FL - Kianna Meus, 1, dies of abusive injury, North Miami, 17 May 2010

danisisa

Reaction score
http://www.justnews.com/news/23579403/detail.html

Circumstances Of Child's Death Unclear

POSTED: Monday, May 17, 2010
UPDATED: 7:12 am EDT May 18, 2010

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- Police said they are working to find out how a baby girl died in a Miami Gardens home Monday morning.

Detectives said the 1-year-old girl was injured Sunday in North Miami. When the girl was taken back to the home in Miami Gardens, where the Department of Children and Families said she was in the custody of an aunt, she was not breathing, according to investigators.

After someone in the home called 911, rescuers arrived, and the baby girl was pronounced dead.

A representative of DCF said the agency has been to the home several times. DCF would not say who was caring for the girl Sunday in North Miami.

Detectives have not released more details.

Copyright 2010 by Post-Newsweek Stations. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Another innocent child let down by DCF...Something has got to change!!! Makes me sick.

Reads to me as if the baby was in her aunt's foster care because there was obviously some issue with the fitness of the parent(s). Makes me wonder if the child was returned dead from a visit with mom or dad. Will be interesting to see if that is the case once more info is available.

Down here in South FloriDUH - you can't imagine what happens every day, every hour. I saw this story yesterday. Here's another one from last weekend. Now thank God this baby didn't die - but realize the luck that was behind him - the angle of projectory, the height of the wall 18 feet, the speed of the car roll.......

Now come to find out - neither child was strapped in and momma is an illegal without a drivers license!

Mother in Pompano crash that sent toddler flying barred from contact with son, daughter

By Rafael A. Olmeda, Sun Sentinel

5:53 p.m. EDT, May 17, 2010

FORT LAUDERDALE
A few short days ago, Rosaline Jean-Baptiste was thanking God for the miracle of her toddler son surviving a car crash that vaulted him over an 18-foot wall. On Monday morning, a Broward judge ordered her not to have any contact with the boy or his sister.

Jean-Baptiste, facing charges of child neglect for allegedly not properly strapping in her two children before Friday morning's crash, will remain in custody on an immigration hold.

**more at link**

No wonder I work at home online and really don't go anywhere - lol.

Court Case No.: F-10-014763
Defendant Name: BODDEN, TIMOTHY OLEN
State Case No.: 13-2010-CF-014763-0001-XX
Date of Birth: 10/19/1986
Date Filed: 05/19/2010
Assessment Amount: $0.00
Balance Due: $0.00
Hearing Date: 03/03/2016
Hearing Time: 09:30
Court Room: REGJB - JUSTICE BUILDING, ROOM No.: 2-7
Address: 1351 N.W. 12 ST
Judge: DIAZ, VERONICA