Sex Offenders Legally Working In Carnival Business

DollyPardonMe

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
This just makes me sick!! There are registered sex offenders working in the Carnival business here in Los Angeles!! The owner goes under aliases and he and one of his employees go around to the carnivals walking around the children and they are BOTH convicted sex offenders!
If this is going on here in Los Angeles, how many more places do you think it is happening? UGH, it just get's me so ANGRY!

Here is the CBS article:

http://cbs2.com/goldstein/Sex.Offenders.Carnivals.2.1706931.html

I do not understand how this can be allowed to happen! In my younger days... many years ago, I remember the carnivals I went to and the carnival workers creeped me out then.

I do not understand how this can be allowed to happen! In my younger days... many years ago, I remember the carnivals I went to and the carnival workers creeped me out then.

We were never allowed to go to carnivals as kids. My mom swore we were gonna get grabbed up.

In all honesty I just always assume there are sex offenders working and lurking anywhere kids are. They're cons. They know there will be alot of kids in a place the kids are having so much fun. Nobody is on their guard.

There just was a case they ruled sex offenders can't work in a certain situation. Oh it's in Louisianna I think. The registered sex offender who worked for the cab company murdered a young boy. Extremely sad and senseless.

Oh I believe it -- I know you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but some of those guys - OMG. I never take my son to the carnival just for that reason.

MOO

Mel

Oh I believe it -- I know you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but some of those guys - OMG. I never take my son to the carnival just for that reason.

MOO

Mel

Now that's not nice,mgardner.;)

Meanwhile I found something old on this guy Scovotto. It's archived and you have to pay to read it so I can't link it. From the few lines and heading I could get he was the brainchild behind a Santa Clause workshop.:banghead:

In 2006 assemblymember ted w. Lieu wrote statute ab 1900 which prohibits sex offenders whose crime was against a child under 16 yrs of age from being an employer or independent contractor working in an unaccompianed setting with children. Those guys are breaking the law, why doesn't someone enforce it? You can see this law at>www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/05-06/bill/asm/ab_1851-1900_bill_20060920_chaptered.hmtl<

Not to judge but I remember when I was little an amusement park was in town that didn't travel and it appeared may of the workers workers were S.O. I bet they were and they are still there. They always tried to pick up underage girls. What did we know?

These places are not healthy places for children to go unless they are with their parents.

Goz

The issue is that these laws are not enforced. It is easy to get fake identification off of the black market and hide your registered sex offender status. Carnivals aren't really screened for this kind of matter. If this is happening in Los Angeles, then it is most likely happening in a lot more locations.

The carnival that comes to my daughters town sets up in a field across from the elementary school every year. This year the town announced they will have extra security because of the problems they have had in the past with the carnival workers going across to the schools play area at night and doing drugs, leaving syringes behind.
As bad as leaving syringes behind is, the thing that alarms me is that people who are under the influence of drugs are assembling and operating the carnival rides the kids are riding on. My daughters said they never let the grandkids go to that carnival, but I'll bet its a common problem and happens in most carnivals.
jmo

Rest easy California and in particular I send this out to Miss Dollywood Pardon Me.

Go get that cotton candy and put your limbs and life in the hands of some jacked up non sex offender who runs rides.

California has taken the measure to keep everyone safe at State Fairs. It's under parole conditions that RSO's are not allowed to attend State Fairs. What? But they're allowed to run carnivals?

Yes sir, you have roughly 7,000 RSO's presently with a GPS tracking device on for the purpose of checking they don't go to State Fairs. Parole Officers will have laptops in their cars to check on them.

Don't you feel safer already? Are you kiddin me? They think this will work? JMO, but I'd say that's giving folks a false sense of security, no? Now I have to find my link.

http://www.capradio.org/articles/articledetail.aspx?articleid=8509

If they would treat the sex offenders the same way they treat illegals in this country maybe our children would be a little safer. They should fine people who hire them, without the proper paper work. I think they should have child predator tattooed somewhere on their body. I don't think we should classify them all as one. For instance there was a case in our office. The kid was 18 and his girlfriend was 17 the mother didn't like the boy so he went down for statutory rape. He got 8 years and will be know as a child molester for the rest of his life.

Rest easy California and in particular I send this out to Miss Dollywood Pardon Me.

Go get that cotton candy and put your limbs and life in the hands of some jacked up non sex offender who runs rides.

California has taken the measure to keep everyone safe at State Fairs. It's under parole conditions that RSO's are not allowed to attend State Fairs. What? But they're allowed to run carnivals?

Yes sir, you have roughly 7,000 RSO's presently with a GPS tracking device on for the purpose of checking they don't go to State Fairs. Parole Officers will have laptops in their cars to check on them.

Don't you feel safer already? Are you kiddin me? They think this will work? JMO, but I'd say that's giving folks a false sense of security, no? Now I have to find my link.

http://www.capradio.org/articles/articledetail.aspx?articleid=8509

With the hundreds of thousand of them roaming around I'm sure they are all well tracked. By the time they find them the child is gone. I know it's not your fault Filly your just reporting the story. I just get really really angry when it comes to some of these guys.

With the hundreds of thousand of them roaming around I'm sure they are all well tracked. By the time they find them the child is gone. I know it's not your fault Filly your just reporting the story. I just get really really angry when it comes to some of these guys.

Indeed legalmania. I get more angry that the system pretends it can actually keep track, and some people believe it.

We had a thread about a Family Day event at a sex offender lock up, diagnostic hoojiebob. A carnival where you bring kids at Avenel. Shockingly a child was molested.:banghead: So this GPS tracking "You're not allowed at the Fair" crapolla is a real great idea.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back