GUILTY KY - Julie Hendricks, 34, raped & murdered, Louisville, 12 May 2010

believe09

Reaction score
OK-I may have lost perspective here and I will accept criticism if I have...

Here is the story:
http://www.wlky.com/news/23555132/detail.html

Here is the headline:
Police: Murder By Sex
Investigators: Item put around victim's neck restricting airflow

58 Year old Gary Bond was charged with murder and sodomy after 34 year old Julie Hendricks died when her own undergarments were used to strangle her.

Sounds like a sex game gone wrong, right? Nuh-uh. Julie was strangled first, unconscious thereby unable to consent to sex, then raped, then murdered, then raped again.

Read the article. I am absolutely APPALLED. But it get's worse-if you read the comments, someone posted on May 15 at around 1AM that they were her "baby" sister...Julie's that is. And that Julie did not have any kind of relationship with Gary Bond-she indicates that Gary was a homeless man that Julie was familiar with.

I dont understand-how could anyone report this story this way? What an incredible disservice to this woman whose life was taken. Investigators state clearly she did not consent to sex....which makes her, say it with me, a rape victim.

I feel terrible for Julie's family-I wrote the journalist and shared my frustration at the disrespect that was shown to this woman....my land.

I am bumping my own post to give a nod to the long suffering family of this victim. The giggling that occurred around the www in regards to this murder is appalling, imvho. Just to reiterate, Julie's family states firmly that Mr Bond was nothing more than a homeless man that Julie was familiar with.

:hug: to those who love Julie Hendricks...

believeo9, I'm afraid the link in the first post is dead. I did manage to find a lot of other articles, though, in which Julie is called Bond's 'girlfriend' and frankly, I am pretty disgusted at how this case was reported in the media, in general.

Sadly, then, I don't have the means to see the posts that may be from her sister. From what little is actually said about Julie in MSM she was homeless/transient, as was Bond? And yes, she is called his 'girlfriend' in almost every report - which is horrific, if she wasn't. I wonder how cops came to that conclusion. Was it Bond himself who said she was his girlfriend? Or were there others who made statements to that effect?

In any case, disrespectful media treatment of victims is one of my pet hates, and good on you for making your complaint.

believeo9, I'm afraid the link in the first post is dead. I did manage to find a lot of other articles, though, in which Julie is called Bond's 'girlfriend' and frankly, I am pretty disgusted at how this case was reported in the media, in general.

Sadly, then, I don't have the means to see the posts that may be from her sister. From what little is actually said about Julie in MSM she was homeless/transient, as was Bond? And yes, she is called his 'girlfriend' in almost every report - which is horrific, if she wasn't. I wonder how cops came to that conclusion. Was it Bond himself who said she was his girlfriend? Or were there others who made statements to that effect?

In any case, disrespectful media treatment of victims is one of my pet hates, and good on you for making your complaint.

I know that link is dead-I cant decide if that is good or bad. I dont think I ever heard back from that reporter, fwiw. I bumped the thread because someone had reached out to me and I wondered where Mr Bond is today.

From February 2015:

http://cases.justia.com/kentucky/supreme-court/2015-2013-sc-000833-mr.pdf?ts=1424361660

A jury found Gary Steven Bond guilty of murder and sodomy in the first degree. The court, consistent with the jury's recommendation, sentenced Bond to life without the possibility of parole for 25 years on the murder conviction. The court, consistent with an agreement between Bond and the Commonwealth, sentenced Bond to 20 years' imprisonment on the sodomy charge, to run concurrently with the sentence for murder...

In May of 2010, Mark Shelby was temporarily living with Bond and sleeping on Bond's couch. At approximately 5:30 p.m. on May 11, Shelby arrived at Bond's apartment and found Bond and his girlfriend, Julie Hendricks, getting dressed in the bedroom. The three ate dinner and drank some beer and Jagermeister. At approximately 8:00 p.m. Hendricks passed out on the living room floor...

At approximately 1:45 a.m. Bond woke Shelby and said that he thought Hendricks had died. Shelby went into the bedroom and saw that Hendricks, who was nude, was turning blue and appeared to be dead. Shelby encouraged Bond to call 911, which Bond did approximately a half hour later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back