11-22-2009, 02:53 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Aug 2003
Dealing with Your Fellow Posters
Any time a group of people get together there are bound to be disagreements. This forum is no exception. We are in no position to tell you what to think of ideas you see expressed here, but in our Terms of Service we do lay out the rules about how you can post here.
If you find that there is a fellow poster whose thoughts you find you are unable to even read without losing your composure, your "Ignore List" is your friend. When you put a poster on this list, the following will happen:
- You will not see their posts;
- They will not be able to send you PMs;
- They will not be able to send you email vial the Board links;
- They will not be able to leave you visitor messages.
By all means if someone is violating the TOS use the little red triangle to send us an alert. But if you are thinking of sending the staff a PM or email because a certain poster:
- Will not answer your questions;
- Will not back up their opinions to your satisfaction;
- Will not change their mind no matter how obvious things are to everyone else.
Please, consider adding them to your ignore list.
NOTE: Do NOT post a message saying you are doing so, that's a TOS violation by you. Put them on the list and be happy.
FAQ entry on troublesome users
Your Ignore List
Your Privacy Settings
Various other settings you may want to set.
05-22-2010, 09:41 AM #2
There is some good reading in here.
Best Practices Dealing with your fellow postersBy WS Admin in forum The RulesReplies: 0Last Post: 11-22-2009, 02:53 PM