Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 6 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Progress made in Venus Stewart disappearance, Michigan State Police say
By Kathy Jessup | Kalamazoo Gazette
May 20, 2010, 12:33AM
WHITE PIGEON — Michigan State Police officials say “progress is being made” in the investigation of the April 26 disappearance of a 32-year-old Colon mother.

But Lt. Mike Risko, post commander of MSP’s White Pigeon operation, is remaining mum on specifically how the case is advancing.
Venus Stewart mugCourtesy PhotoVenus Stewart
No arrests have been made in the case and officials say there’s still no trace of Venus Rose Stewart who vanished from her parents’ home in the 55000 block of Driftwood Drive in Colon Township.
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/progress_made_in_venus_stewart.html

SuzyQ said:
This isn't a court of law. It's a court of opinion. And my opinion is he's a poi and the most likely suspect at the moment. Crossing the bridge about worrying about what poor DS is gonna go through IF he is cleared is my last concern. I'm more worried for the victim at this point.

I know but that wasn't my point. You said, "Nobody here jumped to the conclusion that DS was responsible any faster than LE did."

Since there are some here who clearly DO feel he is responsible, I was wondering when LE said so. That's all.

Regardless of what those test results ultimately show, McComb says he believes his daughter is alive, and he says he knows where she is, or at least who has her.

“
Like to have Doug Stewart cut her loose and hopefully minimize his loses,” said McComb, “just throw himself on the mercy of the courts.”

Newschannel 3 has repeatedly tried to contact Doug Stewart or his attorney without success, but Stewart did called Newschannel 3 recently to say he's got nothing to do with his wife's disappearance. Stewart also directed us to court documents suggesting Venus was the abusive one in the relationship.

McComb says that was upsetting to watch.

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/margin-1376750-bottom-mich.html

Snipped from the article in Spams post above:

Meanwhile, Risko said Wednesday that detectives are still awaiting the results on forensic evidence obtained from vehicles owned by the woman’s estranged husband, Douglas Stewart

Her poor dad, it just makes no sense. Where on earth does he think DS is keeping her all this time...

Bad reporting? Mail doesn't deliver that early, and I don't see them leaving mail to sit 2-3 days in the box.

Yes, that's what I'm saying...
No report that has come out has been without some bad reporting...

I know but that wasn't my point. You said, "Nobody here jumped to the conclusion that DS was responsible any faster than LE did."

Since there are some here who clearly DO feel he is responsible, I was wondering when LE said so. That's all.

I don't think they have said he is responsible...but they named him a POI and are investigating him. With good reason...like I said before, they found stuff in his truck and car. Why would he NOT be a POI?

Well, to be fair, LE named him a POI at least as early as 4/28, per an article I looked up yesterday and I don't know if they had searched his vehicles as yet by that date...I thought it was in May...

Well, to be fair, LE named him a POI at least as early as 4/28, per an article I looked up yesterday and I don't know if they had searched his vehicles as yet by that date...I thought it was in May...
I'm sorry, I didn't state that quite right...I meant they are investigating him for good reason. Because they found stuff in his car/truck.
I realize he was named a POI pretty much from the beginning.

Doug goes to court asking for custody of his kids and Venus resurfaces? I can see it happening.

Ok, I'm gonna hit the hay.

In my heart I hope VS's dad is right, that she is alive, no matter what the situation is.
A live mother of 2 is much better than a deceased mother of 2.

But, in my head, I think she's gone. And I think DS either did it, or had someone else do it.

JMO - I may be wrong, but that's my opinion as of right now. Until I hear something else from LE pointing to another direction.

I will say an extra prayer for VS tonight and everyone who loves her. Esp her mother, father, and daughters.

Goodnight y'all.

I keep up with this thread and find it always so interesting. I'm wondering what's going on tonight. Seems there is such glee in garnering some info that may prove one is right, rather than to garner information that we are now closer to finding Venus. This isn't a contest with a prize, the prize is finding Venus alive - right? We tend to support the way LE are geared - but those with defense attorney hats on - wondering why the glee in thinking Venus' dad can be nailed and others shown to be wrong. WTH moo

I don't think they have said he is responsible...but they named him a POI and are investigating him. With good reason...like I said before, they found stuff in his truck and car. Why would he NOT be a POI?

No reason for him not to be, just commenting on her statement that people here haven't come to the conclusion he's responsible any faster than police did. I've not seen where police have said that. But then I may well have missed that.

Doug goes to court asking for custody of his kids and Venus resurfaces? I can see it happening.

That was a bit disturbing to hear.

JMO here. I think DS's attorney had him do so on the chance that if Venus is in hiding somewhere, this would flush her out. And to show the court he is still holding up his end of parental responsibilities to his children, regardless (same reason he still at least attempts to speak to them, as the court apparently ordered). I don't think they expect he'd win custody right now. If he's cleared, then probably so.

The very best outcome in the world would be that Venus is alive and well and comes home. All the divorce/custody/RO's can be sorted out. IF Venus is alive. That is THE most important thing right now. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth