Hank Croslin Sr. Pleads With Misty Cummings In Jailhouse Calls

POSTED: Friday, May 21, 2010
UPDATED: 4:33 pm EDT May 21, 2010
Haleigh Cummings
An Amber Alert was issued Feb. 10, 2009, for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings
MORE ONLINE:
Haleigh Cummings Disappearance Timeline
Tour Of Satsuma Home Where Haleigh Disappeared
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- Time and time again in jailhouse phone calls released by the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office Friday, Hank Croslin Sr. pleads with his daughter Misty Cummings to tell the truth if she knows anything about missing 6-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

"The idea is that whatever you know, you need to tell," Croslin said.

"Daddy, I have," said Cummings, Haleigh's former stepmother. "It's not my fault they don't listen."

"If we could just find out what happened to Haleigh, man, everybody will be better off," Croslin said.

"People don't understand," a tearful Cummings said. "If I knew, I would tell. I don't know anything else. I told them everything I know."~

more at link

snip~"This is ain't punishment," she told him. "Where you get to just sit around and do nothing, that's not punishment. Punishment is where they have you working, doing things in the jail, making you a slave. That's punishing. I wish they'd make me come and clean and do stuff. I'm serious."

Cummings also told her father she's hoping to be offered a deal from attorneys for her eight drug trafficking charges, but her father told her he doesn't think a deal is likely.~ end

http://www.news4jax.com/news/23636589/detail.html

Hopefully we will be able to listen and post exactly what info these jail calls reveal very soon! ( Thank you GER for going out and picking these vids up!)

Though i think Hank Sr has "issues" I do believe however that he does have a heart and wants very badly(partly out of selfish reasons) but also feels the need for Haleigh to have a proper burial and her fam to have closure... And just as he says in one of these tapes, he doesn't care "who dunit" he just wants the entire truth to come out. I know he loves his daughter and wants to comfort her esp. when she becomes very upset over being locked up. I wish instead of him backing down(of any Haleigh case talk) and trying to comfort her, I think if he would get ANGRY with her and give her some of that "tough love" that families give their loved ones in times of addictions. If he would do this and say we're done, we're not gonna continue wasting what very little money we have on paytel mins and gas to&from the jail for visits. When she's not cooperating they will not continue with ANY contact or comfort. I think that would really send her spiraling into hopelessness and its at that rock bottom that I think she'll "break"/"crack" and give up the ENTIRE TRUE FACTS. EVERY SINGLE LAST DETAIL OF THE EVENTS THAT OCCURRED THAT NIGHT....
I realize Hank Sr is just loving his only daughter and in his own way believes he is helping her by being there and offering support and comfort, but NOTHINGS gonna move forward with Haleigh until Misty feels absolutely 100% desperate, hopeless, and helpless. IMO...

I have to agree Jessigirl. While it's commendable that Hank is trying to get Misty to tell the truth, when she says, "I don't know anything." He needs to stop telling her "I know, I believe you." He obviously DOESN'T believe her, because he keeps asking her to tell the truth!

I have to agree Jessigirl. While it's commendable that Hank is trying to get Misty to tell the truth, when she says, "I don't know anything." He needs to stop telling her "I know, I believe you." He obviously DOESN'T believe her, because he keeps asking her to tell the truth!

Agree 100%. Misty seems not to respect her mother very much, but seeing Hank's tears seems to trigger some of her own every-time. Now, whether or not her tears are genuine I have no idea, but I believe that Hank SR's are. He needs to lay it out for Misty. Insist on the truth!

Misty seems to depend on these visits and phone calls, Hank, for goodness sakes, tough love here! If you want to know what happened to Haleigh stop going to see Misty for awhile. Don't accept her phone calls for a bit. What could it hurt? Misty is safe in jail, maybe more safe than he is on the streets, give the silent treatment a try, it won't mean he doesn't love her, just that he is putting his foot down and demanding honesty. Tell everyone in the family to do the same. Let Misty alone and see what happens. A surprising side effect might develop for Hank. Peace and a step in the right direction for his own well-being and sobriety.

I'm worried about Hank. I'm starting to feel bad for these people.

Elle - Hank might be going to jail so he won't get to talk to Misty when that happens.

As long as Misty still has these feelings about Ron, she won't tell the truth.

Last nights JVM.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, here`s my big issue tonight. Are the walls finally closing in on Misty?

Misty`s grandma tells us Misty is still in love, deeply in love, with Ron Cummings. She`s allegedly been writing him love letters from behind bars and even got a tattoo of his name on her lower back. Well, now Misty says she can`t stop thinking about him on these tapes. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CROSLIN: And Ron will just keep coming into my head. Like I go to sleep and I wake up in the middle of the night crying because of him. I don`t know. I`m just so tired of this. I barely slept last night.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, psychotherapist Robi Ludwig, Ron has agreed to testify against Misty in their drug-trafficking case. Is that going to be the final straw that causes her to break?

ROBI LUDWIG, PSYCHOTHERAPIST: Well, I mean, it sounds like this is a woman who only focuses on herself, which is not a good sign. I mean, she - - she`s a victim of life. So, you know, obviously, if

I'm worried about Hank. I'm starting to feel bad for these people.

Elle - Hank might be going to jail so he won't get to talk to Misty when that happens.

Where did you hear that Hank was going to jail?

He had his hearing a few weeks back and received probation.

here is the docket:
Defendant
CROSLIN, HANK T SR
Alias

Date # Docket Description
2009-11-24 1 COMPLAINT FILED: FDLE
2009-11-24 1 BOOKING NUMBER: N/A
2009-11-24 1 DOCTOR SHOPPING(WITHHOLDING INFORMATION FROM A
2009-11-24 1 PRACTITIONER (F3)
2009-11-24 2 FELONY WARRANT ISSUED - BOND SET AT $2504.00
2009-11-25 3 ARREST REPORT - 11/24/2009
2009-11-25 3 BOOKING NUMBER: 09-04876
2009-11-25 3 BOND SET AT $7504.00
2009-11-25 4 DEFENDANT PRESENT FOR FIRST APPEARANCE HRG
2009-11-25 4 ADJ INS P D APPOINTED AT FIRST APPEARANCE HEARING
2009-11-25 4 SUFFICIENT PROBABLE CAUSE FOUND
2009-11-25 4 $7504.00 SECURED BOND SET
2009-11-25 5 AFFIDAVIT FOR CRIMINAL INDIGENT STATUS
2009-11-25 6 APPLICATION AND ORDER APPOINTING PUBLIC DEFENDER
2009-11-25 7 FELONY WARRANT RETURNED EXECUTED
2009-11-30 8 $7500.00 A-1-24 HOUR CITY BEST BAIL BONDS-#2236011
2009-11-30 8 AMERICAN BANKERS INSURANCE COMPANY OF FL (11/25/2009)
2010-01-21 9 INFORMATION
2010-01-21 9 DOCTOR SHOPPING (WITHHOLDING INFORMATION FROM
2010-01-21 9 PRACTITIONER)
2010-01-26 10 NOTICE TO DEFENDANT (02-18-2010)
2010-01-26 11 NOTICE TO BONDSMAN (02-18-2010)
2010-02-18 12 ARRAIGNMENT MINUTES: DEFT PRESENT, SWORN, ARRAIGNED,
2010-02-18 12 PUBLIC DEFENDER APPOINTED, ENTERED PLEA OF NOT GUILTY,
2010-02-18 12 SET FOR PRE TRIAL 03/31/2010.
2010-02-18 13 AFFIDAVIT FOR CRIMINAL INDIGENT STATUS
2010-02-18 14 ORDER APPOINTING PUBLIC DEFENDER
2010-02-18 15 ORDER SETTING PRE TRIAL 03/31/2010
2010-02-23 16 NOTICE TO BONDSMAN (03-31-2010)
2010-03-31 17 PRE TRIAL MINUTES: DEFT PRES, ATT BY BILL MACQUEEN,
2010-03-31 17 ON MOTION OF DEFENSE COUNSEL, COURT ORDERED CASE
2010-03-31 17 CONTINUED TO 05/13/2010
2010-04-06 18 NOTICE TO BONDSMAN (05/13/2010)
2010-04-27 19 SCORESHEET FILED
2010-04-27 20 PRE TRIAL MINUTES: DEFT PRES, ATT BY BILL MACQUEEN,
2010-04-27 20 W/D FORMER PLEA, PLED NOLO AS CHARGED TO
2010-04-27 20 DOCTOR SHOPPING (WITHHOLDING INFORMATION FROM
2010-04-27 20 PRACTITIONER)
2010-04-27 20 ADVISED OF MAX PENALTY 5 YRS DOC &/OR $5000 FINE
2010-04-27 20 PLEA ACCEPTED, PSI WAIVED, SENTENCING -
2010-04-27 20 ADJUDICATION OF GUILT WITHHELD
2010-04-27 20 18 MONTHS PROBATION
2010-04-27 20 $395 COURT COSTS
2010-04-27 20 $50 PUBLIC DEFENDER APPLICATION FEE
2010-04-27 20 $1.00 TO FIRST STEP, INC
2010-04-27 20 $20 TO THE CRIME STOPPERS TRUST FUND
2010-04-27 20 $100 PUBLIC DEFENDER ATTORNEY FEE
2010-04-27 20 $100 COST OF PROSECUTION
2010-04-27 20 COST OF SUPERVISION SET AT $10 PER MONTH
2010-04-27 20 TO UNDERGO AND PAY FOR DRUG TESTING
2010-04-27 20 SUBSTANCE ABUSE EVALUATION
2010-04-27 21 FINGERPRINTS OF DEFENDANT
2010-04-27 22 ORDER OF PROBATION

We have to keep in mind we are getting these tapes on a time lapse, I know it is confusing, unless he violated probation or something and he got in more trouble. Did I miss something. TIA

I feel bad for Hank, but I agree; he needs to show her tough love. She depends on their communication. He needs to cut it off until she tells the truth...and not just something she saw in a dream. How many times are we going to hear the dream theory? Really now.
I can't wait for these tapes. The ones in the beginning were all positive "don't worry, I'm gonna be fine" but now things are starting to unravel.

I feel bad for Hank, but I agree; he needs to show her tough love. She depends on their communication. He needs to cut it off until she tells the truth...and not just something she saw in a dream. How many times are we going to hear the dream theory? Really now.
I can't wait for these tapes. The ones in the beginning were all positive "don't worry, I'm gonna be fine" but now things are starting to unravel.

Morning nas, I actually started this thread based on the article that was released on the 21st, it was released before the tapes we already examined all weekend came out, those were the tapes. Sorry to burst your bubble...: (

I think the thread ended up getting locked until the tapes could be released and examined for content and now our mods have re-opened it for discussion. Unless there are more tapes coming, in which case I am not ready....lol

It sounds to me like Hank really does not believe either of his kids are involved in this, (as far as actually harming Haliegh) if he did, he wouldn't keep begging Misty to tell the truth. I have to wonder just how much he had been told before they went to jail. I think he would be too afraid for his family's safety to go to the authorities.

I found it pretty relevant to hear Hank Sr. tell Tommy that he'd go after and kill whoever hurt an innocent child-- the context was his own gchild, but he ended up extending it toward Haleigh too. (on one of the sky vids.) I think Misty probably knows this about her dad, she may fear his rejection more than anything.

Hank is walking a difficult line in handling Misty, she needs to learn a few lessons that Hank isn't strong enough to teach right now. jmo

Well, frankly...........everyone would like Misty to tell the truth, with notable exceptions.

Well, frankly...........everyone would like Misty to tell the truth, with notable exceptions.

Hi Debs,

I keep going back to things people said long before we had these tapes; one thing that stuck in my mind was TN calling Tim Miller and begging him to get there because they thought Misty was ready to talk. Misty has had so many stories, but never a story to involve Ron, until this last set of tapes, when she thinks he should be looked at closer. I think that is the first true thing out of her mouth. I have to wonder if TN, and Ron were trying to convince Misty to say it was Tommy and Joe that night? GGMS showed anger at Misty for not wanting that LDT, so I tend to believe she is still in the dark and can't understand all of Misty's stories. If Misty was being convinced to finger TC and JO do you think TN and RC would believe she could pass the tests? Did they know she was going to be hooked up before Tim came to town? I am thinking no.

Hi Debs,

I keep going back to things people said long before we had these tapes; one thing that stuck in my mind was TN calling Tim Miller and begging him to get there because they thought Misty was ready to talk. Misty has had so many stories, but never a story to involve Ron, until this last set of tapes, when she thinks he should be looked at closer. I think that is the first true thing out of her mouth. I have to wonder if TN, and Ron were trying to convince Misty to say it was Tommy and Joe that night? GGMS showed anger at Misty for not wanting that LDT, so I tend to believe she is still in the dark and can't understand all of Misty's stories. If Misty was being convinced to finger TC and JO do you think TN and RC would believe she could pass the tests? Did they know she was going to be hooked up before Tim came to town? I am thinking no.

It is my belief that, after months of intimidation and coaching, Misty was all but forced into taking those tests, which have the net result of making her a public liar and unbelievable. Whatever she might come up with now will be tainted with her documented lying. I believe that was the goal, and it was artfully arranged. Misty is hardly a credible witness now. Without proof, who is really going to believe the 'truth' when she finally tells it?

Just an FYI: I will. And I'm betting LE will. And I'm betting that all the artful arrangements in the world aren't going to remove the stain upon the hands of those who really DO know what happened to Haleigh.

The more I hear Hank ask Misty to tell what she knows, the more strongly I believe that Hank knows she is lying. Try a new tactic, Hank. Quit visiting her and taking her calls for awhile and tell her you'll talk to her when she tells the truth and see if that causes a new reaction.

Hi Debs,

I'm just jumping off your post Bern ... I could jump off many with two disparate thoughts:

1) You're 17. No education. No prospects. You don't roll on Ron when his family has agreed to (technically) feed and house you for the rest of your life.

...and...

2) You're 18, in jail. When the iron gets hot, you thrash around and roll on anyone and everyone remotely plausible to see what sticks in an effort to save your arse. At the end of the thrashing, they remind you that you married Ron and they don't want to hear your story about how you think Ron killed Haleigh, so you married him. (Unless, perhaps, it's about how you AND Ron both killed Haleigh, so, you married him.)

...just continuing to theorize on Misty's options here ... I don't think it's about the truth anymore. I think it's about what will sell at the garage sale. Its hard not to feel as if Misty's being led down story lane by someone. Very unsettling.

Hi Debs,

Bern, you are absolutely right. On one of the tapes of Misty and her father she starts complaining about how Ronald and his family just used her to babysit because they were tired of babysitting the kids and that Ronald kept shooting up and that he tried to commit suicide and Misty stated to her father that LE ought to take a closer look as to why Ronald was trying to commit suicide. That there was very telling to me. To me that was the first time she implied that Ronald might be involved. I also thought it was very strange that TN showed up on the scene for the very first time with her LE jacket on and a picture in hand. That to me was also very telling. If you listen to Misty talk to her father on several of the tapes over the past few months she has mentioned several times that LE doesn't want to hear anything about Ronald, so that tells me that she has tried to tell them but they won't listen to her. "LE" wake up 'cause I believe she has been telling you where to look without being the one accused of blowing the whisle.

I am starting to smell a headless rat here! Misty's story stinks to high heaven. I hope LE is releasing these tapes to open up a door here to the truth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back