837 users online (110 members and 727 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SC - Boy saves sister from abductor

An 8-year-old boy is being called a hero after saving his sister from an abduction attempt, CBS station KDKA-TV reports.

The Kuhns family was on vacation in Myrtle Beach, S.C., when a man tried to snatch 4-year-old Josie Kuhns in broad daylight.

"He saw man literally grab her from behind and was holding her and she was kicking and screaming and he pulled her into his vehicle," said mother Erin Kuhns.

Josie said the unidentified man pulled her by the feet and her brother pulled back.

"I did everything I could to get her back out of the car," he told KDKA-TV.

Once he got his sister free, he wanted some evidence against the man who was trying to take her, so he scratched him to get a piece of his skin.

"It's called DNA and I saw it on 'NCIS' on TV with my father," he said.

http://cbs5.com/watercooler/nathan.k...2.1699668.html

Good for Nathan! Wouldn't it be perfect justice for him to nailed by DNA gotten by a boy who saw it on TV.

see the 'csi' effect that the prosecution whines about when they lose isnt as bad as they claim. this smart little boy knows dna from a tv show, and used it against the kidnapper.

what a brave kid too.

justice77Guest
    Wow just wow. He's not only extremely brave but smart and a very quick thinker!!!

You know I saw this family on TV.

The mother said she lost sight of the little girl. She then sent the brother to look for her.

These are LITTLE KIDS. How she lost sight of this little doll baby who knows? However, I wonder why she didn't go take her son and look for the child herself?

The brother is adorable, but he looked extremely uncomfortable telling his side of the story. I am so glad they are safe. Quick thinking for this child, but a huge, huge ordeal for such a little boy.

What a brave little guy !!!!

This is a great story, if only all of them could turn out this way. As for mom letting the baby get out of her sight , well I know it happens I bet it won't be happening again. I would have never sent my son alone I would have went with him .

My kids get mad but they can't get 15 feet ahead of me without me getting on them, my oldest has referred to me as a helicopter mom

Horray for Nathan !!!!
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Does this little kid rock or what?

It's so nice to read a story like this and cheer for the hero.

What a brave little boy! Way to go!!!
    "The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Excellent story! Wouldn't it be amazing if Nathan grew up to be a detective or working in a crime lab?

Great Job Nathan! you deserve a heroism award! High five!
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

What a great kid!

What a smart little guy!
    A.K.A.....Lovethechild

I keep thinking about this kids quick thinking.

and what some might say about his choice of scratching or pulling hair.....

This young man is already building his mountain, even if he is too young to understand it.

Whatever he chooses in life will be succesful

and behind this great young man are some great parents!

With due respect to their privacy, it would be interesting to hear from them or about their parenting style. Even anonymously.....

High fives again to both son and parents! These are the kind of kid stories we like to read!
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Thank goodness for this brave little boy. I hope they have this guy's dna on file someplace and they pick him up fast. We know he's out there trolling and this won't stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I keep thinking about this kids quick thinking.

and what some might say about his choice of scratching or pulling hair.....

This young man is already building his mountain, even if he is too young to understand it.

Whatever he chooses in life will be succesful

and behind this great young man are some great parents!

With due respect to their privacy, it would be interesting to hear from them or about their parenting style. Even anonymously.....

High fives again to both son and parents! These are the kind of kid stories we like to read!
    and we need more stories like this

That has got to be the smartest eight year old on the planet. I'm not even sure *I* would think to scratch someone for evidence.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast