CANADA Canada - Napanee, Ont, WhtFem 438UFON, 18-25, near Hwy 401, Dec'84

Patience

Former Member
Reaction score
On December 30th, 1984 the remains of a young woman were found in a ditch on a sparsely travelled gravel township road, south of the Hamlet of Newburgh, near Napanee, Ontario.

The young woman has never been identified and her murderer(s) have never been caught.

The Ontario Provincial Police are asking for your assistance in identifying her and in finding her killer(s).

http://www.sudburycrimestoppers.com/Crime%20Files/Unknown%20Female.aspx?PageView=Shared

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/438ufon.html

On a different thread Cubby posted a link for the Polish MP site. I ran a screen for Polish citizens missing in the U.S., and it returned 16 people, including this woman:

Christine Bialy

2012991220045078242_zps34165397.jpg

http://en.zaginieni.pl/missing-and-...ntent&view=article&id=2&id_o=8333231393030323

The main identifiable characteristics for Christine are the long sleek nose, the gap between #10 & 11, and possibly another gap between #11 and 12.

This Canadian Jane Doe case caught my attention, as she also has gaps in the same locations, and has a similarly long sleek nose. Her height (5'7") is within the range specified on the Canadian MP site (i.e., 5'3" to 5'7"), and an inch over the range indicated in DoeNet (5'5"- 5'6").

She is slightly over the age range, her hairstyle and color are completely off, and the timeframe is a little long. But considering the similarities, I wouldn't rule-out based on these negatives.

http://www.sudburycrimestoppers.com/Crime Files/Unknown Female.aspx?PageView=Shared
http://doenetwork.org/cases/438ufon.html

2012991220045078242_zps34165397.jpg
438UFON.jpg
438UFON6.jpg

Thoughts?

I called the Sudbury Crime Stoppers Tip Line, and sent an e-mail to Aleksander Wejman of the zaginieni.pl Polish Missing Persons organization regarding the possible match of Christine Bialy to this Napanee Jane Doe.

I did not find a Christine Bialy on veromi with the right current age, 58. There are two listed but both 50 or under.

IMO, it is possible Christine has since married and is no longer using her Bialy surname. If we had her DOB we could search by first name only and full DOB.

Carl, would you like to send Alexsander another email explaining how we found listings for both Kaz and Stella in veromi and ask if he has a full DOB for Christine to see if we can locate her?

I did not send an email to ITAKA regarding the Stella Nawrocka I found on veromi (posted in a different thread).

I really think we should check veromi before spending a lot of time on submitting possible matches from the ITAKA site. jmo though..... there very well could be some UID's here in the US from this ITAKA site... but more likely I think the majority have simply lost contact.

jmo

Carl, if you still have your membership to ancestry, perhaps you can find a marriage record for a Christine Bialy with the right age..... Or you if no longer have the ancestry membership, perhaps someone with a membership can see if they can find a marriage record that might match.

tia

Carl, if you still have your membership to ancestry, perhaps you can find a marriage record for a Christine Bialy with the right age..... Or you if no longer have the ancestry membership, perhaps someone with a membership can see if they can find a marriage record that might match.

tia

There's nothing on her in Ancestry. I found a Christine M Bialy, but she is too young.

Here's a close-up of Catherine's teeth compared to the smiling facial recon. of Napanee Jane Doe.

2539568640045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

How many people do you know who have gaps on both sides of the #11 canine? ... AND who have noses that look like this?

2628312500045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

Say what you will about the timeline and the hairstyle. This looks like a pretty solid possible to me.

I think it looks like a very good possible, Carl. The one thing that is hanging me up is the does two top front teeth. They appear to be ground down, but that is something I would expect with age, and the doe is 'younger'. I can't figure out why those two top front teeth look 'shortened'. Everything else looks spot on, imo.

Thoughts on the two top front teeth?

ETA: Could the two top front teeth been pushed up? or back further than they should be?

I think it looks like a very good possible, Carl. The one thing that is hanging me up is the does two top front teeth. They appear to be ground down, but that is something I would expect with age, and the doe is 'younger'. I can't figure out why those two top front teeth look 'shortened'. Everything else looks spot on, imo.

Thoughts on the two top front teeth?

ETA: Could the two top front teeth been pushed up? or back further than they should be?

That's what I am thinking - that perhaps the teeth had fallen out and were put back into position (imprecisely). If I was comparing to a postmortem photo or dental x-rays, I'd say there is a clear difference in the front teeth. But with a facial reconstruction, I tend not to expect that kind of precision.

The image is blurred, and there is a bit of white in between the UID's upper and lower teeth that doesn't look like part of the teeth, and it makes the #10 and #11 look longer than they actually are.

Also, Catherine has a more toothy smile than the recon. Her upper lip comes up higher when she smiles, and it makes her teeth look longer.

Carl, I was thinking along the lines of the teeth being forced back somehow without them falling out. Something like an accident where perhaps she hit her teeth on something. Maybe the jaw tissue or gums had become softer and the teeth actually pushed further back into the bone? Is that possible?

You have a good point about the toothy smile.

The description at doenet indicates the doe possibly had a root canal as young as age 8. If Catherines parents are still living, that should be something they'd remember. (If they are healthy enough to remember). Hoping ITAKA can provide some more info on this one. I'm sure they are in contact with family and can either obtain dentals or set something up for DNA comparison.

Here's a close-up of Catherine's teeth compared to the smiling facial recon. of Napanee Jane Doe.

How many people do you know who have gaps on both sides of the #11 canine? ...

Respectfully shortened. Carl, I just noticed. (I don't know what teeth number, maybe 12 and 13?) but the tooth to our left of the canine appears to be "crowded" to the front tooth directly to it's left in the same manner on both the UID and Catherine.

I really think you are onto something here, Carl.

I should add, based on the information we learnt about KH from the ITAKA site, I wouldn't put too much stock into the accuracy of the DLC listed at ITAKA. Clearly there was a 10 year gap with what was listed between last visual contact and last written contact with KH. IMO, that explains the bit of a gap in the timeline you mentioned above, Carl.

Also, the two photo's of Catherine aren't exactly accurate with the color depictions. The one has that reddish tint, I've seen in some old family photo's from the 1960's. The others black and white. Plus the one photo of the doe doesn't have hair color even remotely close to light brown or dark blonde. It looks more brown with an auburn tint.

ITAKA lists Catherines eye color as blue. Yes, I had to look up what niebieskie meant. I had thought it was brown, but I was wrong. That might indicate her hair was on the lighter side of brown even though the photo's don't depict it.

Lastly, I see more of a difference between the two artists recons than I do differences between Catherin and both artists version of the recons. I don't think I can say that for any other possible match we've discussed.

How many people do you know who have gaps on both sides of the #11 canine? ...

Respectfully shortened. Carl, I just noticed. (I don't know what teeth number, maybe 12 and 13?) but the tooth to our left of the canine appears to be "crowded" to the front tooth directly to it's left in the same manner on both the UID and Catherine.

I really think you are onto something here, Carl.

Yes, I noticed that too.

I think you are talking about #10 sitting a little bit inward with a very slight bit of overlap from #9.

And in both images, the gap between 10 & 11 has sort of an hourglass shape.

Also, notice how in both images you either have an extra long upper-left canine (#11) or an extra-long opposing lower-left canine (#22). It is not clear which because both images are a little bit blurred.

Yes, I noticed that too.

I think you are talking about #10 sitting a little bit inward with a very slight bit of overlap from #9.

And in both images, the gap between 10 & 11 has sort of an hourglass shape.

Also, notice how in both images you either have an extra long upper-left canine (#11) or an extra-long opposing lower-left canine (#22). It is not clear which because both images are a little bit blurred.

That's exactly what I meant, I counted from 11 in the wrong direction. I see what you mean with regards to the size of the canine as well. I do think the dentals, facial shape, nose, distance between nose and lips, and the way the upper lip and area between the upper lip and nose are all spot on between the recon and Catherine.

There is a thread here at WS for Catherine Bialy who also goes by the name of Krystyna Szewczykowska-Bialy. Similarly to KH there is conflicting information on the DLC. 1979 and 1993 in Catherine/Krystyna's case.

Poland - PL - Krystyna Szewczykowska-Bialy, 26, USA - 1993 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I really wish they were more clear on the DLC. This site seems more like a site that is trying to reunite families who have lost contact and aren't missing with the same definition/verification standard as we have here at WS by way of an official missing persons report with law enforcement.

I'm a bit more curious about this because I found contact information on 2 of the 16 "MP's" they have listed as missing in the US and have not received a reply email.

Also, a thread exists for Stella at another cold case website indicating Stella's family in Poland was some of her contact information a few year back. And at the time her mother tried contacting the local newspaper along with sending a letter and received no contact. There was no link to the MSM article, so I'm not sure what the contact was....... but I thought I should share what I have uncovered before we delve too deeply into possible matches.

Additionally, I noticed that Charley Project lists only 2 of the 16 ITAKA MP's listed as missing in the USA, which leads me to believe perhaps Meaghan (sp?, sorry) verified which of these MP's have official missing persons reports filed with LE and which do not.

Additionally, I noticed that Charley Project lists only 2 of the 16 ITAKA MP's listed as missing in the USA, which leads me to believe perhaps Meaghan (sp?, sorry) verified which of these MP's have official missing persons reports filed with LE and which do not.

It's probably more likely that Meaghan got the info on the two polish MP's from a local LE agency, as opposed to personally verifying each of the 16 MP's listed on ITAKA. These two MP's were probably listed somewhere on a state MP site.

I found her in Veromi using her first name Krystyna and her DOB 26-Dec-1952 (which was indicated in her WS MBNF thread that Cubby linked to above).

BIALY, KRYSTYNA EWA (Age 58)
Associated names:
BIALY, KRYYSTYN E

Possible Addresses:
ARLINGTON, VA
VAN NUYS, CA
MC LEAN, VA
LOS ANGELES, CA
NORTH HILLS, CA
CANOGA PARK, CA
NORTHRIDGE, CA

Possible Relatives:
BIALY, GREGORY MICMAL (Age 67)
BIALY, CHRISTOPHE

According to Peoplefinders.com, she is currently living in Arlington VA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back