901 users online (186 members and 715 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MI - Courtney Delano, 19, pregnant, murdered, Portage, 22 May 2010

Man charged with killing pregnant girlfriend in Portage had just been let out of jail
    May 23, 2010, 11:55PM

Rollon Marko was released from jail on a domestic-violence case just hours before the 26-year-old Portage resident allegedly killed Courtney Delano, his pregnant 19-year-old girlfriend, Portage police confirm.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...ing_pregn.html

I wish this young lady had taken heed to the concerns of her friends and family. Why oh why do women continue to get sucked into these abusive, controlling relationships? What is it in us that continues to want to "save" or "fix" these sick young men?

So very sad.

RIP
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

How horrible!
    In the comments after the story someone mentioned that she was going to name the baby Logan, so I'm guessing the baby was a boy.

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

i've seen girls named logan.

Angry

Why do they constantly let these men out knowing they will go right after these helpless women who called for help. I thought we are suppose to protect the innocent seems as though that has been placed on the back burner with all the budget cuts going around they let them out early and back on our streets to hurt innocent people Rest in Peace Honey no one can hurt you anymore

RIP sweet girl and baby Logan, how tragically sad
    My Beautiful Precious , I miss you so much!

Again!

Thankfully I have no clue to what goes on in an abusive relationship. I can't fathom. However, I do know I'd be da*n frightened to go and get a piece of paper that would jail the person who beats me senseless. It seems the piece of paper should be a permit for the abused to carry.

Of course carrying a firearm can't be the answer, but that piece of paper what does it do?

Poor girl and her baby. I am so sorry Courtney you couldn't be protected.

Myspace

Courtney's Myspace is private however it's entitled "Single Mama" but the URL says "Rollon's Girl".

http://www.myspace.com/rollonsgirl

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local...-expected-this

After Saturday's shooting, Reynolds went to the hospital. But it was too late, DeLano and her unborn son, who she'd already named Logan, had already died.

"Murder Victim's Mom: I Expected This"

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local...-expected-this

Courtney's mom looked at a friend a few weeks ago after a fight between her daughter and her murder and said "He's going to kill her and there's nothing I can do about it".

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Courtney's Myspace is private however it's entitled "Single Mama" but the URL says "Rollon's Girl".

http://www.myspace.com/rollonsgirl
    All this means was when she first signed up for myspace they were together. You can change your name and all the other info but the url stays the same.
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

'hes gonna kill her and there's nothing i can do about it".

did she try? yeah i know, victim family. but i think that's a bizzare comment

Quote Originally Posted by dink1466 View Post
    Why do they constantly let these men out knowing they will go right after these helpless women who called for help. I thought we are suppose to protect the innocent seems as though that has been placed on the back burner with all the budget cuts going around they let them out early and back on our streets to hurt innocent people Rest in Peace Honey no one can hurt you anymore
    I don't know why they continue to let them out.
    But the helpless label in my opinion is part of the problem.
    Mom thought he was going to kill and she was resigned to it?
    A restraining order will do nothing to protect you from a lunatic.
    It will help your defense when you shoot them for violating, but you cannot rely on one.

We lost a family member to domestic violence so please don't think I am blaming the victim. That is not my point. My MIL died in a very very ugly divorce dispute. There were tons of warning signs. Family members begged her to move (resources were not an issue). I agreed with her stance that she shouldn't have to leave her house, but the situation was way beyond right and wrong at that point. And he made sure she left that house one way or another.

These situations are so tragic for everyone involved.

Family Questions Police In Death Of Daughter
    Posted Wednesday May 26, 2010 17 minutes ago

The family of a 19-year-old Portage woman recently killed by her live-in boyfriend want to know why he had weapons, despite his violent history. Rollon Marko allegedly shot and killed Courtney DeLano at the home the two shared Saturday.

DeLano's mother says the 26-year-old had assaulted Courtney in the past and was already facing several other charges including assaulting police. Detectives say his past offenses were all misdemeanors. He had to be convicted of a felony to lose his guns.

http://www.wkzo.com/news/articles/20...eath-daughter/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast