Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CCup View Post
    IMO, these 2 have got to be drug addicts, there is NO way they could be this stupid and delusional without the help of drugs!
    Drugs could be very much to blame in this case as NS has a record for that. But, as hard as it is to imagine, people are capable of doing very horrible things to other people and even children. There is a case on trial near me that is as horriffic as this one and there were no drugs found on the mom and step-dad. Nor in the home.

I will link the case for any that are interested in reading about this precious little girl who's life was also cut too short by evil.

Blaine Milam - on trial for murder of 13mo-old Amora Bain Carson (Texas) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 05-18-2015 at 07:46 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Justice for Sheila Deviney, Chandra Turner and Tom Horton, the Garvin County 3!!!!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easttexas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SondraK View Post
    No spousal priviledge, no insanity.....best news I've heard all day!!!
    Seems ol' Nater Bean isn't as intelligent as he claims to be.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Muffet View Post
    She also described NS as a kind and sensitive spirit who just wanted to give to others.

It was things like that that influenced my perception of her and made me suspicious about her saying she saw Ethan on the 5th, and he was happy and healthy.

I haven't seen anything else, and I'm curious to know if she continues in this vein or not.

Here's the video wherein she says all these things. (There's another video of her that is just a short excerpt of this one, and it misses a lot.)
    http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/loca...rticleID=97728
    Thank you for this link! I find her very believable and IMOO NS and SS snowed her. She truly believed SS was good for NS and may have even changed him... she also takes some of the blame upon herself, which is something I've heard very little of from some of the parents in these horrendous cases! I would be very surprised if she saw anything wrong with Ethan when she was there. After all I've read, seen, and heard in this case, I cannot help but believe that SS is the controller, NS was just thrilled to find someone who would let him be himself, and I thank God they're in custody, and I cry for Ethan and those who loved him!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LandAuxvasse For This Useful Post:

Ethan's obituary

http://www.grundyfuneralhome.com/Obi...avid_stacy.htm

ETHAN JONATHAN DAVID STACY, 4 years old of Richlands, Virginia, passed away Saturday, May 11, 2010 in Layton, Utah. Born at Fort Stewart Army Base in Savannah, Georgia on September 22, 2005, he was the son of Joe Gary Stacy of Richlands, Virginia. Ethan was a fun loving boy who enjoyed life and loved playing with his Transformers.

Ethan is survived by his loving father – Joe Gary Stacy and his fiancé Becky Leigh Elswick of Richlands, Virginia, One sister – Alisa Destiny Stacy, Mt. Carmel, IL, One Brother – Destrian Jonathan David Stacy, Mt. Carmel, IL, Paternal Grandmother – Peggy Jo and her husband David Akers, Grundy, VA, Paternal Grandfather – Gary Steven and his wife Freda Stacy, Hurley, VA, Maternal grandparents – John and Katrina Busby, Apopka, FL

He is also survived by several Aunts, Uncles and Cousins.

Funeral services for ETHAN JONATHAN DAVID STACY will be conducted Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 1:00 P.M. at the Grundy Funeral Home Chapel with Evangelist Mike Rife officiating with burial to follow in the Clinch Valley Memorial Cemetery, Richlands, Virginia.

Friends may call at the Grundy Funeral Home chapel after 5:00 P.M. Tuesday with evening services at 7:00 P.M.

Active Pallbearers will be Marshall Osborne, Brett Sword, Aaron Keene and Jacob Keene.

A memorial fund has been set up for Ethan Stacy at Tru Point Bank – P. O. Box 1010 – Grundy, Virginia 24614 – Ethan Stacy Memorial Fund.

Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.grundyfuneralhome.com

Grundy Funeral Home of Grundy, Virginia is in charge of all arrangements.

-------------

Seems we were right. He did die on Saturday. Sounds like the ME is doing an outstanding job, IMO.

I'm also glad to see that Joe has a fiancee; I know Michelle has been so supportive, but I was hoping he had someone there with him.

I can't attend the funeral, as I'm at work that day. I'm going to do my damndest to attend the family night on Tuesday, if at all possible.

ETA: I didn't notice the date doesn't match the day; thanks easttexas for pointing that out. I'll contact the funeral home and get some clarification.
    Last edited by Calliope; 05-16-2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: link and photo

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by georgiagirl View Post
    I am glad that Joe has Michelle to lean on during this difficult time. I am thankful they seem to have a great relationship despite being divorced. It has to be so hard on both of them even though Michelle was not his "real" mom it sounds like she was more of one than SS ever was. I cannot even imagine what the two older kids are going through. This horrible tragedy can only bring this family closer.

Not so sure that Joe and Michelle have such a good relationship if you can believe the last paragraph in the following publication on Friday on the Deseret News

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...cys-death.html

In other court documents obtained by the Deseret News Thursday, Joe Stacy filed for a protective order in 2007 against another spouse, Michelle Rodriguez, whom he also feared would take his children and flee to London while he was away on military duty.

Joe Stacy claimed in court documents that Rodriguez pulled a knife on him, slapped their kids, left them alone in a room while she went to a bar and then brought men back to the apartment to have sexual relations while the children were still there.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valleyboy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    Ethan's obituary

ETHAN JONATHAN DAVID STACY, 4 years old of Richlands, Virginia, passed away Saturday, May 11, 2010 in Layton, Utah. Born at Fort Stewart Army Base in Savannah, Georgia on September 22, 2005, he was the son of Joe Gary Stacy of Richlands, Virginia. Ethan was a fun loving boy who enjoyed life and loved playing with his Transformers.

Ethan is survived by his loving father – Joe Gary Stacy and his fiancé Becky Leigh Elswick of Richlands, Virginia, One sister – Alisa Destiny Stacy, Mt. Carmel, IL, One Brother – Destrian Jonathan David Stacy, Mt. Carmel, IL, Paternal Grandmother – Peggy Jo and her husband David Akers, Grundy, VA, Paternal Grandfather – Gary Steven and his wife Freda Stacy, Hurley, VA, Maternal grandparents – John and Katrina Busby, Apopka, FL

He is also survived by several Aunts, Uncles and Cousins.

Funeral services for ETHAN JONATHAN DAVID STACY will be conducted Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 1:00 P.M. at the Grundy Funeral Home Chapel with Evangelist Mike Rife officiating with burial to follow in the Clinch Valley Memorial Cemetery, Richlands, Virginia.

Friends may call at the Grundy Funeral Home chapel after 5:00 P.M. Tuesday with evening services at 7:00 P.M.

Active Pallbearers will be Marshall Osborne, Brett Sword, Aaron Keene and Jacob Keene.

A memorial fund has been set up for Ethan Stacy at Tru Point Bank – P. O. Box 1010 – Grundy, Virginia 24614 – Ethan Stacy Memorial Fund.

Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.grundyfuneralhome.com

Grundy Funeral Home of Grundy, Virginia is in charge of all arrangements.

-------------

Seems we were right. He did die on Saturday. Sounds like the ME is doing an outstanding job, IMO.

I'm also glad to see that Joe has a fiancee; I know Michelle has been so supportive, but I was hoping he had someone there with him.

I can't attend the funeral, as I'm at work that day. I'm going to do my damndest to attend the family night on Tuesday, if at all possible.
    this is confusing for me....he was reported missing on the 10th?? I thought that SS admitted to knowing that Ethan was dead on the 9th...what am I missing here?
    Justice for Sheila Deviney, Chandra Turner and Tom Horton, the Garvin County 3!!!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easttexas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by easttexas View Post
    this is confusing for me....he was reported missing on the 10th?? I thought that SS admitted to knowing that Ethan was dead on the 9th...what am I missing here?
    Oh... I didn't notice the date, just the day Saturday. I'm going to contact the funeral home to see if they can clarify and edit that if necessary.

Either that means they know he died on Saturday, or they're going by when his body was found.

Hmmm.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

MAy 11, 2010 was not a Saturday. It was a Tuesday. My birthday is on the 13th...I knew that something was wrong there.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easttexas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by easttexas View Post
    Well for starters Saturday was NOT May 11... so I am with you there!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:

It's already been corrected.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    Oh... I didn't notice the date, just the day Saturday. I'm going to contact the funeral home to see if they can clarify and edit that if necessary.

Either that means they know he died on Saturday, or they're going by when his body was found.

Hmmm.
    They may be going by the date that he was found? I don't know. It just jumped out at me....

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    It isn't corrected. On the main page, it says Saturday, May 8th, but then when you click on it, it still shows Saturday, the 11th or 12th. But... from the looks of it, he did die on Saturday, not Sunday as SS suggested. I hate to say it, but I am also happy she was left out of the obit. Can I say that?

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sunflowerchick For This Useful Post:

(snipped)

Quote Originally Posted by Valleyboy View Post
    Not so sure that Joe and Michelle have such a good relationship if you can believe the last paragraph in the following publication on Friday on the Deseret News

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...cys-death.html

In other court documents obtained by the Deseret News Thursday, Joe Stacy filed for a protective order in 2007 against another spouse, Michelle Rodriguez, whom he also feared would take his children and flee to London while he was away on military duty.

Joe Stacy claimed in court documents that Rodriguez pulled a knife on him, slapped their kids, left them alone in a room while she went to a bar and then brought men back to the apartment to have sexual relations while the children were still there.
    Uhhh...wow. Certainly not flattering information.

I have to wonder though -- why would a journalist include this information? Is it relevant? I hate to admit that even I'm interested by the detail, but when I step back, does it have any bearing on Ethan's well being? (Not asking these questions rhetorically...I'd like to know anyone else's thoughts on this.)
    'Ailina - Freelance Author, Home Educator
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ailinawillis

Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    http://www.fox13now.com/media/acroba...5/53746992.pdf

Protection Order Domestic Violence
    Jennifer Freeman vs Nathaniel Sloop
    Filed 10/31/2009
    WOW!!! I am glad she and her daughter got away from him. They are very lucky, and probably realizing it even more now.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to jenniferst For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    I just checked it and it has not been changed.

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast