GE coffee maker recalled due to fire hazard

Dark Knight

Reaction score
WASHINGTON – Nearly 1 million General Electric coffee makers sold at Wal-Mart are being recalled after dozens of reports of overheating, smoking, burning and fires.

The coffee makers, with the GE logo printed on the base, were sold in white or black from March 2008 through January of this year. The model numbers involved are 169164 and 169165.

Consumers are advised to immediately stop using these coffee makers and return them to any Wal-Mart for a full refund.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100520/ap_on_bi_ge/us_coffee_maker_recall

Thank you! Mine was one of these and is going back today.

Oh no! I'm at work and I don't know if mine was one of these numbers or not. I know it's white and I bought it from Wal-Mart. At least I know I unplugged it before I left home.

Is it only the digital ones?

I have 1 of these also! dh bought it when I'd mentioned I wanted to get a new one.
I will be taking it back today!!
To be honest I've never been totally satisfied with it so I'm looking forward to buying something different.
I hope the return goes smoothly.
The article mentions 3 people have been burned due to this, I wonder how long they've been getting reports of problems?

VB

Wow! Well I have to praise the Lord for having me find the article and posting it, as it looks like several people have one of these and were not even aware of the recall! Hopefully it saves some lives, or at least some skin!

Well it turns out I do not have this actual coffee maker. Mine has a different serial number, but looks exactly like the one that is recalled so I guess I can't return it :(

VB

Thank you! Mine was one of these and is going back today.

Tell us how it goes and if you have any trouble with the refund. My parents have one, and I don't know what to expect when I take it back.

Right On Dark Knight!
Thank you for posting these recalls. You have helped a lot of people and maybe saved lives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back