Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 564

Thread: MI - Venus Rose Stewart, 32, Colon, Abducted 28 April 2010 - #6

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    27,774
    just to close the loop on the O/T discussion of the Beresford-Redmond case that has a similar custodial issue:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100524/...roducer_s_wife

    The Attorney General in Cancun has been unable to locate the producer to question him regarding his wife's death. Beresford-Redmond is back in LA to attempt to regain his children, but the AG says the evidence is being turned over to a judge if the go ahead is given, the suspect will be located and arrested and extradited...
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:


  3. #152
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    115
    http://www.dailypress.com/news/crime...,5491339.story


    Dont know if this was added or not, but it's an article from my local paper.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmlegend99 For This Useful Post:


  5. #153
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    According to Doug's own filings for custody, he did not speak to the children after April 23. No one stopped him from speaking to them...that's just the date he gave as the last time he talked to them before Venus went missing.

    He also claims that after April 27, Venus' family quit letting him talk to the children.
    That's pretty significant, if you ask me.

    April 23, 2010: Doug speaks to his children

    April 24, 2010: Doug doesn't speak to children. (Does Doug become enraged because his phone call goes unanswered; When the old caller ID "don't answer the phone, it's HIM" trick is implemented?)

    April 25, 2010: Doug doesn't speak to children; gloves, tarp, hat and shovel purchased at Walmart

    April 26, 2010: Doug doesn't speak to children; Venus disappears

    WHY DIDN'T DOUG CALL HIS GIRLS on April 26, 2010, the day Venus disappeared? Or did he call and his phone calls were screened using caller ID?
    Last edited by PickieChickie; 05-24-2010 at 10:05 AM.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:


  7. #154
    April 19 - Venus is granted full legal and physical custody. Doug is granted only phone calls.

    April 19 - 23 - Doug talks to both children.

    April 24 - Doug talks only to 3yo daughter. Why didn't he speak w/5yo?

    April 25 - Doug talks only to 3yo daughter. Why didn't he speak w/5yo? Gloves, tarp, hat, shovel purchased.

    April 26 - Venus abducted & disappears. Doug doesn't call to speak to either child - why not? Doug subsequently refuses to tell grandparents if he worked this day.

    April 27 - Doug calls to speak to children (Grandparents refuse because Venus has been abducted & they think Doug did it.).

    Date? - Doug files for phone calls, joint legal custody & physical custody.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

    kai

  9. #155
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario but a trucker so everywhere.
    Posts
    14,947
    Quote Originally Posted by PickieChickie View Post
    That's pretty significant, if you ask me.

    April 23, 2010: Doug speaks to his children

    April 24, 2010: Doug doesn't speak to children. (Does Doug become enraged because his phone call goes unanswered; When the old caller ID "don't answer the phone, it's HIM" trick is implemented?)

    April 25, 2010: Doug doesn't speak to children; gloves, tarp, hat and shovel purchased at Walmart

    April 26, 2010: Doug doesn't speak to children; Venus disappears

    WHY DIDN'T DOUG CALL HIS GIRLS on April 26, 2010, the day Venus disappeared? Or did he call and his phone calls were screened using caller ID?
    The April 24 & 25 dates. Doug does talk to the 3 year old.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:


  11.  
     
  12. #156
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Home of Heroes
    Posts
    1,739
    Just for the record, I just called the PO in Colon, MI. I spoke to a delightful woman, Lxxxxx, who told me that the mail is delivered later in the afternoon on Driftwood Drive.
    http://michigan.hometownlocator.com/...556,cf,149.cfm

  13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to spamelope For This Useful Post:


  14. #157
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Posts
    14,462
    wow spame, great sleuthing!

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:


  16. #158
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Home of Heroes
    Posts
    1,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
    wow spame, great sleuthing!
    lol Thank you, Beyond Belief. I felt pretty self conscious at first but the lady was really the sweetest person ever, and we ended up discussing the weather,(BLIZZARD HERE IN WY!!) and gardening. LOL
    So at first the story was that V was mailing a letter, and now it is that she was checking the mail. I think most people probably check the mail the day it is delivered, especially if they're expecting something important enough.
    http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime...ed-to-Michigan
    Last edited by spamelope; 05-24-2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: adding link

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spamelope For This Useful Post:


  18. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by spamelope View Post
    lol Thank you, Beyond Belief. I felt pretty self conscious at first but the lady was really the sweetest person ever, and we ended up discussing the weather,(BLIZZARD HERE IN WY!!) and gardening. LOL
    So at first the story was that V was mailing a letter, and now it is that she was checking the mail. I think most people probably check the mail the day it is delivered, especially if they're expecting something important enough.
    http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime...ed-to-Michigan
    I agree that most people likely check their mail the day of delivery. It was a reporter who used the word 'retrieving' the mail in that one article. I haven't seen that anywhere else, have you?

    ETA: Well how odd. Here's an article from way back on May 6 with another reporter saying she was 'getting' the mail at 7:30am.:
    http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local...s-Stewart-case

    This is the article I was referring to above where the reporter says 'went to retrieve'. Article is May 20:
    http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...s_stewart.html
    Last edited by BeanE; 05-24-2010 at 02:02 PM.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:


  20. #160
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by spamelope View Post
    Just for the record, I just called the PO in Colon, MI. I spoke to a delightful woman, Lxxxxx, who told me that the mail is delivered later in the afternoon on Driftwood Drive.
    http://michigan.hometownlocator.com/...556,cf,149.cfm
    The next question would be:

    Is Venus allowed to smoke in the house? If not, does the abductor wait, knowing full well she will come outside to smoke?

    Or, was the abductor promised by the five-year-old that mommy would mail him a picture she drew or letter she wrote that morning?

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:


  22. #161
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    I agree that most people likely check their mail the day of delivery. It was a reporter who used the word 'retrieving' the mail in that one article. I haven't seen that anywhere else, have you?

    ETA: Well how odd. Here's an article from way back on May 6 with another reporter saying she was 'getting' the mail at 7:30am.:
    http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local...s-Stewart-case

    This is the article I was referring to above where the reporter says 'went to retrieve'. Article is May 20:
    http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...s_stewart.html
    Because these reporters aren't paying as close attention as we are due to having so many articles to write, apparently they didn't pay close enough attention when Venus's father stated he believed Venus went to mail a letter.

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:


  24. #162
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    27,774
    I frequently retrieve my mail the next day on the way back from the bus stop. Just sayin.

    i am holding onto her texting or speaking to someone on her cell phone hence the LE description of 7:10AM etc....
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:


  26. #163
    Is the 5 year old in kindergarten? I wonder if, since DS didn't speak with her on April 24 or 25, if he indeed is the abductor, if he was waiting for her to come out, or her and Venus to come out, to go to school.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:


  28. #164
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    27,774
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    Is the 5 year old in kindergarten? I wonder if, since DS didn't speak with her on April 24 or 25, if he indeed is the abductor, if he was waiting for her to come out, or her and Venus to come out, to go to school.
    Someone should be able to verify whether or not she is in school. I am leaning to not...only because we are not seeing the expected anecdotal interviews from other mothers she would have come in contact with yada yada...
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:


  30. #165
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    Is the 5 year old in kindergarten? I wonder if, since DS didn't speak with her on April 24 or 25, if he indeed is the abductor, if he was waiting for her to come out, or her and Venus to come out, to go to school.
    Maybe a local can quickly call the school district transportation department to learn what time a kindergartner would be picked up on that street.

    In California, an adult has to wait at the bus stop with the child and has to be present when the child is dropped off or the bus driver is not allowed to drop off the child.

    If the school bus does have a route near Venus's house, where would the bus stop be and is a parent required to be present when the child is waiting for the bus?

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:


  32.  
     
  33. #166
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by PickieChickie View Post
    Maybe a local can quickly call the school district transportation department to learn what time a kindergartner would be picked up on that street.
    I hope the school district doesn't share that info over the phone with just anyone.

  34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thesaint For This Useful Post:


  35. #167
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,238
    did doug have supervised visits ?

    I know with my years of foster parenting, phone calls had to be supervised and visits
    My friend that has custody of her great grandkids, the papers state supervised phone calls supervised visits,

    I either had to put it on speaker phone or listen on the extension. and end the call if it got inappropriate

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RJA00 For This Useful Post:


  37. #168
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario but a trucker so everywhere.
    Posts
    14,947

  38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:


  39. #169
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Home of Heroes
    Posts
    1,739
    Missing woman Venus Stewart's estranged husband seeks custody of daughters
    By Kathy Jessup | Kalamazoo Gazette
    May 24, 2010, 10:32PM
    CENTREVILLE — The St. Joseph County Department of Human Services has initiated action to take control of custody of the two young daughters of Venus Stewart, the Colon woman who has been missing since April 26.
    venus stewart and husband Douglas stewart comboCourtesy photosVenus Stewart and estranged husband Douglas Stewart

    Larry McComb, Stewart’s father, said Monday that he expects the court will appoint he and his wife, Therese, to continue caring for the girls, ages 5 and 3.

    But McComb said they won’t return to the couple’s rural Colon Township home until after high fencing, security cameras and guard dogs are in place.

    In addition, McComb said the couple also plans to secure permits to carry concealed weapons, all in response to what McComb said are their fears that Stewart’s estranged husband, Douglas Stewart, could attempt to take the girls.

    Douglas Stewart has been named by law enforcement authorities as the “only person of interest” in the disappearance of Venus Stewart.

    He has not been arrested or charged or charged with a crime. Douglas Stewart declined to comment when contacted Monday.

    Terry Evans, St. Joseph County Juvenile Court director, said a hearing has been scheduled for Friday on a child neglect petition filed by St. Joseph County Child Protective Services.
    SBM
    http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...tewarts_e.html

  40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spamelope For This Useful Post:


  41. #170
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario but a trucker so everywhere.
    Posts
    14,947
    St. Joseph County Prosecutor John McDonough said he will represent DHS Child Protective Services at the hearing on Friday.

    McDonough said Monday that he will recommend Douglas Stewart not be granted custody of the two girls “for pretty obvious reasons.”


    http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...tewarts_e.html

  42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:


  43. #171
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario but a trucker so everywhere.
    Posts
    14,947
    Larry McComb, Stewart’s father, said Monday that he expects the court will appoint he and his wife, Therese, to continue caring for the girls, ages 5 and 3.

    But McComb said they won’t return to the couple’s rural Colon Township home until after high fencing, security cameras and guard dogs are in place.



  44. The Following User Says Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:


  45. #172
    pufnstuf's Avatar
    pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Evil forest
    Posts
    3,329
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    April 19 - Venus is granted full legal and physical custody. Doug is granted only phone calls.

    April 19 - 23 - Doug talks to both children.

    April 24 - Doug talks only to 3yo daughter. Why didn't he speak w/5yo?

    April 25 - Doug talks only to 3yo daughter. Why didn't he speak w/5yo?
    Gloves, tarp, hat, shovel purchased.

    April 26 - Venus abducted & disappears. Doug doesn't call to speak to either child - why not? Doug subsequently refuses to tell grandparents if he worked this day.

    April 27 - Doug calls to speak to children (Grandparents refuse because Venus has been abducted & they think Doug did it.).

    Date? - Doug files for phone calls, joint legal custody & physical custody.
    I don't think that we know that he spoke with R on those dates bolded above. That isn't stated in the papers.

    There's just no way to know when he last spoke to R. We do know, though, that the last date he spoke to B was on the 23.

    It's possible that he didn't speak to the three-year-old on every call. Just no way to know. We haven't seen, in total, the papers filed by him.

  46. The Following User Says Thank You to pufnstuf For This Useful Post:


  47. #173
    pufnstuf's Avatar
    pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Evil forest
    Posts
    3,329
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    The April 24 & 25 dates. Doug does talk to the 3 year old.
    I've seen nothing stating such. Just that the last time that he talked to the five-year-old was the 23rd.

  48. The Following User Says Thank You to pufnstuf For This Useful Post:


  49. #174
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario but a trucker so everywhere.
    Posts
    14,947
    Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    I've seen nothing stating such. Just that the last time that he talked to the five-year-old was the 23rd.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    April 19 - Venus is granted full legal and physical custody. Doug is granted only phone calls.

    April 19 - 23 - Doug talks to both children.

    April 24 - Doug talks only to 3yo daughter. Why didn't he speak w/5yo?

    April 25 - Doug talks only to 3yo daughter. Why didn't he speak w/5yo? Gloves, tarp, hat, shovel purchased.

    April 26 - Venus abducted & disappears. Doug doesn't call to speak to either child - why not? Doug subsequently refuses to tell grandparents if he worked this day.

    April 27 - Doug calls to speak to children (Grandparents refuse because Venus has been abducted & they think Doug did it.).

    Date? - Doug files for phone calls, joint legal custody & physical custody.
    This will have to do for now.

  50. #175
    pufnstuf's Avatar
    pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Evil forest
    Posts
    3,329
    Quote Originally Posted by PickieChickie View Post
    Maybe a local can quickly call the school district transportation department to learn what time a kindergartner would be picked up on that street.

    In California, an adult has to wait at the bus stop with the child and has to be present when the child is dropped off or the bus driver is not allowed to drop off the child.

    If the school bus does have a route near Venus's house, where would the bus stop be and is a parent required to be present when the child is waiting for the bus?
    I don't think that B was enrolled in kindergarten in Michigan. She was in preschool in Virginia, so maybe she didn't meet the cut-off age in Michigan--must be five by December 1, I think.

    Plus, considering all that was going on, even if B was old enough to attend kindergarten, Venus may have kept her home (out of kindergarten altogether) for safety purposes, afraid that Doug would attempt to take the child from school. I know I would have, in similar circumstances.

  51. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pufnstuf For This Useful Post:


Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
 
 

Similar Threads

  1. MI MI - Venus Rose Stewart, 32, Colon, Abducted 28 April 2010 - #8
    By Salem in forum Missing but not forgotten Discussion
    Replies: 508
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 09:45 PM
  2. MI MI - Venus Rose Stewart, 32, Colon, Abducted 28 April 2010 - #5
    By Cubby in forum Missing but not forgotten Discussion
    Replies: 533
    Last Post: 05-20-2010, 12:46 AM
  3. MI MI - Venus Rose Stewart, 32, Colon, Abducted 28 April 2010 - #4
    By Cubby in forum Missing but not forgotten Discussion
    Replies: 547
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 09:00 AM
  4. MI MI - Venus Rose Stewart, 32, Colon, Abducted 28 April 2010 - #3
    By Cubby in forum Missing but not forgotten Discussion
    Replies: 498
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 06:48 PM
  5. MI MI - Venus Rose Stewart, 32, Colon, Abducted 28 April 2010 - #2
    By Salem in forum Missing but not forgotten Discussion
    Replies: 636
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 06:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •