UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eyes4crime timeline

WARNING: GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING.
Thought I would bring the time line forward for the members and guests.
Ethan's slow deterioration time-line of hell! 101st revision (05/15/10 - eyes4crime & wonderful fellow sleuthers).

April 28th - Wednesday
Divorce papers finalized in Florida, Ethan and mom Stephanie fly to Utah

May 4th - Tuesday
..Last time Ethan talks with dad Joe
..First of many cell phone pictures & videos mom takes of abuse over the days.
..Picture time-stamped May 4th of Ethan with large, notable, area of swelling to jaw and face.

May5th - Wednesday
..Nate's mom sees son Nate, Ethan, and Stephanie - says all is fine (specific place wasn't mentioned)
..Stephanie visits Nate's mom
..Nate takes Ethan in bedroom to punish and beats child around head area; face begins to swell.
..Stephanie continues to complain about Ethan's behavior. Ethan's father, Joe Stacey, was told his son wasn't available to talk with, a trend that continues through Ethan's limited stay.

Between May 5 and May 8
Ethan "exhibits signs and symptoms of a possible head injury or brain swelling due to a head injury,"

Stephanie Sloop told police Tuesday while being interviewed about her son's death: Ethan did not eat well, was vomiting, lethargic and exhibited non-responsive behavior, according to the reports.

May 6th - Thursday (wedding day)
Ethan locked in bedroom while Stephanie and Nate marry; door knob taken off. Nate and Stephanie leave child in bedroom due to swelling and bruises.

Over the next several days, Ethan got progressively ill, police said Stephanie Sloop told detectives. He was vomiting, running a fever and would not eat. The couple forced the boy to drink two 16 oz. bottles of water, a bottle of KoolAid and orange juice in a two-hour period, police wrote in the jail statement. (from warrant of probable cause). Motrin and Benadryl were given for the swelling and Nate gave Benadryl so Ethan would stay quiet.

Thurs May 6 or Fri May 7:
Neighbor recalls seeing Stephanie walking away from the apartment seemingly agitated and stopping to look back at the apartment several times. A short time later Nathan followed her, put his hands on her face in a manner leading the neighbor to believe he was asking she please listen to him.

May 7th - Friday
..Nate calls Stephanie to inform her Ethan is badly burned on hands, feet, and legs up to buttox area from running water in bath (claims Ethan turned on hot water).
..Stephanie finds human feces in child's mouth.
..Stephanie brushes Ethan's teeth until his gums bleed.

May 8th - Saturday
..Found smeared feces on bathroom wall and on Nate.
..Found smeared feces in mouth and again brushed teeth.
..Notices Ethan's lips are bleeding
.. Blood and vomit found in child's bed.
..Stephanie needs to wash bed sheets due to blood and vomit from Ethan's mouth.

May 9th - Sunday (Mother's Day)
..Stephanie makes trip to pharmacy to pick up RX at 5:00am
..Ethan is found dead in bed - Stephanie reports Ethan feels cold and stiff

Ethan wrapped in garbage bags with tape, brought to Powder Mountain area for burial. Hammer used to disfigure facial features and teeth of Ethan. Stephanie buys 2 slushies and 2 cans lighter fluid to destroy evidence.

May 10th (Monday)
..Reported that Nate and Stephanie were shopping at Best Buy for video games and to fix Play Station 3
..Nate talks with Joe rather than Stephanie
..Late in day Stephanie reports child missing
...Tells police a made up story about Ethan leaving the apt. 5x in in last 10 days in middle of night.

May 11th (Tuesday)
LE finds child buried - teeth and face smashed in with hammer, lighter fluid used to destroy evidence.

Please let me know of any additions or deletions. TIA
Thanks to all of you with suggestions for additions/corrections - used every one of them.

Warrant of Probable Cause: Most of the time-line comes from this document. Quotes, and LE media leases.
(Nathan Probable Cause)
http://www.abc4.com/media/lib/5/0/3/...than_Sloop.pdf

(Stephanie Probable Cause)
http://www.abc4.com/media/lib/5/c/6/...ie_C_Sloop.pdf

Fellow sleuthers - please continue to let me know of updates, new information, corrections. Thanks for all your help!
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #4

He tells me when I mess up, and helps correct me when I'm wrong. That's what a relationship is. Growing together, and helping each other. I couldn't imagine another day without him. It was truly love at first sight. I couldn't be happier with a better man. Someone else's garbage is now my treasure.
In the time we've been together, he has saved my life twice, without it having been in danger for provoking his bad side.

Yes, in MOO she knew and witnessed red flags before Ethan was brought there...

He tells me when I mess up, and helps correct me when I'm wrong. That's what a relationship is. Growing together, and helping each other. I couldn't imagine another day without him. It was truly love at first sight. I couldn't be happier with a better man. Someone else's garbage is now my treasure.
In the time we've been together, he has saved my life twice, without it having been in danger for provoking his bad side.

Definitely. And that's what makes this case especially horrific. It's comparable to a stranger abduction in that a child is forcefully taken from a safe, loving environment and brought into a damaging, harmful environment. Two extremes.

And the trauma is worsened because the damager/harmer is a figure in the child's life who SHOULD be -- by nature, experience, and societal norms -- the loving protector.

THIS CASE IS PERVERSE.

Definitely. And that's what makes this case especially horrific. It's comparable to a stranger abduction in that a child is forcefully taken from a safe, loving environment and brought into a damaging, harmful environment. Two extremes.

And the trauma is worsened because the damager/harmer is a figure in the child's life who SHOULD be -- by nature, experience, and societal norms -- the loving protector.

THIS CASE IS PERVERSE.

One word...Shaniya.

Respondent has a history of mental problems.

Is Respondent supposed to be taking medication for mental health problems? (x) Yes

"Respondent was physically abusive during the course of my marriage.He struck and slapped me on multiple occasions. He would push me into the wall and pull my hair when he'd lose his temper. "

http://www.fox13now.com/media/acrobat/2010-05/53746992.pdf

From The Knot Wedding Page:

Nathan Said: The more Genuine You are in todays world the more that people dont want to date you.

Stephanie Said:The more I think about all of this, had I not been with Nathan, and back in Vegas, or even in Florida, I would've had no idea that I was going to die.

after reading that protection order... she was right! he was a "genuine guy" that was a killer and SHE KNEW IT!!!! She had to know it! he didn't change in the * months she knew him.

Nathan Said: The more Genuine You are in todays world the more that people dont want to date you.

Stephanie Said:The more I think about all of this, had I not been with Nathan, and back in Vegas, or even in Florida, I would've had no idea that I was going to die.

after reading that protection order... she was right! he was a "genuine guy" that was a killer and SHE KNEW IT!!!! She had to know it! he didn't change in the * months she knew him.

Those two quotes are so telling...holy !!!!!

Right. "Full disclosure." She knew even more than LE and the public has learned through interviews and documents! She knew firsthand.

Nathan's statements here lead me to believe he told her everything, no matter how sordid, and she accepted it, and we see she completely justified it in her mind for whatever wacky, messed-up reasons each of them came up with.

That's delusional. Almost cult-like.

Right. "Full disclosure." She knew even more than LE and the public has learned through interviews and documents! She knew firsthand.

Nathan's statements here lead me to believe he told her everything, no matter how sordid, and she accepted it, and we see she completely justified it in her mind for whatever wacky, messed-up reasons each of them came up with.

That's delusional. Almost cult-like.

Yes, or pathologically co-dependent. I still think there is a possibility that he fed her pathological needs and she his. JMHO at this point in time.

I can hardly stand reading this chit! On their way to spiritual discovery with each other - they seem to put all the negative into a path of radiant light...they are just in awe with themselves - how sickening. Seems they forgot to discuss how children fit into their newfound love of themselves - maybe their motto is: if it doesn't fit in - get rid of it! moo

...And in that PDF for the protection order, it says does/did he have access to weapons, to which she answers yes. And if there is drug use, also to which she answers yes. :eek:

Soooo.....is she saying that he has saved her life before after she was in danger by provoking his bad side?

Who was the RX for?

Who was the RX for?

Her prince :sick:

http://www.fox13now.com/media/acrobat/2010-05/53746992.pdf

OMG. The anger and rage this guy has. This was in 09 that this was filed. Ethan did not stand a chance around this scum.

This is dated September 09. Nathan and Stephanies relationship began sometime in October 09. Pretty scary imo.

I think Stephanie enjoyed the danger of being involved with someone like Nathan. As odd as it sounds, she delighted in the moth to flame behavior and seeing how she was 'above all others' by not provoking his bad side. Fine for her, but she had no business putting Ethan in the same line of fire she chose for herself.

JMO

Yes, or pathologically co-dependent. I still think there is a possibility that he fed her pathological needs and she his. JMHO at this point in time.

More than just an opinion imo. I would venture to say a professional would come up with a similiar analysis of their behavior. I think they had grandiose delusions Ethan would have demonstrated the same admiration for them as they had for themselves and each other without so much as a second thought to normal childhood behavior.

I am still interested in knowing why Stephanie requested no contact with her mother, her father and her step father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopyxxoo31