GUILTY NY - Emonee Williams, 14, stabbed to death in her Bronx home, 20 May 2010

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
14-yr.-old Bronx girl stabbed to death; mother's boyfriend nabbed after her sister calls 911
Originally Published:Friday, May 21st 2010, 9:41 AM
Updated: Friday, May 21st 2010, 3:04 PM

alg_ebonee_williams.jpg

A 14-year-old girl was stabbed to death in the Bronx and her little sister helped cops nab the suspect, an ex-con who their mother invited to stay at their apartment.

The night of violence late Thursday followed two days of arguing between Keisha Austin, 36, and her on-again, off-again boyfriend. Austin invited Christopher Ezell, 35, to stay at her Melrose apartment earlier this week and then changed her mind.

They jawed over his presence and over her daughter, Emonee Williams.

"I heard them upstairs arguing around 11 that the mother doesn't control her," neighbor Malika Stephenson, 31, said.

"He was yelling at the mother about Emonee that she doesn't control her, that she don't care about anything. Then I saw the mother leave."

The mom stormed out of the apartment leaving behind Ezell, her adult sister and her four children - a pair of 2-year-old twins, a 9-year-old girl and Emonee.

At some point, Ezell booted the sister from the apartment. About 11:45 p.m., the hot-headed homeless man set in on Emonee, police said.

She was stabbed more than 20 times and died in the living room, as her twin brothers slept. Emonee's 9-year-old sister, Jazmine, woke up and came out of her bedroom, a police source said.

She may have seen part of the attack. Ezell, who is Jazmine's father, assured the younger girl that "everything's going to be okay" and motioned her back into her bedroom, the police source said.

The suspect ran from the apartment and Jazmine called 911. Police said the 9-year-old gave police a description of her father. He was arrested about a half mile away.

snip

Emonee liked to dance and to draw cartoon characters, friends said.

Police had been to the apartment at least twice before the Thursday night attack. They came in Decemeber after Austin complained that Ezell had been calling and harassing her. In March 2005, police were called to squash an argument between the the two. Neither case involved Emonee and no one was arrested.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...mom_heard_yelling_over_con.html#ixzz0ob7KrPZ4

Can I cry....so this is how he controlled her...since her mother refused to...and kudos to that 9yo who called 911...

Can I cry....so this is how he controlled her...since her mother refused to...and kudos to that 9yo who called 911...

Right--control people by stabbing them to death, that's really rational. NOT.

What I got from reading the article is that Emmonee wouldn't have been a young girl who needed to be "controlled" ! She was mentoring students and wanted to be a teacher; sure doesn't sound like a problem kid to me.

Gee, "mom" (of Emmonee) maybe it's not such a good idea to bring homeless men into your house to be your boyfriend?

Sounds like her little sister has some backbone too, for calling 911--more than her mother, who sounds like another woman who is so desperate for a man's attention that she neglects her children's welfare.

What a beautiful young girl. I am so sorry for the loss of her. :(

Salem

I really struggle with the concept of death and this is a perfect case in point. It is difficult for me to comprehend that this beautiful girl no longer exists in this life. That she is simply gone. Even with natural life progression, it is just strange to have someone no longer exist. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

hi Mamabear1963: I want to add this as a postscript to my first post.

I quoted your post, but my comments in no way are a criticism of what you said; hopefully you didn't interpret them this way! I just feel so much anger when I read of yet another boyfriend who kills the child that is not his biological child. My anger, bitterness, and sarcasm were not directed at you!

My heart goes out to little Jazmine and the other minors left in the wake of this senseless, nay heartless act.

My prayers will be with Jazmine. To have gone out and called 911 on her own father, and then prodive LE with help in locating him must have broken this poor child's heart. And yet she did just that. Proof to me that "god's Law" is written on her heart. It must have been so painful to lose a half sister, see her father committing that act, and go to do the right thing.

I wish I could hug that child.

I really struggle with the concept of death and this is a perfect case in point. It is difficult for me to comprehend that this beautiful girl no longer exists in this life. That she is simply gone. Even with natural life progression, it is just strange to have someone no longer exist. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

You're not alone, B.:(

Emonee's father is speaking out. I'm providing the link, but warning it actually doesn't help anything. It doesn't solve a dang thing. Then you have the comments from family/friends there. Basically Emonee's father said that her mom and her murderer have been together for about 11 years. The murderer was the catalyst of their breakup.

Emonee may you rest in peace little girl. I am so sorry you suffered because of a bunch of adults.

http://www.thebigblacknewsblog.com/2010/05/emonee-williams-father-corey-williams.html

From December 2013:

http://bronxda.nyc.gov/information/2013/case29.htm

Christopher Ezell was found guilty on one count of Murder in the second degree following a non-jury trial before Acting State Supreme Court Justice Margaret Clancy...

During the trial the People argued that Ezell, who was living in a men’s shelter on Ward’s Island at the time of the murder, had blamed his step-daughter for causing his relationship with her mother to end.

Sentenced to 22 years to life in prison, per New York DOC:

http://nysdoccslookup.doccs.ny.gov/GCA00P00/WIQ3/WINQ130

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail