Chelsea's contradictory statements

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
I was reading back through our media thread (thank you angelwhocares!) and I saw a couple of articles where Chelsea made contradictory comments (IIRC she did ) over the past year that Haleigh has been missing.

I'm not sure if this would be the correct thread to post those though.

How about the one where she says she's a good mother, and the video where she's pregnant and smoking?

Maybe that's just my own pickyness :)

How about Chelsea stating that Ronald was a good father and he took such good care of Haleigh here: http://www.artharris.com/2009/10/05/exclusive-inside-the-haleigh-cummings-family-feud/

snip~“Even though we’re at odds now, because there’s a lot of stress in the family, I’m not going to lie about it,” Chelsea tells The Bald Truth. “I’ve never seen Ronald hit the kids. He’s a very good Dad, and he’s proved it. How often do you see a father get custody over a mother?”~ end snip

versus her statement about not being surprised if there were drugs laying all around the house here: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/23/ijvm.01.html

snip~VELEZ-MITCHELL: And now Tommy`s wife, Chelsea, confirms there were always pills lying around Misty and Ron`s trailer home. It`s actually Timmy`s wife.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CHELSEA CROSLIN, MISTY`S SISTER-IN-LAW: I believe, you know, there`s many more things to it. What happened -- what happens if Haleigh overdosed? Because there were loose pills laying around in that house. and I don`t care what anybody says. I know for a fact there was.~ end snip

very contradictory in my opinion.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3475674&highlight=chelsea#post3475674

Back in March of 2009 Chelsea comments that she thinks that someone staying at her home had to have taken the van the night that Haleigh went missing. Fair enough, we have since learned who was staying at her house. But this was back in March of 2009. Before MC wrote any letters implicating that relative. After reading a post by Elle this morning I thought to myself could this be the genisis of JO cover story? KWIM?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3477795&highlight=chelsea#post3477795

The van had a scratch and a broken headlight (hadn't heard about the headlight) here again she states she almost knows who did this (took the van and who might be involved in Haleigh's disappearance). This was March of 2009.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4135144&highlight=chelsea#post4135144
September 2009

snip:
..."Honestly I think Misty knows something she's not telling. I just don't know what it is. It could be something stupid. Maybe she wasn't home, so be it, but you didn't kill the child."

Should know a lot better than to look at the choice of words that the two families use in expressing themselves and finding anything particular about them but the word above "KILL" caught my eye. Only because I read the next article.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4135319&highlight=chelsea#post4135319

In this article she changes the word of Kill to stating stolen. Not a big deal but I thought it interesting.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4148239&highlight=chelsea#post4148239

snip:
...Chelsea Croslin also spoke to us awhile about why she believes Misty has nothing to do with Haleigh’s disappearance.

April of 2010

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5070476&highlight=chelsea#post5070476

...Misty Croslin told the same story in letters to her father and a sister-in-law in Massachusetts.

Chelsea Croslin, said she and her husband got a letter about two months ago from Misty that details the same set of events.

Misty's father, Hank Croslin Sr., said he got a similar letter but tore it up and threw it away.

Thursday, Chelsea Croslin said she did not want to provide a copy of the letter for fear of retaliation. Chelsea said her sister-in-law was terrified of Overstreet so didn't tell authorities what happened that night.

She said she has been urging the Sheriff's Office to search the area off Shell Harbour Road since shortly after Haleigh disappeared. She said that was one of the few areas Overstreet was familiar with when he visited.

From Feb. of 2009 to April of 2010 Chelsea has been pretty much insisting that JO did something from what I take away yes? But MC didn't initially. I have to wonder if the story came from CC? Just a thought.

Just another statement by CC.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5072842&highlight=chelsea#post5072842

I'm sorry I have to go lay down for a bit. (a bit under the weather today) I think that her statements when looked at (including her videos and her NG appearance) are making me evaluate how much she has to do with the JO story? Did she really tell LE to search the dock area for that long?

I'm not saying she had anything to do with Haleigh missing directly. What I'm saying is she seems to be very vocal very early on about the JO scenario. KWIM?

Excellent post Kat.....please feel better soon!!:blowkiss:

Personally I think both sister-in-laws knows what happened, at least part of it. Who was Misty talking to in jail, when she was saying - "it's gonna hurt two people???" I can't remember if it was Lindsey or Chelsea.

Personally I think both sister-in-laws knows what happened, at least part of it. Who was Misty talking to in jail, when she was saying - "it's gonna hurt two people???" I can't remember if it was Lindsey or Chelsea.

It was Chelsea and I think she meant Tommy and Joe, one person they care about and the other....well not so much.

It was Chelsea and I think she meant Tommy and Joe, one person they care about and the other....well not so much.

I thought it was Chelsea..I just wasn't sure.

But remember the part when Misty says "It'll hurt two people" One person they care about and the other not so much?? Chelsea comments on how she doesn't give a damn about Ron. Misty said something about it not being Ron and Chelsea seemed confused when she said "It's not him?" When Misty told her to "think"...I think she was guiding Chelsea back toward the Tommy and Jo story.

JMO though

This may be OT but I always thought she meant both of Haleigh's biological grandmother's... TN and MG? simply because there are SOO many Crosilns in the group why would she only pick just two?

This may be OT but I always thought she meant both of Haleigh's biological grandmother's... TN and MG? simply because there are SOO many Crosilns in the group why would she only pick just two?

Why would Chelsea care if it hurt those two peeps though? Chelsea asked if it was people they cared about and Misty said yeah, well one. I don't think any of them would have been hurt by those two choices. JMO

I do agree that there has been a shift towards the 'Tommy and Joe' story since the arrests from the drug sting -- it was given new life as the only out. In the Misty and Ron story if Misty spills then Ron takes her down with him.

Joe had been floated as the perp a few times over the last year or so but only as a feeble distraction when the heat was on Misty. If Misty was pointing at Joe back then why not support it with some verifiable details since she was already accusing Joe and risking a backlash. Get him locked up then ... if true!! Why now?

It never did fly but it has become a campaign today that even the Defense attorney's have jumped on, as a way out to minimize their clients role. Fields not so much.

Chelsea's contradictory statements do lead me to believe that she may have fabricated this story and Misty only went along with it half heartedly originally but .... being in jail she wanted to run with it now to try to get out. Chelsea was confused that Misty was back on the Joe did it and had expected Ron to go down. There is a LOT of loyalty among the sisters in law (SILs) since the guys are struggling.

Well which is it Chelsea?

If Chelsea has suspected Joe all this time, why in the world would she be confused as to WHO the two people were that Misty was referring to?

I'm thinking the confusion might be as to which story Misty planned to run with at that particular time.

Thanks, kat. Good topic. I hope you're feeling better soon.

I've been puzzled with what Chelsea's said over time, too, particularly when she visited Misty in jail and they had the "two people getting hurt" conversation, and Chelsea NOT thinking of Joe, but Ronald instead. If Joe was THE ONE, why the confusion? Why did Chelsea have to be told to "think" when Chelsea had already thrown out the damaged van story blaming it on her visitor?

Obviously, LE has their hands full with this crowd. I don't envy them.

Everyone has rallied 'round and decided Joe is the one who needs to be under the bus. He's the expendable family member. Even their grandmother, who's willing to throw three grandchildren to the wolves, chose him to be the main target. Is there a fourth grandchild involved and perhaps a granddaughter-in-law or two? Such family loyalty. Ma Barker would be impressed. :rolleyes:

Thanks, kat. Good topic. I hope you're feeling better soon.

I've been puzzled with what Chelsea's said over time, too, particularly when she visited Misty in jail and they had the "two people getting hurt" conversation, and Chelsea NOT thinking of Joe, but Ronald instead. If Joe was THE ONE, why the confusion? Why did Chelsea have to be told to "think" when Chelsea had already thrown out the damaged van story blaming it on her visitor?

Everyone has rallied 'round and decided Joe is the one who needs to be under the bus. He's the expendable family member. Even their grandmother, who's willing to throw three grandchildren to the wolves, chose him to be the main target. Is there a fourth grandchild involved and perhaps a granddaughter-in-law or two? Such family loyalty. Ma Barker would be impressed. :rolleyes:

Whoa, even Ma Barker stood between her boys and the law. Went down in a blaze of glory protecting ol' Fred. Can't say as I'd see Flo taking a head shot for one of her children or grandchildren.

How about the one where she says she's a good mother, and the video where she's pregnant and smoking?

jeez debs. high bar and all.

goodness is relative in this family. I guess. :doh:

Everyone has rallied 'round and decided Joe is the one who needs to be under the bus. He's the expendable family member. Even their grandmother, who's willing to throw three grandchildren to the wolves, chose him to be the main target. Is there a fourth grandchild involved and perhaps a granddaughter-in-law or two? Such family loyalty. Ma Barker would be impressed. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Love your Ma Barker comment; so fitting! Lol

I thought the same thing Debs so guess that makes me "picky" too. Course, according to the Croslin's standards, they probably see nicotine as harmless compared to crack - just sayin... :crazy:

Chelsea said the van was not where she had parked it and the keys were not in the usual place on the counter. She hinted initially at Joe having taken the van but later implies this even more strongly when she says Timmy was home in bed knocked out on pain pills and the only other person who could have driven the van is Joe. While it's not exactly a contradiction, her tweaking the story slightly each time she told it showed she had an agenda, imo. While it is possible Joe did take the van, it is just as possible, imo, that Timmy took the van. Or that both Timmy and Joe left in the van.

Chelsea has a tattoo of Haleigh on her foot now, apparently, and claims to love Haleigh on her MySpace page. Yet, when she received the initial phone call at 4 AM about Haleigh being missing, she rolled over and went back to sleep for a couple hours. She claimed this was because her kids hide on her all the time so she thought Haleigh was just hiding. Yeah, right--at 4 in the morning the child is playing hide and seek! It seems to me that if a person loves a child and gets news in the wee hours of the morning that the child is missing, they would not just roll over and go back to sleep. While not contradictory by statement, Chelsea is contradictory by her actions here.

I believe CC is now pretending to be scared of JO because that fits in with the current fear story that is being told. And the JO story in general is being told because those in jail feel pressured to say something and, in order to save themselves, they have to point at someone else. They want an out, and the whole family may consider JO collateral damage, imo.

Chelsea said the van was not where she had parked it and the keys were not in the usual place on the counter. She hinted initially at Joe having taken the van but later implies this even more strongly when she says Timmy was home in bed knocked out on pain pills and the only other person who could have driven the van is Joe. While it's not exactly a contradiction, her tweaking the story slightly each time she told it showed she had an agenda, imo. While it is possible Joe did take the van, it is just as possible, imo, that Timmy took the van. Or that both Timmy and Joe left in the van.

Chelsea has a tattoo of Haleigh on her foot now, apparently, and claims to love Haleigh on her MySpace page. Yet, when she received the initial phone call at 4 AM about Haleigh being missing, she rolled over and went back to sleep for a couple hours. She claimed this was because her kids hide on her all the time so she thought Haleigh was just hiding. Yeah, right--at 4 in the morning the child is playing hide and seek! It seems to me that if a person loves a child and gets news in the wee hours of the morning that the child is missing, they would not just roll over and go back to sleep. While not contradictory by statement, Chelsea is contradictory by her actions here.

I believe CC is now pretending to be scared of JO because that fits in with the current fear story that is being told. And the JO story in general is being told because those in jail feel pressured to say something and, in order to save themselves, they have to point at someone else. They want an out, and the whole family may consider JO collateral damage, imo.
The first time I saw Misty on tv talking about Joe, IMO, she seemed relieved that she had found an out. That was my exact impression.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back