Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    It is a shame what Misty is putting her parents through. The Croslin parents will probably wind up spiraling down even further. Even her own father knows she is lying.

She reminds me of another psychopath that is in jail in Florida awaiting trial. They both care about no one but themselves.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    It is a shame what Misty is putting her parents through. The Croslin parents will probably wind up spiraling down even further. Even her own father knows she is lying.

She reminds me of another psychopath that is in jail in Florida awaiting trial. They both care about no one but themselves.

IMO
    BBM

Ya, the karma is a beeyotch.

I disagree. I have no sympathy for "parents" such as Misty's when they have to deal with the consequences of having completely failed to parent. (Casey's too, but that's O/T here.) The Croslins are just reaping what they've sewn.

Misty's high-as-a-kite mother & father abandoned her with sketchy relatives as a child, failed to provide her a home, failed to see to her education, gave her to her brother and her brother's child-bride for babysitting services, introduced her to drugs, enabled her every bad instinct, signed emancipation papers and let this illiterate child marry a hot-tempered, drug-dealing, child-impregnating, controlling, raging murder-threatening, gun-totin', woman-smacking monster of a man.

IMO, The opposite is the case. It's a shame what Misty's parents have put Misty through. I get the sense even they feel badly about it.

If Misty is a consummate liar, then this is the one thing they taught her well. Babies aren't born liars.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Emma Peel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post

IMO
    actually, it's a shame what Misty's parents have put her through. It's a shame what the parents have put themselves through. It's a shame what Misty has put herself through, & on & on it goes. My sympathy for Ma & Pa Croslin is just about spent & I can only imagine Misty's childhood, for her to have turned out like this.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dodie20 For This Useful Post:

I'm sorry, but I can't find it in me to blame Misty for the people who raised her.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dodie20 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Peel View Post
    BBM

I disagree. I have no sympathy for "parents" such as Misty's when they have to deal with the consequences of having completely failed to parent. (Casey's too, but that's O/T here.) The Croslins are just reaping what they've sewn.

Misty's high-as-a-kite mother & father abandoned her with sketchy relatives as a child, failed to provide her a home, failed to see to her education, gave her to her brother and her brother's child-bride for babysitting services, introduced her to drugs, enabled her every bad instinct, signed emancipation papers and let this illiterate child marry a hot-tempered, drug-dealing, child-impregnating, controlling, raging murder-threatening, gun-totin', woman-smacking monster of a man.

IMO, The opposite is the case. It's a shame what Misty's parents have put Misty through. I get the sense even they feel badly about it.

If Misty is a consummate liar, then this is the one thing they taught her well. Babies aren't born liars.
    yeah, they taught their kids to lie, to steal , & to blame the cops for all of their problems. Hank even blames the whole state of Florida. I can only wonder what else these kids learned at their parent's feet. Hank even tried to throw the blame on Lisa. seems she got in the way of him going to church. ummm hmmmm...

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dodie20 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elle1919 View Post
    snip~"This is ain't punishment," she told him. "Where you get to just sit around and do nothing, that's not punishment. Punishment is where they have you working, doing things in the jail, making you a slave. That's punishing. I wish they'd make me come and clean and do stuff. I'm serious."

Cummings also told her father she's hoping to be offered a deal from attorneys for her eight drug trafficking charges, but her father told her he doesn't think a deal is likely.~ end

http://www.news4jax.com/news/23636589/detail.html
    Whoa, whoa, halt the horses! Is she saying what I think she's saying? She wishes to be punished. Is it her oblique way of admitting she needs to be punished? DId she maybe do something that she deserves punishment for? I wonder what that is.

Maybe she just loves cleaning so much. Must be boring in there
    Last edited by Donjeta; 05-26-2010 at 02:56 AM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Whoa, whoa, halt the horses! Is she saying what I think she's saying? She wishes to be punished. Is it her oblique way of admitting she needs to be punished? DId she maybe do something that she deserves punishment for? I wonder what that is.

I think she means punishment for why she is in there: getting caught in the drug sting on trafficking charges.

She is obviously miserable with being trapped in a cell and not doing anything, but what she doesn't get is that that IS a valid punishment, and it is obviously punishment felt because she is miserable and complaining about it. It sounds like she is wanting to get out of the cell and to do things for a little relief, and have it be her punishment. Well, I hate to tell her: yer stuck kiddo, suck it up and stop complaining, you got where you are by your own doings and jail isn't a playground where you get to pick and chose your punishment.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elphaba For This Useful Post:

Yeah but she done nothing wrong in the drug case, she was just helping a friend

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elle1919 View Post
    Where did you hear that Hank was going to jail?

He had his hearing a few weeks back and received probation.

We have to keep in mind we are getting these tapes on a time lapse, I know it is confusing, unless he violated probation or something and he got in more trouble. Did I miss something. TIA
    LOL You're right. I've gotten so lost in the tapes I forgot reality. Thanks!
    ~ If you talk to God, you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic...... House MD ~

I think Hank knows nothing. He is trying to salvage what family he has left and begging Misty to be honest. Misty is not being honest because she is involved. Tommy is not being honest because he is involved. Ron knows what happened. Everyone in the picture is selfish and has a sense of entitlement. If a drug ring was involved in Haleigh's disappearance the trio would tell. They would request money, relocation, etc. They are all about whatever they can get for themselves. The only reason they do not talk is because they have no one to point the finger at - besides Joe. That obviously didn't work so Misty's story changes, again. Too bad they all didn't sit down before they got arrested and discuss who they would blame for the abduction. Now they are all scurrying around trying to deflect the finger pointing in their directions. It has become Misty and Tommy against the world and Ron is on his own. I find it odd the Misty and Tommy have not blamed Ron (though Misty is being more vocal about his abuse, temper, etc) as if Tommy and the mirror/gun incident. Misty and Tommy have spent a lifetime of blaming others and NOT taking responsibility for their own actions. Hank was not the father of the year but when it comes down to it, we are responsible for our actions - not our parents. Hank is probably ashamed of his brood as well as his wife and himself. He has a conscience and it is gnawing at him to get to the truth. Because he is begging Misty to tell, I believe Hank has a feeling she knows.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to balaney For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dodie20 View Post
    actually, it's a shame what Misty's parents have put her through. It's a shame what the parents have put themselves through. It's a shame what Misty has put herself through, & on & on it goes. My sympathy for Ma & Pa Croslin is just about spent & I can only imagine Misty's childhood, for her to have turned out like this.
    As if other parents haven't failed their children in the same way or in other ways? So all her life now she can use this excuse? Don't blame me for any decision I have ever made, just blame my parents and everyone else?

No matter how a person has been raised it is their own choices they make that they have to be responsible for.

I have no sympathy for Misty. She certainly isn't the only child growing up that had bad parents or a bad environment but I doubt many of them are right in the middle of a homicide investigation with them as the key to solving it but keeps refusing to reveal her own involvement.

I doubt the Croslin parents had a rosy upbringing either yet I hold them fully responsible for their own actions.

imo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post

When I listened to it it sounded more like Misty wanted something to occupy her time, she's bored and she doesn't want to be in protective custody anymore, She said "this ain't punishment...I wish they would make me come and clean and do stuff" Is cleaning punishment to her?

Around my house cleaning and chores are a responsibility that you earn with age and maturity and are rewarded for when done properly and well. It sounds to me like Misty has been used by a lot of people in her life and doesn't understand that you need to be trusted to complete these tasks and jobs, and that trust is part of the reward.

It is apparent to me that Misty has a part in Haleigh's disappearance, otherwise there would be no need for the numerous fairy tales she has told. The truth will not be so complicated in my opinion and it will make sense of all this senselessness.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to elle1919 For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Respectfully edited: If Misty is a consummate liar, then this is the one thing they taught her well. Babies aren't born liars.
    Evidently, RC was rather proud of Misty's capabilities as an accomplished liar. Remember the headless rat incident when he wanted to see what a good liar she was? Seems that Ron was further reinforcing a "skill" that Misty learned well from Mom and Dad. Way to go, Misty!

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

BBM

ITA!! They should of never had any children with their selfish lifestyle!BBM
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Misty knows right from wrong or she would be telling the truth. This may be the first time she has ever had to accept responsibility for her actions, the same as the rest of the incarcerated.
    I wonder why many children that come from extreme, severe abuse at the hands of family, go on to excell in school and lead upstanding lives. Frequently, with no role model or family help. I suspect they made a decision very early to have a different kind of live and knew it would be difficult, but were familar with with that.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to newstome For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast