Blown Margins

tezi

Proud member of WS since 2000.
Reaction score
Is anyone else having the problem of blown margins? I've had to reduce my pages to near microscopic in order to read them here at WS. I am using the newest version of Firefox, if that makes any difference.

Is anyone else having the problem of blown margins? I've had to reduce my pages to near microscopic in order to read them here at WS. I am using the newest version of Firefox, if that makes any difference.

I've got a widescreen monitor, so I can see everything, but it's certainly wider than normal - the side ads seem to be missing, I think?

I'm having the same problem. It's usually caused by too large a file or something in a posters signature.

ETA: I'm using Internet Explorer.

I've had the same problem on every page since yesterday. Oh well! :)

I pm'd last night and this morning he let me know he was aware of it and is working on it.

Hard to give thanks with all the toggling back and forth.

My margins are blown too, and I've tried browsing with both Firefox and Internet Explorer............it's the same with either of them. I have to scroll way to the right to read all of the post, and I have a wide-screen monitor.

As I was browsing through 'new posts' tonight I clicked into a thread about Sabrina Babb-Jones by the Crime Doctor. He/she has 'huge' pictures in the last page which might be the blown margin problem. It sure blew the margins in that thread and with so many pictures I'm wondering if that could cause other margin problems. I don't think I have enough posts to be able to contact myself so thought maybe someone else could? Thanks.

FYI - My margins are now fine. How's everybody else's?

ETA: Thanks to for taking care of the glitch!

Mine have now returned to normal. Thanks ! :)

Mine are good too. Saturday afternoon was when I noticed the problem. Like others, I thought it was large pictures, but no, no big pics. I don't see ads when I view the pages, I had no idea there were ads until I used someone else's computer a few months ago! So ads couldn't have caused it. I reduced the size of the text slightly and it worked much better. While it was still spread across the entire screen, I didn't have to joggle the threads just so I could read them. So the slight reduction of text was the perfect solution for me, although I was afraid I'd strain my eyes if I read too long. :crazy: It's all good now. Back to normal. Thanks so much. :woohoo:

Thanks !!! The only thing I knew to do was adjust the screen resolution and I think my eyes might be stuck on "squinch" (thanks, Mom).
:woohoo:​

Mine are back to normal, thanks !

The blown margins were my fault. Sorry. I changed a title to one of the forums to something really long and that causes some of you to have blown margins.

I have received the appropriate punishment from and the other mods and it shall never happen again . . . until the next time. :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back