1034 users online (227 members and 807 guests)  

Websleuths News

Question Blown Margins

Is anyone else having the problem of blown margins? I've had to reduce my pages to near microscopic in order to read them here at WS. I am using the newest version of Firefox, if that makes any difference.
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by tezi View Post
    Is anyone else having the problem of blown margins? I've had to reduce my pages to near microscopic in order to read them here at WS. I am using the newest version of Firefox, if that makes any difference.
    I've got a widescreen monitor, so I can see everything, but it's certainly wider than normal - the side ads seem to be missing, I think?

I'm having the same problem. It's usually caused by too large a file or something in a posters signature.

ETA: I'm using Internet Explorer.

I've had the same problem on every page since yesterday. Oh well!
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

I pm'd Adnoid last night and this morning he let me know he was aware of it and is working on it.

Hard to give thanks with all the toggling back and forth.

My margins are blown too, and I've tried browsing with both Firefox and Internet Explorer............it's the same with either of them. I have to scroll way to the right to read all of the post, and I have a wide-screen monitor.
    My posts are my opinion..........

As I was browsing through 'new posts' tonight I clicked into a thread about Sabrina Babb-Jones by the Crime Doctor. He/she has 'huge' pictures in the last page which might be the blown margin problem. It sure blew the margins in that thread and with so many pictures I'm wondering if that could cause other margin problems. I don't think I have enough posts to be able to contact Adnoid myself so thought maybe someone else could? Thanks.

FYI - My margins are now fine. How's everybody else's?

ETA: Thanks to Adnoid for taking care of the glitch!
    Last edited by WhyaDuck?; 05-17-2010 at 12:19 AM.

Mine have now returned to normal. Thanks Adnoid!
    My posts are my opinion..........

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    Mine are good too. Saturday afternoon was when I noticed the problem. Like others, I thought it was large pictures, but no, no big pics. I don't see ads when I view the pages, I had no idea there were ads until I used someone else's computer a few months ago! So ads couldn't have caused it. I reduced the size of the text slightly and it worked much better. While it was still spread across the entire screen, I didn't have to joggle the threads just so I could read them. So the slight reduction of text was the perfect solution for me, although I was afraid I'd strain my eyes if I read too long. It's all good now. Back to normal. Thanks so much.
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Talking Thanks Adnoid!

Thanks Adnoid!!! The only thing I knew to do was adjust the screen resolution and I think my eyes might be stuck on "squinch" (thanks, Mom).
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

Smile

Mine are back to normal, thanks adnoid!
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    The blown margins were my fault. Sorry. I changed a title to one of the forums to something really long and that causes some of you to have blown margins.

I have received the appropriate punishment from adnoid and the other mods and it shall never happen again . . . until the next time.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR