UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Thread 5

Just a note to thank all the posters for warning us about graphic or sensitive posts so that those of us that need to, can skip the post.

This is a heartbreaking crime, so needless, I just have no words.

I hope the case against the perps is STRONG and TIGHT and that the maximum sentence is handed down when the time comes.

Salem

Bringing BeanE's last post over:

'They need to pay for taking my son away,' Ethan Stacy's father says
Hometown mourns during service
Published: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 1:05 a.m. MDT

This is a three page article

Stacy recalled how his son was a quick learner.

"I could show him how to do something, he'd pick it up just like that," he told the Deseret News Tuesday. "He's just a very intelligent boy."

Stacy recalled how his son was "a great boy," how he loved to go to the playground and how most recently he had developed a strong liking for PlayStation video games.

"He'd stay glued to it all day if I let him," Stacy said.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700033363/Ethans-dad-They-need-to-pay.html

Does anyone else remember early on a neighbor at the apartment complex talking about seeing Ethan after he arrived? I recall her saying that she had seen him more than once and that he was always in his spiderman pajamas.
I'm just thinking that it could help with the timeline for when everything began to go downhill. I don't recall her saying anything about seeing bruises.

Another thing I've been thinking about is how after Ethan arrived, was N expecting him to call him daddy? Could S have told him he was never going back to Joe but instead would be staying with them and that N is now his daddy.

VB

[video=youtube;pcYRr1dk7wA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcYRr1dk7wA[/video]

WITH HOPE
This is not at all how
We thought it was supposed to be
We had so many plans for you
We had so many dreams
And now you've gone away
And left us with the memories of your smile
And nothing we can say
And nothing we can do
Can take away the pain
The pain of losing you, but ...

We can cry with hope
We can say goodbye with hope
'Cause we know our goodbye is not the end, oh no
And we can grieve with hope
'Cause we believe with hope
(There's a place by God's grace)
There's a place where we'll see your face again
We'll see your face again

And never have I known
Anything so hard to understand
And never have I questioned more
The wisdom of God's plan
But through the cloud of tears
I see the Father's smile and say well done
And I imagine you
Where you wanted most to be
Seeing all your dreams come true
'Cause now you're home
And now you're free, and ...

We have this hope as an anchor
'Cause we believe that everything
God promised us is true, so ...

We wait with hope
And we ache with hope
We hold on with hope
We let go with hope

Does anyone else remember early on a neighbor at the apartment complex talking about seeing Ethan after he arrived? I recall her saying that she had seen him more than once and that he was always in his spiderman pajamas.
I'm just thinking that it could help with the timeline for when everything began to go downhill. I don't recall her saying anything about seeing bruises.

Another thing I've been thinking about is how after Ethan arrived, was N expecting him to call him daddy? Could S have told him he was never going back to Joe but instead would be staying with them and that N is now his daddy.

VB

Here's a neighbor who saw him, but no mention of his pajamas. I remember the one who said he was wearing pajamas.

Another neighbor of the Sloops, Gary McPhie, said to KUTV he was sure he saw the boy just two days ago walking in the apartment complex. "If parents do this to a little boy, what's the world come to?" McPhie wondered.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20004781-504083.html

McPhie says he saw Ethan a couple of times with his mother.

"He was quiet. You had to talk to him. He wouldn't talk to you," says McPhie.

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/sto...ith-killing-Ethan/6Wi0Q9xJ4k2ArjyYyTjwLA.cspx

A former neighbor told the Deseret News that just days ago she saw the Sloops, including Ethan, return to Nathan Sloop's Roy house, which is now up for sale, to move more items.

"I saw that little boy carrying toys out," said Rheta Phillips, who lived next door to Nathan Sloop for about seven years

http://www.deseretnews.com/mobile/a...urbing-details-of-Ethan-Stacys-last-days.html

In the short time he'd been in Utah, Ethan had already caught the attention of his new neighbors.

"He was carrying, not heavy things, but bulky, and he was just a trooper," neighbor Karen Creasap said. "I was laughing, because it was so cute.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=10728945

Although Hope never saw Ethan, other neighbors, including the Sloops' downstairs neighbor Gary McPhee, said he'd occasionally seen the little boy wandering around by himself. Police aren't sure when the boy was killed, but McPhee said he last saw Ethan on either Saturday or Sunday.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1184767448&start=1

"I think they should get the death penalty," said Mario Valdez, whose children played with Ethan Stacy on the day he vanished. "

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-ethan-stacy-charges-pending,0,4986822.story

Wright said Ethan played with her daughter in the courtyard a couple of times.

She described him as "a cute little boy."

http://www.standard.net/topics/etha...ghbors-gather-mourn-death-4-year-old-utah-boy

I found all those but I'll be darned if I can find the one saying he had his pajamas on. I swear I saw it too.

Although Hope never saw Ethan, other neighbors, including the Sloops' downstairs neighbor Gary McPhee, said he'd occasionally seen the little boy wandering around by himself. Police aren't sure when the boy was killed, but McPhee said he last saw Ethan on either Saturday or Sunday.

The week before he was murdered, maybe.

Time-line for Ethan Stacy 4yo.

WARNING: GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING.
revision (05/18/10 - eyes4crime & wonderful fellow sleuthers)

April 28th - Wednesday
Divorce papers finalized in Florida, Ethan and mom Stephanie fly to Utah

May 4th - Tuesday
..Last time Ethan talks with dad Joe
..Posted on Face Book, the first of 17 cell phone pictures & videos mom takes of abuse over the days.
..Picture time-stamped May 4th of Ethan with large, notable, area of swelling to jaw and face.

May5th - Wednesday
..Nate's mom sees son Nate, Ethan, and Stephanie - says all is fine (specific meeting place not mentioned).
..Stephanie visits Nate's mom.
..Nate takes Ethan in bedroom to punish and beats child around head area; face begins to swell.
..Stephanie continues to complain about Ethan's behavior.
.. Ethan's father, Joe Stacy, was told his son wasn't available to talk, a trend that continues through Ethan's limited stay.

May 5th - May 8th
Ethan "exhibits signs and symptoms of a possible head injury or brain swelling due to a head injury,"

Stephanie Sloop told police Tuesday while being interviewed about her son's death: Ethan did not eat well, was vomiting, lethargic and exhibited non-responsive behavior, according to the reports.

May 6th - Thursday (wedding day)
Ethan locked in bedroom while Stephanie and Nate marry; door knob taken off. Nate and Stephanie leave child in bedroom due to swelling and bruises.

From Warrant of Probable Cause:
Over the next several days, Ethan got progressively ill, police said Stephanie Sloop told detectives. He was vomiting, running a fever and would not eat. The couple forced the boy to drink two 16 oz. bottles of water, a bottle of KoolAid and orange juice in a two-hour period, police wrote in the jail statement. (from warrant of probable cause). Motrin and Benadryl were given for the swelling and Nate gave Benadryl so Ethan would stay quiet.

Thursday, May 6 or Friday, May 7:
Neighbor recalls seeing Stephanie walking away from the apartment seemingly agitated and stopping to look back at the apartment several times. A short time later Nathan followed her, put his hands on her face in a manner leading the neighbor to believe he was asking she please listen to him.

May 7th, Friday
Three nights before Stephanie and her new husband, Nathan Sloop, reported Ethan missing, Jones said Stephanie left a series of frantic voice messages.
Related:
"She left crying, messages while she was crying, 'Ethan, he's crying. He won't stop crying. He wants his mommy. I don't know what to do. Please, please, call me. I don't know how to handle it. I don't know what to do,'" Jones said.

The final message, she now believes, may have come after Ethan died.

"It was absolutely hysterical, sobbing to where I couldn't understand what she was saying," Jones said. "if I had to look deep into my heart, yeah, I would probably have to say that Ethan probably was dead, if not close to being dead at that point. And it was her grief reaching out."

May 7th - Friday
..Stephanie, while shopping at Walmart, receives a cell phone call from Nate informing her Ethan is badly burned on hands, feet, and legs up to buttox area from running water in bath (claims Ethan turned on hot water).
..Stephanie returns to find human feces in child's mouth.
..In attempt to remove feces, Stephanie brushes Ethan's teeth until his gums bleed.

May 8th - Saturday
..Found smeared feces on bathroom wall and on Nate.
..Found feces in mouth and again brushed teeth.
..Notices Ethan's lips bleeding.
.. Blood and vomit found in child's bed.
..Stephanie needs to wash bed sheets due to blood and vomit from Ethan's mouth.

May 9th - Sunday (Mother's Day)
.. 5:00am - Stephanie makes trip to Walgreens to pick up RX.
..5:30am - Returns from store and told by Nate Ethan is dead
..Stephanie finds Ethan dead in bed - reports Ethan feels cold and stiff, and without pulse.

..Stephanie attempts CPR to no avail
...Stephanie goes to bed

Ethan is wrapped in plastic garbage bags and taped, brought to Powder Mountain area for burial. Hammer used to disfigure facial features and teeth of Ethan.
Stephanie goes on errand purchasing 2 slushies and 2 cans lighter fluid to destroy evidence.

May 10th (Monday)
..Reported that Nate and Stephanie were shopping at Best Buy for video games and to fix Play Station 3
..Ethan's father calls and talks with Nate rather than Stephanie
..11:55pm - Stephanie reports Ethan missing
...Tells police a made up story about Ethan leaving the apt. 5x over the last 4 nights.

May 11th (Tuesday)
LE finds child buried - teeth and face smashed in with hammer, lighter fluid used to destroy evidence.

Please let me know of any additions or deletions. TIA
Thanks to all of you with suggestions for additions/corrections - used every one of them.

Warrant of Probable Cause: Most of the time-line comes from Probable Cause document. Quotes, LE media leases

NATHAN
http://connect2utah.com/images/Multi...an Sloop.pdf

STEPHANIE
http://connect2utah.com/images/Multi...0C Sloop.pdf

Fellow sleuthers - please continue to let me know of updates, new information, corrections. Thanks for all your help!

[video=youtube;4n5NB8JYchQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n5NB8JYchQ[/video]

[video=youtube;xPIejtPx4bg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPIejtPx4bg[/video]

If anyone has been following the Kayleah W. thread.....a body has been found very near to where she went missing....no ID as of yet.

Originally Posted by BeanE'
They need to pay for taking my son away,' Ethan Stacy's father says
Hometown mourns during service

Stacy recalled how his son was a quick learner.
"I could show him how to do something, he'd pick it up just like that," he told the Deseret News Tuesday. "He's just a very intelligent boy."

Stacy recalled how his son was "a great boy," how he loved to go to the playground and how most recently he had developed a strong liking for PlayStation video games. He'd stay glued to it all day if I let him."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ed-to-pay.html

I'm not clear on whether or not this has been discussed, since I have taken many steps backwards to avoid all the pain of this case. For a while it was just too much for me to handle.

My question: Did NS blame Ethan for breaking Nathan's Playstation?? We know that it was broken because NS and SS went to get it repaired on the 10th. And is this why the beating and abuse of Ethan began--because Nathan was so angry over problems with his PS3?

Seems obvious Playstation was an NS obsession. Shortly after killing and burying Ethan, NS and SS headed out to Best Buy to have their Playstation repaired ... very important stuff after having murdered a 4 year old. Sorry, yes that was sarcasm.

It's probably folly to try to understand what their thought processes were, but the contradictions are driving me to distraction.

Primarily, how does the posting and keeping of such self-incriminating pics comport with the time and energy spent in the cover up?

I can think of various sick reasons (sadistic thrill, extortion, framing "Frank"...) to take photos of such obvious injuries, but why take them, and post them to facebook, and leave them on her cell for LE to see?

Even the first of the 17 shows an obvious blow to his little mouth and jaw, and LE says the pics got progressively worse.

How could she have expected no one to notice? She had friends on there, didn't she? Heck, did none of them see the pics? Have we been given the dates she posted them?

Did she expect to explain all those pics with the peanut allergy BS?

How does posting those pics - and leaving them on her cell phone for LE to see - mesh with taking at least an entire day to set up a cover story and distant burial and attempt to destroy evidence before reporting to LE?

This scenario doesn't even make sense if they were drugged out, does it? If they were still that high when they went to LE, wouldn't LE have said something about drugs being involved?

I think they are both pathological, toxic personalities, but I don't see past evidence of intellectual deficits; in fact, they appear to be very calculating. Even though they likely think the rest of the world is stupid, the posting of those pics and keeping them on the cell phone goes way beyond that kind of arrogance.

(eta: Sorry for the long, circular post; I think my head's just going to explode if these thoughts don't stop cycling in my mind. :eek: )

I wonder if NS knew SS was taking pictures-well, obviously he knew about the one we have seen. But, did he know about the others? Did he know she was posting that picture on FB? I can't figure them out either!! There is no excuse-just plain evil!!:furious:

His funeral has begun.

Prayers for Joe and all who loved and cherished this little boy. I take comfort in knowing how dearly he was loved. Rest in peace, little Ethan.

His funeral has begun.

Prayers for Joe and all who loved and cherished this little boy. I take comfort in knowing how dearly he was loved. Rest in peace, little Ethan.

Thank you Calliope.

Praying for Joe and everyone who knew and loved sweet little Ethan.

Praying for them all.

I wish that all the love and caring could bring Ethan back and make this never have happened. I'm trying to deal with my emotions... turn it to love and hope that Ethan is in a better place.

Bless you, Ethan. May your kind, innocent and wonderful soul be at peace.

28895_1483117436756_1198453058_1408269_4782377_n.jpg

30506_1415242053825_1015772169_1202385_8325495_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...iew=global&subj=116369541732606&id=1198453058

Thinking of you today Ethan, and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni