsburg road as a name too).

I see a small lake.

I hope she is found soon. Pretty little girl. I would imagine she was pretty familiar with her family's property and what not. I wonder why they believe she may be in the lake? I hope not.

I was so hoping when I opened this thread I would see she was found. It doesn't look like there are neighbors close by. Where could she be?
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I hope she's found safe and sound too cubby. I hope that she found a little hidey hole that she knows about from playing out and about her family's property and fell asleep.

Prayers for her to be found safe and soon.

We're told any volunteers wanting to help in the search are asked to wait until tomorrow morning, since night has fallen and there has been some rain and thunderstorms. There are still some rescue crews out with flashlights. Crews have been out with a helicopter, tracking dogs, four-wheelers and volunteers on foot and horseback to search for her. We're told a Rowan County dive team has also been called to search an old two acre pay lake on the property.

If you have any information, you're asked to call Fleming County Dispatch at 606-845-2121.

http://www.lex18.com/news/6-year-old...nteers-to-help

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/93867619.html

Found this short article this morning.

I hope they find her, soon.
    Sitting. on. hands.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast