2009.03.02 ~Revisit video*. Geraldo on Cummings Case

OT who happens to be an African American was supposedly Ron C's best friend. He was there in the beginning in some of the videos... Seems he severed the relationship with Ron C not too long after the incident.. Could be it was because of what Jr. said, I don't know.. But to my knowledge he is no longer around....Could be he may have found out some things and didn't want any part of it...Wonder IF he was ever even questioned by LE?

Thanks for making a thread about this video. I hadn't seen it before yesterday.

If LE didn't interview OT, I'd be very surprised!!!

I believe Jr. saw something. Was it a black man or was it someone dressed in black and in the dark he looked black? Wouldn't it be awesome if we knew what all the players were wearing that night?

I also wonder how well Jr. knew Joe O? Not that I'm convinced Joe was involved, I just wonder if Jr. knew him?

OT who happens to be an African American was supposedly Ron C's best friend. He was there in the beginning in some of the videos... Seems he severed the relationship with Ron C not too long after the incident.. Could be it was because of what Jr. said, I don't know.. But to my knowledge he is no longer around....Could be he may have found out some things and didn't want any part of it...Wonder IF he was ever even questioned by LE?

I wonder about that to, Em. Orlando left the picture too soon, if you ask me. What friend, best friend at that, would not show support to Ron if his daughter had been "stolen"? I kinda think that Orlando found out some of the truth and got the hale out of the way.

hi suspicious1. I watched the video. I am very conservative when it comes to child testimony. (especially a child so young) I am not saying that a child that age could not accurately relate what he/she may have seen in the time frame in question. But I am saying that I truly believe that a child (especially a child that age) should be interviewed by trained professionals and that they evaluate whether a child this age is relating anything of evidence. JMHO.

I can't fault Crystal, but I really wish Jr. wasn't allowed to be interviewed in that way. That's neither here nor there because Crystal was just desperate to find out what happened to Haleigh. JMHO.

Until I hear it from LE, or it is released by those that interviewed Jr. I can't take it into consideration. But that's just me and how I process info. JMHO.

As for RC doing drugs and being involved in the drug scene and using drugs himself. That came as no surprise. I, too, thought he was involved even before I had heard/seen evidence. JMHO.

As for the theory that someone from that drug scene that came into RC's home and targeted Haleigh because of a beef with RC. I have a problem reconciling it with what I have seen with activity by cartels out here in the SW.

First, I can't see that RC would be involved with a cartel at any level directly. He's just a big fish in a little pond over in Putnam Co. IMHO.

Secondly, if this were a beef with a local or regional drug supplier or dealer or end user. I truly believe that we would have not heard about a missing child. We would have read reports that a teen (babysitter) and two small children were found slaughtered (executed) in a MH in Putnam Co. But that is just my opinion.

Also, let's play devils advocate---let's say that RC did peeve off a cartel memeber--even a hinchman---that hinchman has to recieve permission to exact revenge. He needs clearance from the cartel. If he acts on his own and it the cartel is not happy with his act---he himself will be murdered. JMHO and interpretation of how the inner workings of the cartels work.

To continue with that line of thinking, I further think that if a drug cartel came into that MH. It would have been to extract Ronald. He would have been their focus and he would have been murdered. If we examine the motive of a cartel--then both children would have been taken and possibly MC too.

ETA: all of the above are just thoughts and ideas and JMHO at this point in time.

Does anyone else think that maybe Jr was coached?

It seems the Cummings were denying Jr statements.

I wonder about that to, Em. Orlando left the picture too soon, if you ask me. What friend, best friend at that, would not show support to Ron if his daughter had been "stolen"? I kinda think that Orlando found out some of the truth and got the hale out of the way.

Hi suspicious1, I'm not directing my response to you just adding to your thought above because I agee with the part I bolded!

Back when Haleigh first went missing. I remember distinctly that other crime boards (not WS) were posting in a very irresponsible manner with regard to this man.

I saw that other crime boards had ferreted out not only info on him (social networking sites) and speculated about his possible involvement as the man that Jr. related seeing.

But they also ferreted out his significant other and posted pics of her and children (I can't remember if they were shared children)

Although this man's race matches to the possible race that Jr. related seeing. I can't make the assumption that this man is the one and only AA male that RC is friends with. JMHO.

If I had been in his shoes? If I had either seen or been told what was being said about not only me but my significant other and children involved in that relationship? I would have headed for the hills as fast as my feet could take me. Meaning I would have distanced myself. JMHO.

I am not him so I can only speculate what I would have done. JMHO.

All of the above is just my thoughts and opinions.

I too do not put much stock into the story that JR is telling because he's a child, a very young child.

Did you hear Crystal mention that all JR know is Misty was there when he woke up. Maybe I'll go back and look at the video again. It seems like Crystal is saying that because JR was sleep he doesn't know if Misty was there or not. Well who put him to sleep?? Was she there at any point during that evening??...Or was she only there after JR woke up???

I don't know what to make of this. I still don't know that it's possible Jr could've slept in the trailer that night at all.
The one thing that rang true to me is when he's asked if Sissy woke up when she was carried out and he says "no"
If he indeed saw Haleigh carried out she was most definitely deceased IMO.
I fear Jr was surrounded by so many low life's and despicable things, who even knows what was "norm" in that household. I imagine his thoughts and memories of that night are most likely extremely convoluted. I don't read much into the "black man in black"

Hi suspicious1, I'm not directing my response to you just adding to your thought above because I agee with the part I bolded!

Back when Haleigh first went missing. I remember distinctly that other crime boards (not WS) were posting in a very irresponsible manner with regard to this man.

I saw that other crime boards had ferreted out not only info on him (social networking sites) and speculated about his possible involvement as the man that Jr. related seeing.

But they also ferreted out his significant other and posted pics of her and children (I can't remember if they were shared children)

Although this man's race matches to the possible race that Jr. related seeing. I can't make the assumption that this man is the one and only AA male that RC is friends with. JMHO.

If I had been in his shoes? If I had either seen or been told what was being said about not only me but my significant other and children involved in that relationship? I would have headed for the hills as fast as my feet could take me. Meaning I would have distanced myself. JMHO.

I am not him so I can only speculate what I would have done. JMHO.

All of the above is just my thoughts and opinions.

That would make me run too! Especially if I thought everyone was going to be looking in my direction. Does anyone know if he's been interviewed by LE?? Boy, I hope they did.

I too am African American and it seems from experience that people think "if we just say a black man did it" it's all of sudden more plausible/believable, KWIM? I hate that with a passion because evil lurks in everyone not just African Americans. If Orlando had any sense and was innocent, he should've volunteered to take a poly. I don't know if he has or has not, but I would think it would be the right thing to do, to clear his name of any suspicion.

That would make me run too! Especially if I thought everyone was going to be looking in my direction. Does anyone know if he's been interviewed by LE?? Boy, I hope they did.

I too am African American and it seems from experience that people think "if we just say a black man did it" it's all of sudden more plausible/believable, KWIM? I hate that with a passion because evil lurks in everyone not just African Americans. If Orlando had any sense and was innocent, he should've volunteered to take a poly. I don't know if he has or has not, but I would think it would be the right thing to do, to clear his name of any suspicion.

I can't answer for anyone but myself but I am very curious about Orlando - not that he is African American but because he was the only non family one that was around - then not around any more. Jr knows Orlando so even if he did refer to a black man, he would have said Orlando if it was. As it appears Ron doesn't have many friends, Orlando was probably questioned early on. Jr probably said a man in black...

MOO to a 4 yr old, at night we are all "black" even the shadows are... I think it would be an innocent response and I bet LE hears that all the time from children. Kids are thinking "color" not "race" KWIM?

I can't answer for anyone but myself but I am very curious about Orlando - not that he is African American but because he was the only non family one that was around - then not around any more. Jr knows Orlando so even if he did refer to a black man, he would have said Orlando if it was. As it appears Ron doesn't have many friends, Orlando was probably questioned early on. Jr probably said a man in black...

I've always wondered about Orlando for the same the reason. Here one day and gone the next. He has to know something about something. LOL

MOO to a 4 yr old, at night we are all "black" even the shadows are... I think it would be an innocent response and I bet LE hears that all the time from children. Kids are thinking "color" not "race" KWIM?

I know what you mean GNGR.

I think some kids only know WHITE or BLACK. They don't know how to identify other ethnic groups. For example, my nephew is 5years old, and he thinks if you are "high yellow"(light-skinned African American) that you are White. No kidding. He's really not understanding that there are different shades, kwim? That's why I agree with you that kids are aften thinking color.

I've always wondered about Orlando for the same the reason. Here one day and gone the next. He has to know something about something. LOL

I think Orlando distanced himself for good reason. I think anyone with sense would have distanced themselves from Ron and Misty. People online were digging up stuff on anyone associated with any of them. I don't think he was involved with what happened, and am not sure he knows anything specific to Haleigh, maybe just suspects something.

I'm sure LE have interviewed him.

I think Orlando distanced himself for good reason. I think anyone with sense would have distanced themselves from Ron and Misty. People online were digging up stuff on anyone associated with any of them. I don't think he was involved with what happened, and am not sure he knows anything specific to Haleigh, maybe just suspects something.

I'm sure LE have interviewed him.

I don't think he is involved either but the way he left the scene, maybe he did suspect something. I mean, who would know Ron better than his Best Friend?

I think OT was (is) wise. If he knew the truth or suspected it, he would want to stay away from Ron and his family, I would think. He was more than likely questioned and then went on with his own life, possibly moving away. Ron never mentioned him again, and it's notable that Ron doesn't seem to have any friends.

my opinion

Snipped:
I too am African American and it seems from experience that people think "if we just say a black man did it" it's all of sudden more plausible/believable, KWIM? I hate that with a passion because evil lurks in everyone not just African Americans.

Below helped to clarify for me (a man dressed in black - that's all I believe).
Hope does for you.

CS on Feb. 24, 2009: NG Show
Snipped:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/24/ng.01.html

SHEFFIELD: When I got in for my visitation, first thing he said to me was, Mommy, I want to find my sissy. And I didn`t question him about none of it. And he was, like, Somebody come in, they was all dressed in black, and took my sissy.

GRACE: Did he say anything else identifying the man, anything at all, any characteristics?

SHEFFIELD: No. He just said that they was dressed in black, or he was dressed in black, whoever it was.

CS on Mar. 17, 2009: JVM Show
Snipped:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0903/17/ijvm.01.html

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, Crystal, just to understand, first we heard that he said a man in black took little Haleigh. Then apparently, we heard a couple of days later that he said a black man in black. Did his story change or did -- was it just an error in reporting?

SHEFFIELD: Well, at first he did say it was a man dressed in black. And then I asked him the following -- the two weeks later when I got him again I asked him about it. But I didn`t want to question him about it, because I know it`s hard on him enough. And I asked him about it and I was, like, "What about the black -- the person dressed in black." And he said it was a black man dressed in black, and he had squeaky shoes. And the I`m not lying. I have no reason to lie.

Going from memory here, it was reported Ron Jr. was interviewed I believe the next morning after Haleigh disappeared. I believe GGMS took jr. down to LE headquarters and he was reportedly interviewed by child experts. Only thing is I can't remember how this was reported. Seems to me this info was provided by GGMS.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back