Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    Do you have a link saying you are not the one to blame???
    Just kidding. I know it's not your fault.

Her Dad's story has took a 180 degree turn since last week.

That's why this new story is hard for me to believe.
    I wuz in Wyoming. It's not clickable though.
    I chose not to believe anything LM says. Period. There's no evidence VS was ever hurt. No such thing as a slipperprint.

Quote Originally Posted by spamelope View Post
    I wuz in Wyoming. It's not clickable though.
    I chose not to believe anything LM says. Period. There's no evidence VS was ever hurt. No such thing as a slipperprint.
    I'd like to know how fingerprinting turned up a slipperprint. Anyone more knowledgeable about forensics that can explain that to me? I thought fingerprinting was possible due to oils left behind.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

Family members believe Venus Stewart was abducted between 7:10 and 8:30 a.m. on April 26 as she went to retrieve mail in front of the house, clad in pajamas.

Guess LE doesn't believe it any more?

Just plopping the latest news articles in while I do my morning news check.

In missing woman case, Michigan police to test Newport News man's truck
    Woman's estranged husband from Newport News is "person of interest."
    9:10 a.m. EDT, May 22, 2010

Once the Dodge pickup is in Michigan, Risko said, an analysis will be conducted to determine if the truck left the tread marks. "We actually have to have the tires here," to do the testing, he said.

Police were still awaiting laboratory results on a substance found in the pick-up truck that appeared to be blood, Risko said. The substance was found on one of the truck's doors.

snip

According to records filed in Newport News Circuit Court, Venus Stewart had her divorce lawyer's paralegal listen and transcribe an audio recording in which Douglas Stewart told her that one option he had in dealing with her was to "get his father's .357."

The paralegal transcribed the recording and "told her to put it in a safe place," according to an affidavit filed in Newport News Circuit Court by Michigan State Trooper Aaron Steensma.

Douglas Stewart lost custody of his two children at a hearing in Michigan on April 19, with Venus Stewart's parents telling police that he was "very upset" about that outcome, the affidavit said. Venus Stewart had a protective order taken out on her husband, the affidavit said.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/crime...,5491339.story

Michigan police to test Newport News man's truck
    Woman's estranged husband from Newport News is "person of interest."
    May 21, 2010

NEWPORT NEWS — Michigan State Police are making plans to transport a pickup truck from Newport News to Michigan as part of an investigation into a woman's disappearance last month.

http://articles.dailypress.com/2010-...n-state-police

Most recent news articles prior to the above:

Custody Hearing On Monday
    WKZO - Posted Friday May 21, 2010 1 day, 23 hours ago:
    http://www.wkzo.com/news/articles/20...earing-monday/

Estranged husband of missing mother fights for the kids
    WWMT - May 20, 2010 6:02 PM
    http://www.wwmt.com/articles/margin-...estranged.html

Progress made in Venus Stewart disappearance, Michigan State Police say
    Kalamazoo Gazette - mlive - May 20, 2010, 12:33AM
    http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...s_stewart.html

Venus' estranged husband wants custody
    WOODTV8 — May 20, 2010 - Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U5j-qkmf64
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 10:40 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Dear Posters:

This thread and case has been problematic and caused a lot of extra work for the moderators.

It is your responsibility to know and follow TOS.

We are going to be very vigilant about enforcing TOS on this thread.

I want to mention off-topic posts in particular: this thread is not going to veer off into discussions about domestic violence in general or your own experiences of domestic violence. If you want to discuss those topics, please to to the Jury Room.

Of course, all other TOS apply equally to this thread.

Thank you for your participation at WS,

Hoppyfrog
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hoppyfrog For This Useful Post:

Venus Stewart's estranged husband is attempting to gain custody of the couple's children, despite being named the only "person of interest" in the case of his wife's disappearance

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

I am guessing his lawyer told him to go ahead and file for custody; it would seem stranger if he did not, as if he were expecting to be arrested soon. From a defense standpoint that is...I doubt any judge is going to make any changes while Venus is still missing, unless all evidence comes back in a way that cannot be tied to DS, which. seems unlikely. If he is not charged, he may very well end up with custody. JMO
    Just my opinion, of course.

New Facebook group called "Abducted Venus Rose Stewart Case Discussion": http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...7673155&ref=ts

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:

By Peter Dujardin

NEWPORT NEWS — Michigan State Police are making plans to transport a pickup truck from Newport News to Michigan as part of an investigation into a woman's disappearance last month.

According to records filed in Newport News Circuit Court, Venus Stewart had her divorce lawyer's paralegal listen and transcribe an audio recording in which Douglas Stewart told her that one option he had in dealing with her was to "get his father's .357."

CONTINUED AT SOURCE: http://www.dailypress.com/news/crime...,5491339.story
    Last edited by PickieChickie; 05-23-2010 at 03:02 PM.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PickieChickie View Post

By Peter Dujardin

IIRC, some were speculating that there was a recording or more than one involved in this case. IIRC there was speculation that it might show something that would favor DS.

Not so much, at least with this recording.

What an ugly mess. Venus, where are you girl??? Ditto ******...this case makes me sad.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    IIRC, some were speculating that there was a recording or more than one involved in this case. IIRC there was speculation that it might show something that would favor DS.

Not so much, at least with this recording.

What an ugly mess. Venus, where are you girl??? Ditto ******...this case makes me sad.
    No wonder Venus was awarded custody of the girls! I hope the original recording is still available, that the attorney kept it for her.

This will NOT look good if the judge who is hearing Doug's petition for custody of the girls is aware of it. I certainly hope someone brings this to his/her attention.

It will be VERY interesting to learn how the judge rules.

Also, did you know the girls have been in hiding since Venus disappeared?

By Peter Dujardin

I'm assuming a 357 is a gun of some kind? And if so, LE have in Doug's own voice a threat on the life of Venus and exactly how he would carry out that threat. Yikes - what a monster!
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

They haven't tested the truck yet? What on earth is taking so long...I thought we would hear results this week...it sounds like truck is still in Virginia. I don't understand the delays. Sounds like they don't think there is a chance of finding Venus alive to me, of they would be moving much faster.
    Just my opinion, of course.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    They haven't tested the truck yet? What on earth is taking so long...I thought we would hear results this week...it sounds like truck is still in Virginia. I don't understand the delays. Sounds like they don't think there is a chance of finding Venus alive to me, of they would be moving much faster.
    They had to flat bed the truck up to MI. I would bet my life it has been there a while already and is being processed and processed and processed...
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

No wonder Venus was awarded custody of the girls! I hope the original recording is still available, that the attorney kept it for her.

This will NOT look good if the judge who is hearing Doug's petition for custody of the girls is aware of it. I certainly hope someone brings this to his/her attention.

It will be VERY interesting to learn how the judge rules.

Also, did you know the girls have been in hiding since Venus disappeared?
    The girls are in hiding?? I would believe they are being protected from being snatched, for sure, but hiding...hmmmm. wow. Who are they being hidden from?
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

26. The Following User Says Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast