GUILTY PA - Kayla Taschler, 11 mos, starved to death, Palmerton, 20 Jan 2010

coopzoo

Whoever is trying to bring you down is already bel
Reaction score
http://www.wnep.com/news/countybycounty/wnep-carb-taschlers-cahrged-baby-death,0,5904418.story

Picture of this beautiful baby at link...and video of the "parents." :(

Snipped:
Troopers said on the night she died, Kayla was strapped into a car seat and left unattended for 16 hours while her mother and father smoked pot.

Court papers detail what the autopsy showed, including evidence of wasting with extensive loss of weight and muscle mass and severe signs of dehydration. The child was not properly provided fluids and nutrition which lead to her death. She was exposed to prolonged exposure to moisture and bodily wastes. Kayla, wasn't changed regularly, according to the court documents.

:furious::furious::furious:

That poor baby has such a tragic look on her face. She clearly knew no peace in her little life. Why do these people just keep having all of these kids they don't want? I just don't get it. How can you watch your own child wasting away and not at least give it to someone else to care for. What kind of animal does that take?

Kimberly and Jacob Taschler of Palmerton had nothing to say as they were led off to jail in Weatherly. The judge in case called the death of infant Kayla Taschler tragic.

snip

Defense lawyer Steve Vlossak said he will fight the high bail set by the Judge and said although the parents turned themselves in, the arrests have taken a toll.

"I think you saw when they left, they've been devastated," Vlossak said. When asked if his clients were guilty he replied, "Like I told you I have nothing to say about the complaint itself."

BBM - from above link. Yeah, it's just breaking my heart how tore up they are over murdering their precious baby. Grrr. More like, they are upset to be in jail.

Devastated...that their baby died? maybe...that they are going to jail...yes...that their lives are changed forever...yes...

I just pray it is a wake up call and they get a grip on what it means to be a parent...

It saddens me that there are children in this world that will never know unconditional love

I'm so sick of these loser freaks ...........I just can't articulate my anger.

She did have a haunted look on her face......poor angel.

I found their myspaces. Hers is private so no point to post it. But his has pictures of the kids. Kayla is so beautiful. And they have two other children. Why how what who... I have so many questions how these parents could have let their baby die. She seemed so loved and precious to them, along with their other kids. It's just so sad. RIP Kayla. Even other photos she has such a precious sad beautiful face. Sweet angel.

Do we know what date she died?

ETA - Oh in January. So sad. :(

Oh, by all means, they should be free to go about their lives. They only MURDERED their baby. What's the big deal? Gag.

I HATE reading stuff like this, its so disgusting and just so sad :(

they probably did the same thing with the older two but somehow the boys survived ... as in relatives or friends intervened

RIP beautiful Kayla

That poor baby has such a tragic look on her face. She clearly knew no peace in her little life. Why do these people just keep having all of these kids they don't want? I just don't get it. How can you watch your own child wasting away and not at least give it to someone else to care for. What kind of animal does that take?

bolded by me.

Right--most animals treat their babies better than people do..in fact, they treat human children better than human parents! For example, the little boy who ended up in the gorilla grotto in that zoo a few years ago--the gorilla cradled him, for heaven's sake.

wow, ain't life cheap!!! Kayla deserved so much more

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/mc-palmerton-couple-starved-baby-to-death-20120830,0,7490610.story

Kimberly Taschler (left) of Palmerton has been sentenced to up to 3-1/2 years in state prison for the starving death of her daughter. Jacob Taschler (right) will spend up to two years in prison for his role in the death.

(later in the report)

The couple had been free on $30,000 bail, but were both jailed this month after violating their bail conditions by testing positive for methamphetamines, according to authorities. Two friends attended Thursday's hearing to support the couple, but no family members.

(sooooooo, they really learned their lesson...NOT )

and they'll be out in no time, hmmmm, making more babies???

This is just so WRONG. From the ktla link posted just above: bolding is mine and my comments are in blue:

"I didn't seek the proper help," said Taschler, who has two sons, ages 6 and 7, who are now living with an aunt. "I was overwhelmed but that's no excuse. Getting the help I need would be good."

How about starting-off with getting yourself sterilized? imo, that would be most helpful...to all and mostly to any future children you might bear.

Moments later, Taschler was hauled off to state prison for 14 months to 31/2 years.

Carbon County Judge Joseph J. Matika sentenced her husband, 36-year-old Jacob Adam Taschler, to 11 months and three days to two years minus a day. By shaving a day off the end of the sentence, Matika is allowing Taschler to serve his time in county jail instead of state prison.

Why does he deserve any allowances whatsoever? That said, I think an 'allowance' to cover the costs of a vasectomy would be most appropriate.

"You have committed one of the most egregious acts of parenting this court has ever seen," Matika told the couple.

Well then, why such light sentences? I can't imagine the guidelines restricted the judge from harsher sentences but the article does not say.

~jmo~ btw, the above post is an edited version of my response...my husband heard the highly colorful version.

And of course they also tested positive on meth...

Infuriating. I'm SO SICK of baby killers getting off scot free or with light sentences. Absolutely infuriating.

ETA: I saw this on my local news and just about flipped my freakin' lid.

My 13 year old has more common sense than these parents !!!!!!!:maddening:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back