1034 users online (168 members and 866 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Attempted Kidnapping

A child attending the Willowdale Steeplechase event on May 9th avoided what was going to be something sinister no dount.

The child along with her brother and his friend went for ice cream. A man approached and spoke with her briefly and then grabbed her by the wrists while yelling she had to come with him. The guy was frightened off by the victim's brother and friend's reaction.

I wish I knew how old they were because too bad their reaction wasn't a beat down.

There's a sketch included. The man is described between 50-70. These are kids so it's all the same I guess? 50? 70? He has wrinkled skin. Further description at link. This is in Marlborough, Pa. I wonder how far that is from the old creeper just arrested for an assault out of Virginia and was living in Pottsgrove?

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...ime&id=7443833

How incredibly frightening for those kids. It's going to be a long time, if ever, before they feel safe again. It is a crying shame that this has impinged on their childhood. I am so tired of these animals hunting our children.

Parents need to be VERY aware that these creeps are becoming more brazen than ever, I have copy and pasted below an e mail that I received from a neighbor earlier this week just as an example of the "new" ways that are being invented to get to children right in their own neighborhoods. If there is a better place for this to be posted, PLEASE feel free to move my post to that thread!

Copy of email received:
    "On Tuesday the kids and I were outside playing with the neighbors when a full size grey or dk grey van pulled into our culdasac. I got a funny vibe right away when I saw him. He drove past us, parked and shut off his car. He then acted as though he was delivering a phone book. (it was in a yellow bag, so it looked legit). I thought it was funny that he skipped a house.....and figured I was going to get a book next. Well, we all went inside and he left. On Wednesday, I learned that an incident had happened over in Chesnut Ridge...... a man appeared to be delivering phone books when he attempted to lure a girl away. Mom saw her walking away from their house with him and ran outside and stopped them and began questioning him. He must of got spooked, and he got away. The phone book that the little girl had been given was expired!!!! (I am not sure what day this happened)
    I did not get a phone book that day......and when I checked with my neighbor on Thursday, she said she had gotten an old phone book!!!!!! She had been told a story of something like this happening in White Tail as well.
    The man was in his 50s I would guess, he was around 6feet, and was alone.

Please pass this on to anyone you know, and if you see a van that is similar, get a plate number, then call the police!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by raeann View Post
    Parents need to be VERY aware that these creeps are becoming more brazen than ever, I have copy and pasted below an e mail that I received from a neighbor earlier this week just as an example of the "new" ways that are being invented to get to children right in their own neighborhoods. If there is a better place for this to be posted, PLEASE feel free to move my post to that thread!

Copy of email received:
    "On Tuesday the kids and I were outside playing with the neighbors when a full size grey or dk grey van pulled into our culdasac. I got a funny vibe right away when I saw him. He drove past us, parked and shut off his car. He then acted as though he was delivering a phone book. (it was in a yellow bag, so it looked legit). I thought it was funny that he skipped a house.....and figured I was going to get a book next. Well, we all went inside and he left. On Wednesday, I learned that an incident had happened over in Chesnut Ridge...... a man appeared to be delivering phone books when he attempted to lure a girl away. Mom saw her walking away from their house with him and ran outside and stopped them and began questioning him. He must of got spooked, and he got away. The phone book that the little girl had been given was expired!!!! (I am not sure what day this happened)
    I did not get a phone book that day......and when I checked with my neighbor on Thursday, she said she had gotten an old phone book!!!!!! She had been told a story of something like this happening in White Tail as well.
    The man was in his 50s I would guess, he was around 6feet, and was alone.

Please pass this on to anyone you know, and if you see a van that is similar, get a plate number, then call the police!!!!!"
    Another example of just how dang brazen these creepers are. Also, the schemes they will cook up. That could be a guy delivering circulars for pizza or newspapers.

Just shows that we also kind of get that sixth sense and then kind of dismiss it. Nobody wants to believe it.

It's as Belinda said how sad our kids have to live like this. I used to make my DD come IN the house with me when I'd get wash out of the washer to hang in the yard. It's maybe three feet away. Poor kid would be playing in the little playhouse and I'd make her come in just to retrieve the wash to hang out.

This particular case had me thinking "Hmmmmm he was so bold he approached a kid when she was with two other kids". They'll stop at nothing. I've related before I walked my DD to and from school until she was way older than I sure as heck was when I could walk to school. However, we had a ton of kids together. My DD was one of the only kids to come home for lunch. Finally I mean and I'm talking some other kids were hopping buses by that point I let her walk. Meanwhile I had my friend go out on her back porch and she could see her leave the school yard.

We had a system. She'd then call me as she watched her reach her house. I then went out the front and weeded or whatever. I could see her up the block. One day I go out and she's almost up the block and a man gets out of a car. He opens the trunk. I had that sixth sense. I start kind of wondering. I see the man then walk around the car and he's talking to my kid. She answers him and I mean she stopped.

I'm like a nut screaming her name. Running. The guy slams his trunk and takes off. I am now freaked out. I ask "Who IS that?" She told me "I don't know. He told me I should be in school and I'm going to be in trouble. He yelled at me". I asked imploring "Why? Why would you talk to a starnger?"

My DD's answer 'I thought you knew him and he was a neighbor and I didn't want to be fresh or disrespectful".

Another long post. Sorry. That haunts me all these years later. What better way to lure a child? Alone.

What scary stories. Our daughter always went to Catholic school, so we had to drive her back and forth ourselves everyday. It was a pain at the time, but looking back I'm so thankful that we had that extra opportunity to protect her. There were no buses and no walking to school.