1067 users online (219 members and 848 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Newsweek reporter gives Websleuths a pat on the back

The summer of Chandra Levy seems like yesterday, though almost a decade has passed. I'd like to think I'm a better reporter now, less likely to follow the pack. More important, the media landscape has changed. Blogs barely existed in 2001. Now, when I cover any high-profile crime, I make sure to check out Web Sleuths, an Internet forum for armchair detectives who analyze cases and post court filings.
    http://www.newsweek.com/id/238159

I have no idea what forum to post this in. If there's a more appropriate one, would someone please move it.

The headline for this story is "Would Bloggers Have Cracked Chandra's Case?" It's an interesting look at how reporters and police stumbled in investigating Chandra Levy's disappearance.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    You did good my dear. I think I will move it to "Up to the Minute"

All I can say is WOW.

I keep telling you all that you guys are THE BEST.

You never know who is reading here.

Thank you all for your hard work.

Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Quote Originally Posted by gardenhart View Post
    http://www.newsweek.com/id/238159

I have no idea what forum to post this in. If there's a more appropriate one, would someone please move it.

The headline for this story is "Would Bloggers Have Cracked Chandra's Case?" It's an interesting look at how reporters and police stumbled in investigating Chandra Levy's disappearance.

I just posted this on my FB page.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Awesome!!!!! Congrats to Tricia and all the sleuths here who do such a great job in helping to solve cases.

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Wow congrats to Tricia and all the good folks here!!!!

Thanks for the kind words BUT I can't say this enough.

If not for the wonderful and dedicated Moderators and the wonderful and dedicated posters Websleuths would be just another discussion forum among millions.

Thanks again everyone.

This was such a nice suprise to wake up to this morning.

CLICK HERE

OR

Thumbs up Way to go sleuthers

That is really great I'm glad to be a part of such a fantastic investigative group. It feels good to know that we are being noticed. I think this deserves a song.

----------------
    Now playing: Queen - We Are The Champions
    via FoxyTunes

Here is the quick way: We Will Rock You

Last edited by KateB; 06-13-2015 at 10:31 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

That's so cool!!!
    Although CapitolGrilling.com did a pretty good job with the Chandra Levy case, at thetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Thanks for the kind words BUT I can't say this enough.

If not for the wonderful and dedicated Moderators and the wonderful and dedicated posters Websleuths would be just another discussion forum among millions.

Thanks again everyone.

This was such a nice suprise to wake up to this morning.

Yeah, but we can only do so because of your providing us a safe (I typod that as sage, so I am leaving it) and sage place to sleuth. And providing us with awesome mods!!!!

This is awesome news and I congratulate everyone!

WS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    That's so cool!!!
    Although CapitolGrilling.com did a pretty good job with the Chandra Levy case, at thetime.
    I am not familiar with that site but I'll take a look. Thanks T-Rex.

The media didn't learn with Levy's case because they did the exact same thing in the Elizabeth Smart case except the false suspect (Richard Ricci) only met Elizabeth once, had a solid alibi for the night of the kidnapping, and there was ZERO proof of any sort that he took her. Didn't stop the cops or the media from proclaiming him guilty. Just like with Gary Condit.

When John Walsh said soon after Chandra went missing that there was no way Condit was involved is when I changed my mind. Until that point I thought, like everyone else, he was guilty.

Because of these two cases, unless the proof is solid and strong, I don't assume somone is guilty anymore.

Like Ms. Smalley pointed out, we love to take the public docs and tear into them, we analyze all the info and toss around ideas and theories.

Had Websleuths been like it is now during the Levy disappearance I would think there would have been a lively discussion about Condit and his guilt or innocence. I would also bet that many Websleuth members would have come to the conclusion that Condit did not do it.

CLICK HERE

OR

This is awesome for ws to be recognized in a positive light. We all work so hard here to try to make a difference and it just feels good to know people notice.

'ive done my sentence, but commited no crime' hehe

As a former reporter, I would have loved to have a resource like this around. The sheer number of people involved and the cases listed is pretty amazing. And it's true, you never know who's gonna have that one little piece ...

i have been a member of Websleuths since 1998.

it wasn't till Tricia took over, that this community

became what it is today. Thank-you tricia and all the mods

who have worked so hard to make it so.

Rest in Peace

Sweet Sandra Cantu

really cool
    (-;

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast