Thread: Canada - Paolo Renda, 70, Montreal, 20 May 2010 - Possibly Kidnapped

tarabull is offline Sometimes learning is finding out what we already know.

Canada - Paolo Renda, 70, Montreal, 20 May 2010 - Possibly Kidnapped

I didn't see a thread for Mr. Renda:

Montreal mobster goes missing
    Last edited by tarabull; 05-24-2010 at 12:08 AM. Reason: fix date

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Well if it is not him one of his buddies was just found in Toronto.

You're going to want to read this...

Toronto mob ties eyed in Montreal attacks
    February 17, 2010

[snipped...]MONTREAL – Could a fiery turf war be erupting between the Toronto Mafia and its brethren in Montreal?
    KINDLY NOTE: Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy any post made by me.
    Further, my posts are merely my humble opinion unless otherwise supported by a linked source for back-up. Thank you.

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare

Police in Toronto, Montreal work to ID body in barrel dumped in Lake Ontario

[snipped...] TORONTO - Toronto police are working with their counterparts in Montreal and Ontario on the identity of a body found encased in concrete inside a rusted barrel dumped in Lake Ontario.

A Montreal police spokesman said Monday he supposed the contact among police forces may be related to a suspected kidnapping in Quebec last week.

"We had a missing person last week. It may be that. It's one of the suppositions that I'm making," said Const. Daniel Lacoursiere in Montreal, who added that he did not know "exactly" why Toronto police were in touch and that he could say no more.

Paolo Renda, a reputed major player in the Vito Rizzuto crime family in Montreal, is missing and believed to have been kidnapped from his car near his home Thursday afternoon.

The police in Toronto were not saying Monday whose body they think is in the barrel and would not provide details of their communication with police in Quebec.
    KINDLY NOTE: Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy any post made by me.
    Further, my posts are merely my humble opinion unless otherwise supported by a linked source for back-up. Thank you.

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

And you all thought I just watch to much of The Soprano's

HELLO - his body - encased in cement in a barrel - was dumped in the lake from a construction site!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Unidentified body found in Verdun

Updated: Sat May. 29 2010 2:56:44 PM
    ctvmontreal.ca
    The body of an unidentified man in his 60s has washed up on the shore of the St. Lawrence River in Verdun.

A man bird watching called 9-1-1 at 10:30 a.m. Saturday after he spotted the corpse across from a park at 6319 Lasalle Blvd.

The clothing and description do not match that of missing 70-year-old Paolo Renda, said Montreal police Const. Olivier Lapointe. Renda, who is linked to the Montreal Mafia, disappeared on May 20. His vehicle was found with the keys still in the ignition near his home in Cartierville. He is presumed kidnapped
    http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=MontrealHome
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

Do we have any information on Renda's biological family? I'm wondering if LE even has DNA to make a comparison.

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Body in Toronto barrel not that of Renda

The cement-encased body pulled out of Lake Ontario by Toronto police on Sunday is not that of Paolo Renda, the Montreal Mafia leader who vanished mysteriously last Thursday.

Toronto police identified the victim as 47-year-old Quang Lu, who had been living in Thornhill, Ont. when he went missing in 2007.

http://mafiatoday.com/canadian-mafia/body-in-toronto-barrel-not-that-of-renda/
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Reputed Montreal mobster sent to jail

A man considered by police to be an influential member of a Mafia clan has been sentenced to a three-year prison term for walking around with a pistol during a turbulent time in the city's underworld.

Nicola Di Marco, 41, of St. Léonard, was arrested last summer, when several people tied to the Rizzuto organization were on alert following the kidnapping of Paolo Renda in May and the killing of Agostino Cuntrera in June.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

Charges expected after shooting of Raynald Desjardins

Charges are expected to be filed Monday in Laval court against a man believed to have been acting as a bodyguard for Raynald Desjardins, an alleged associate of the Rizzuto organization who was targeted in a shooting on Friday.

[snip]

The apparent attempt on Desjardins’s life is the latest in a series of violence where members of the Rizzuto clan and their associates were the targets. While Vito Rizzuto has been jailed in the U.S., for taking part in the 1981 murders of three Mafia capos in Brooklyn, New York, his son Nick and father Nicolo Sr. have been murdered in Montreal. Rizzuto’s brother-in-law Paolo Renda, another leader in the organization, went missing in May 2010 and Agostino Cuntrera, an influential figure in the organization, was murdered weeks later.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Tumultuous times await Vito Rizzuto

Vito Rizzuto is expected to be released from U.S. custody in the fall after serving five years of his eight-year sentence.

In less than six months, Vito Rizzuto, a man described in the past as "the Godfather" of the Mafia in Montreal, is expected to return to a city whose underworld has undergone a seismic change in his absence.

[snip]

Vito Rizzuto's son Nicolo Jr. was killed in 2009, the first clear sign the clan was vulnerable. Months later, Rizzuto's brother-in-law, Paolo Renda, was apparently kidnapped and on Nov. 10, 2010, his father Nicolo was fatally shot in his home on Antoine Berthelet Ave. - the clearest sign someone was trying to seize control over what remained of the Mafia in Montreal.

Police worry Rizzuto may want revenge

The reputed boss of the Montreal mafia is due to be released from a US prison in October, and police here are on the alert for strikes against his enemies.

[snip]

Rizzuto's son Nicolo Rizzuto Jr. and father Nicolo Rizutto were killed and his brother-in-law, Paolo Renda is missing and presumed dead.

More: http://www.cjad.com/CJADLocalNews/en...tryID=10413459