Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2010.05.21 ~ Dad to Misty: Tell the truth about Haleigh

[QUOTE=MysteryAddict;5220140]If the latest tale is of Joe holding a knife to her throat, that is the least believable
    story yet!

How can anyone look at the picture of Misty and Joe hanging flyers the next
    morning side by side and believe that story? Not me!

Unfortunately, she came out with this nonsense just as I was given some hope from her previous tape.[/QUOTE

The flyers were bad enough, but then she went to Nashville to visit. And it sounded as if she hung around Joe while she was there.
    What you read is MOO only. If not, it might make sense.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to titanfan62702 For This Useful Post:

I'm not a fan of Hank but I do gotta give the guy a little credit. He shows up at that jail to visit every chance he gets even tho he knows his visit is gonna be plastered all over and scrutinized by everyone. I'm just not sure yet if it's because of his love for his children or if Hank cut a little deal of his own with LE. All my opinion. If it is because of love, I gotta admit I'm a little proud of him....

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lynnb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dodie20 View Post
    you need to remember that Misty was only 16 when she got with Ron. That is her parent's fault. no excuses. When my daughter was 16, 17, 18,...I took full responsibility for her safety & I would never have signed marriage papers. & if God forbid, she had gotten mixed up with someone like Ron, I wouldn't have sat idly by. As for the Croslin upbringing? I doubt it was much good, but they've made their own beds, so now they can lie in them. no blaming Misty. How can Hank expect Misty to tell the truth now? I'm sorry, but he couldn't handle the truth. He only wants a truth that doesn't involve Tommy. & he's making that very clear. manipulation at its finest.
    I would be amazed that Misty hadn't hooked up with a guy older than her before she even knew Ron Cummings. I bet he was not the first guy older that she had been with. Imo, she wasnt some naive meek and mild child before Cummings. Imo, she is a manipulator too.

Yes, the Croslin parents can lay in the own bed they made just like Misty Croslin has to lay in her own bed and do the same.

I do remember how old she was. I also know many grandmothers and great grandmothers who were married at a much younger age than Misty was at the time of Haleigh's disappearance and they certainly did a fine job raising their children along with the man they loved and married and most of them stayed together for the rest of their lives.

At 16 Misty knew right from wrong. No one made the choices she made but her. Doesn't matter who a person's parents are. That is why good parents can have bad children and bad parents can have good children. It is all about choices of the individual child and no one forced Misty to do a thing.

I am thankful that all five of our children waited to get married when they were mature enough and then planned their family but I cannot judge others for getting married at 16 if the parents signs. I wouldn't approve of that personally but I have known those who both were very young when they married each other and it lasted a life time so who am I to judge them?

IMO
    Last edited by oceanblueeyes; 05-26-2010 at 10:51 PM.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lynnb View Post
    I'm not a fan of Hank but I do gotta give the guy a little credit. He shows up at that jail to visit every chance he gets even tho he knows his visit is gonna be plastered all over and scrutinized by everyone. I'm just not sure yet if it's because of his love for his children or if Hank cut a little deal of his own with LE. All my opinion. If it is because of love, I gotta admit I'm a little proud of him....
    Hank has many human frailties but imo I have always believed he loves his children. Did he do the right thing all of his life or theirs? Nope, but the love, even though he may be dysfunctional... is genuine imo.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

actually, Hank reminds me of Cindy Anthony. They are both very manipulative, & trying to save their kids. In Hank's case, he is worried about Tommy. I guess because of his age, his dad is concerned about the punishment. Tommy & his dad had a physical altercation, so Hank knows very well what he is capable of. Personally, I wish he'd stay away from Misty. When he tells her to tell the truth, but in the next breath, starts in on her, for hating her brother, my blood boils. & when he not so subtly threatens to leave, & not visit...I come unglued. Leave the girl alone, so she'll talk. & for the record, I think her's were real tears. Her family is all she has, & she has a real fear of being abandoned.
    I think CA and HC are like night and day. There is no comparison.IMO

The reason Hank is talking to Misty about Tommy, is because every time she opens her mouth, she is accusing him of doing something. It started when then first were arrested. She ratted him out on a burglary, that had nothing to do with the drug bust. Every story she recalls or dreams has Tommy doing something.

Hank has a lot of common sense. That's why he want's Misty to tell the truth. IMO

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Baxter For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    I would be amazed that Misty hadn't hooked up with a guy older than her before she even knew Ron Cummings. I bet he was not the first guy older than her that she had been with. Imo, she wasnt some naive meek and mild child before Cummings. Imo, she is a manipulator too.

Yes, the Croslin parents can lay in the own bed they made just like Misty Croslin has to lay in her own bed and do the same.

I do remember how old she was. I also know many grandmothers and great grandmothers who were married at a much younger age than Misty was at the time of Haleigh's disappearance and they certainly did a fine job raising their children along with the man they loved and married and most of them stayed together for the rest of their lives.

At 16 Misty knew right from wrong. No one made the choices she made but her. Doesn't matter who a person's parents are. That is why good parents can have bad children and bad parents can have good children. It is all about choices of the individual child and no one forced Misty to do a thing.

I am thankful that all five of our children waited to get married when they were mature enough and then planned their family but I cannot judge others for getting married at 16 if the parents signs. I wouldn't approve of that personally but I have known those who both were very young when they married each other and it lasted a life time so who am I to judge them?

IMO
    misty at 16 moving in with an adult man can't be justified by what others do. he's a dope dealer & had 2 small kids, & her parents shouldn't have let her get mixed up with him. & these decisions weren't out of their control...they chose to let their underaged daughter live like that-probably, because they were also living like Ronald, & raised their kids to live like that. I guess we come from 2 different ways of thinking. where I live, the parent gets in legal trouble if their teenager misses too much school. The law puts school attendance on the parent's shoulders, so the law most definantly wouldn't take kindly to a 16 year old moving in & sharing a grown man's bed-& it wouldn't matter if there was talk that the parents had let it happen before, or if the grown man was known to have done it before. It's still illegal & wrong. & a marraige after the fact, doesn't change the wrongness.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dodie20 For This Useful Post:

misty at 16 moving in with an adult man can't be justified by what others do. he's a dope dealer & had 2 small kids, & her parents shouldn't have let her get mixed up with him. & these decisions weren't out of their control...they chose to let their underaged daughter live like that-probably, because they were also living like Ronald, & raised their kids to live like that. I guess we come from 2 different ways of thinking. where I live, the parent gets in legal trouble if their teenager misses too much school. The law puts school attendance on the parent's shoulders, so the law most definantly wouldn't take kindly to a 16 year old moving in & sharing a grown man's bed-& it wouldn't matter if there was talk that the parents had let it happen before, or if the grown man was known to have done it before. It's still illegal & wrong. & a marraige after the fact, doesn't change the wrongness.

Absolutely. We are in the "new age", and let's just say, things are different now.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to suspicious1 For This Useful Post:

Boredom in jail as punishment might be the only thing that cracks Misty.

Misty has only just experienced 15 weeks in jail and she is not doing well so how is she going to cope with 15, 25 or more years?

Admittedly she'd be in prison and have more to do but this jail time in solitary is key.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Justice for Caylee

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cyberborg For This Useful Post:

you need to remember that Misty was only 16 when she got with Ron. That is her parent's fault. no excuses. When my daughter was 16, 17, 18,...I took full responsibility for her safety & I would never have signed marraige papers. & if God forbid, she had gotten mixed up with someone like Ron, I wouldn't have sat idly by. As for the Croslin upbringing? I doubt it was much good, but they've made their own beds, so now they can lie in them. no blaming Misty. How can Hank expect Misty to tell the truth now? I'm sorry, but he couldn't handle the truth. He only wants a truth that doesn't involve Tommy. & he's making that very clear. manupilation at its finest.
    You're so right. I was at Walmart yesterday and saw a missing kid flier sitting in a basket while the door greeter stickered my return. The girl is almost 18 and is with an 18 year old guy, yet she is being looked for instead of being allowed to just run off. Misty had no business being allowed to live with an older man and spend her time secluded taking care of toddlers at age 16. I'm wondering if maybe LE is beginning to get to Misty, and how she feels about her whole family using her for babysitting and possibly to get drugs. This type of resentment could be a motive for something happening to Haleigh.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to txsvicki For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nas212913 View Post
    I feel bad for Hank, but I agree; he needs to show her tough love. She depends on their communication. He needs to cut it off until she tells the truth...and not just something she saw in a dream. How many times are we going to hear the dream theory? Really now.
    I can't wait for these tapes. The ones in the beginning were all positive "don't worry, I'm gonna be fine" but now things are starting to unravel.

bolded by me....Hank does need to show Misty some tough love...Quit enabling her by befriending her and just stay away from her for while...It is not too late to be the sort of father that he should have been to her...He needs to BE STRONG and Stay away...all in my own opinion..

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justus4all For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elle1919 View Post
    Morning nas, I actually started this thread based on the article that was released on the 21st, it was released before the tapes we already examined all weekend came out, those were the tapes. Sorry to burst your bubble...: (

I think the thread ended up getting locked until the tapes could be released and examined for content and now our mods have re-opened it for discussion. Unless there are more tapes coming, in which case I am not ready....lol
    Well who asked you to burst my bubble anyway? I was more then happy to be deliriously hopeful.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nas212913 For This Useful Post:

LoveEndsWar is offline When someone is missing it is everyones business.
    When I listened to it it sounded more like Misty wanted something to occupy her time, she's bored and she doesn't want to be in protective custody anymore, She said "this ain't punishment...I wish they would make me come and clean and do stuff" Is cleaning punishment to her?

Around my house cleaning and chores are a responsibility that you earn with age and maturity and are rewarded for when done properly and well. It sounds to me like Misty has been used by a lot of people in her life and doesn't understand that you need to be trusted to complete these tasks and jobs, and that trust is part of the reward.

It is apparent to me that Misty has a part in Haleigh's disappearance, otherwise there would be no need for the numerous fairy tales she has told. The truth will not be so complicated in my opinion and it will make sense of all this senselessness.
    :Jumpie: :Jumpie: Love it, well said! :Jumpie: :Jumpie:

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoveEndsWar For This Useful Post:

elle1919 is offline Blowing out another's candle will not make yours shine brighter!!
    deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    I would be amazed that Misty hadn't hooked up with a guy older than her before she even knew Ron Cummings. I bet he was not the first guy older that she had been with. Imo, she wasnt some naive meek and mild child before Cummings. Imo, she is a manipulator too.

IMO
    Slightly off topic but in reference to the portion of your post that I bolded:

Albeit Misty's reported "relationship" with G Page came after having met RC, according to his booking photo he was actually born in 1980 making almost 3 years older than RC who was born in 1983.
    http://public.pcso.us/jail/bookingDe...0768&IMG=52125

So it could be true that Misty has had a propensity towards men older than her.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elle1919 For This Useful Post:

Slightly off topic but in reference to the portion of your post that I bolded:

Albeit Misty's reported "relationship" with G Page came after having met RC, according to his booking photo he was actually born in 1980 making almost 3 years older than RC who was born in 1983.
    http://public.pcso.us/jail/bookingDe...0768&IMG=52125

So it could be true that Misty has had a propensity towards men older than her.
    Just a note: ALL men would have been older than Misty.....cuz she was a teen.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:

elle1919 is offline Blowing out another's candle will not make yours shine brighter!!
    Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    Just a note: ALL men would have been older than Misty.....cuz she was a teen.
    I understand that, but I don't think Misty has had a relationship with "all men" whereas the two men I posted about are reported to share that characteristic.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elle1919 For This Useful Post:

I understand that, but I don't think Misty has had a relationship with "all men" whereas the two men I posted about are reported to share that characteristic.
    I have no doubt that Misty's proclivity for age inappropriate males is the classic 'rescue me' ploy (often referred to as a daddy issue) that many young girls left to their own devises fall into. The problem I have is that neither WBG or Ronald Cummings was held to the law which states sex with an underage person results in charges of statutory rape.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:

I have no doubt that Misty's proclivity for age inappropriate males is the classic 'rescue me' ploy (often referred to as a daddy issue) that many young girls left to their own devises fall into. The problem I have is that neither WBG or Ronald Cummings was held to the law which states sex with an underage person results in charges of statutory rape.
    which IMHO is why MC stated she was "raped". Anyone older than her was "by law" raping her...IMO she traded sex for drugs cause she had no money MOO and it is the oldest "profession" MOO
    All posts are MOO

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:

Well it seems her mother and father wanted to know where she was all the time and opted for these " rescue me" type relationships rather than putting their foot down and forcing their child to attend school, which by the way is also the law, and we never saw those charges either. While LE has said that they will worry about all the "other crimes" associated with this case after they find Haleigh, I am not holding out hope that any of those charges will ever be filed.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elle1919 For This Useful Post:

Well it seems her mother and father wanted to know where she was all the time and opted for these " rescue me" type relationships rather than putting their foot down and forcing their child to attend school, which by the way is also the law, and we never saw those charges either. While LE has said that they will worry about all the "other crimes" associated with this case after they find Haleigh, I am not holding out hope that any of those charges will ever be filed.
    Ain't that the truth? Anyone who wants to know what a child that fell through ALL the cracks looks like, take a look at Misty.

38. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:

misty at 16 moving in with an adult man can't be justified by what others do. he's a dope dealer & had 2 small kids, & her parents shouldn't have let her get mixed up with him. & these decisions weren't out of their control...they chose to let their under aged daughter live like that-probably, because they were also living like Ronald, & raised their kids to live like that. I guess we come from 2 different ways of thinking. where I live, the parent gets in legal trouble if their teenager misses too much school. The law puts school attendance on the parent's shoulders, so the law most defiantly wouldn't take kindly to a 16 year old moving in & sharing a grown man's bed-& it wouldn't matter if there was talk that the parents had let it happen before, or if the grown man was known to have done it before. It's still illegal & wrong. & a marriage after the fact, doesn't change the wrongness.
    While it is illegal now it wasnt for many decades. Girls young as 13 or 14 were getting married and their husband was usually older than them by a few years.

Ron was not charged with statutory rape and imo LE knew Misty had already gone with older men way before she even knew who Ron was. If it was so abhorrent then why can parents give legal consent for a teenager of 16 to marry and the age of the person they marry doesn't matter? Just seems counter opposing laws imo.

Yes, I think Misty pretty much did what she wanted to and they gave into Misty and weren't the parents they should have been. Imo, Misty was a very controlling unruly child at a very early age and the Croslins did what was easy instead of what was right. They gave into her demands to appease her imo.

There is no evidence that has been uncovered that Ron or Misty were dope dealers when they first met each other or even when Haleigh went missing.

Unfortunately lots of children don't live in idyllic homes. Over 25 million adults in this country are addicted to prescription drugs alone while millions of others who are addicted to alcohol or illegal drugs.

It just shows that even our school systems do not catch every child that drops out of school. Maybe the parents told the school she attended that they were moving.

IMO
    Last edited by oceanblueeyes; 05-27-2010 at 07:38 PM.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

For the answer to the question of Misty and older men, all I can say is look in Flagler County Florida for one Jeremy Miller or run him thru Florida's sex offender site. He is now a registered sex offender.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missingmeds For This Useful Post:

You are right Ellie, it is the law. If Lisa and Hank wanted to force Misty to go to school and abide by their rules back then all they had to do is enforce it and if she didn't abide by them then all they had to do is call the authorities. My daughter thought she was going to run the streets and not go to school and she found out fast I wasn't playing games. I called the authorities and they put her in jail over night and then she had to go before the court and explain why she didn't think she had to follow the rules. She ended up spending her last 6 months of high school on house arrest, but she got her diploma and five years later we are the best of friends and she has told me several times during the past few years she's glad I forced her to obey the rules.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowbunny For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is online now "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    "It just shows that even our school systems do not catch every child that drops out of school. Maybe the parents told the school she attended that they were moving."

School districts can't know about children who should be attending school if their parents haven't enrolled them. The Croslins were known transients (GMaH called them "gypsies") who didn't live long in any one place. Enrolling their children in school was probably not a priority, so the local school district might have been unaware of these children in a particular attendance area. Unless the family was known to Child Protective Services (or whatever the local agency might be) for some reason, there is virtually no way for children to be identified unless their parents make it known to local school personnel.

I don't know about Tommy and Timmy, but I know that Misty was born in Michigan, lived with her maternal grandmother in TN for a while, lived with her parents in FL at different times, and spent time with other relatives in CO. I'm curious about when and where Misty was ever actually enrolled in school, let alone attended regularly.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

schools and school districts don't give birth to children, humans do. It is the ultimate responsibility of the mother and father to see that their child is educated to the best of their ability. It is also the responsibility of the parents to instill morality. This is a complicated issue and I think Misty is guilty and Hank is right to encourage her to tell the truth, but he needed to give that lesson a long time ago.

Misty has never heard a symphony orchestra, never seen a play, never studied art.
    Misty's life is very limited and its her parent's fault. Hank can't make up for lost time. One of the sad things is that when you have a child who is learning challenged the whole picture changes, its not just a matter of forcing them to school. I wish more people in the US understood and if they can't understand the needs of children , they shouldn't have any. JMO
    narrow, limited thinker, but I'm trying to grow

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PorcineGranny For This Useful Post:

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny View Post
    You are right Ellie, it is the law. If Lisa and Hank wanted to force Misty to go to school and abide by their rules back then all they had to do is enforce it and if she didn't abide by them then all they had to do is call the authorities. My daughter thought she was going to run the streets and not go to school and she found out fast I wasn't playing games. I called the authorities and they put her in jail over night and then she had to go before the court and explain why she didn't think she had to follow the rules. She ended up spending her last 6 months of high school on house arrest, but she got her diploma and five years later we are the best of friends and she has told me several times during the past few years she's glad I forced her to obey the rules.
    I have two young ones ...thanks for being a mentor... Great Job!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast