1117 users online (240 members and 877 guests)  

Websleuths News

Woman suing cell phone company for $600,000 for breaking up her marriage.

*Sorry if this doesn't belong here.*

Link.

LOL! It's her own fault for having an affair in the first place. If she were smart, why didn't she just used a pre-paid cellular phone? Now she's asking for $600,000?

Quote Originally Posted by Garland View Post

Link.

LOL! It's her own fault for having an affair in the first place. If she were smart, why didn't she just used a pre-paid cellular phone? Now she's asking for $600,000?
    Wow, cry me a river.

no words...
    I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Voltaire

Next she can sue her lawyer for allowing her to make a fool of herself in news media.
    I'm sure that's worth at least a million.

Quote Originally Posted by Garland View Post

Link.

I trusted Rogers with my personal information. We had a contract -- an agreement that put my life right in their hands"

Too funny! another "oops my hot coffee was hot." d'oh.

Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

I chalk this up as being just another sue happy person. This is how some people make their living.

LOL, she lost her husband because she was messing around and then she lost her job because of the economy {stoooopid}, she was after all a real estate agent!

She's looking for some $$$ and why not go to the deep pockets.

A judge and jury will see right through her little get-rich scheme.

It wasn't the phone company's fault, it was KARMA!

JMHO
    fran

ITA with all of you. OTOH, I also think the cell phone company should be fined something for breaching the contract and her privacy, just for the sake of precedent.

I mean, my first thought was what if this had been an innocent woman beaten or killed by a crazy jealous husband or live-in, because he thought she was cheating.

She too would have been foolish to use the same phone company or address, even with her maiden name, but, jmo, no company should make the unilateral choice for her to share her personal data with any man (or woman) living at the same address or elsewhere.

Since the original bill was being sent to the address where she and her husband both lived, even if it was address to her maiden name, don't you think that he would have eventually discovered her deceit anyway? I guess I could understand it if the original bill was being sent to a completely different address, but it wasn't. What proof does she have that he did not become suspicious until after the consolidated bill was received? I think that is going to be the key issue to this lawsuit. IMO