False & Conflicting Statements of Tammi & Jack Smith

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
Tammi and Jack Smith have made a number of false and conflicting statements in regards to Gabe's case. We've documented them throughout the many threads in Gabe's forum. I thought it would be helpful to have them all in one place.

As you come across them in the threads, please take a moment to copy them over to this thread.

Please be sure when that when you document a false/conflicting statement herein, that you include only statements that are direct quotes from Tammi or Jack, and that you definitely 'prove' that the statement is false/conflicting. Please be sure to include credible source reference links.

Please discuss the 'may be' false or conflicting statements in the other threads as we have been. Proven false/conflicting statements only for this thread.

After we get a number of the statements documented in here, we can put together a list of them and send them to LE and the prosecutor's office for further investigation.

Thanks!
BeanE

1) On January 15, 2009, on the Nancy Grace show, Tammi Smith stated in a recorded interview that LE believes she set Elizabeth Johnson up with a couple to hand Gabe off to.

2) Approximately January 22, 2009, in a recorded phone call with Elizabeth Johnson, Tammi infers that LE had researched and found that she does not know anyone in San Antonio, further inferring that LE did not believe she set up Elizabeth with the couple for the handoff of Gabe.

Source reference for #1 - Tammi Smith on Nancy Grace, Jan 15:

TAMMI SMITH: Yes, questioned about the same things, about, you know, If you come forward now, you know, and come clean, you know -- and there`s nothing to come clean. I didn`t -- you know, they think that I set her up with a couple. I did not set her up with a couple. They can search through every ounce of my computers and see that I never -- you know, there was nothing. There is absolutely nothing. I would have had to take a flight somewhere and go sit in an airport, looking for a couple for her to adopt the kid out -- you know, the baby out to, you know? And it just doesn`t make sense. I mean, there is -- there is -- we have nothing. There is nothing. And they`re grabbing at straws, trying to find that...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/15/ng.01.html

Source reference for #2 - Tammi Smith in recorded phone conversation with Elizabeth Johnson approximately Jan 22:

Elizabeth: Yeah you set it all up they were your friends.
Tammi: No they weren't! Then what's their names if they're my friends?
Elizabeth: I don't know you set it all up in San Antonio.
Tammi: I talked about San Antonio? Elizabeth I don't know anyone in San Antonio, they already did the research and found I don't know anyone in San Antonio. There are no dots that connect me to you in San Antonio.

Tammi to Elizabeth, January 22:

Tammi: No, I told you instead of running and hiding and changing your identity go to a shelter...

Tammi on nationwide TV (Nancy Grace):

TAMMI: before Elizabeth went missing, she let us know that she was going to a domestic violence shelter...

Tammi on nationwide TV (The Today Show):

MATT LAUER, HOST, “TODAY” SHOW: Did she share anything with you about her whereabouts, who she was dealing with, who she was in contact with that you have not shared with police at this date?

TAMMI PETERS SMITH: There`s nothing that she said that we have not shared with the police since day one. She never, ever gave any specific details. It was always, you know, whether it be a domestic violence shelter, the underground.

Note: I'll clean this up and add the links in a bit.

Can I just tell you all how much I love posting recorded statements by Tammi Smith? It's, like, one of my very most favorite things to do.

Tammi to Elizabeth, January 22:

Tammi: No, I told you instead of running and hiding and changing your identity go to a shelter...

Tammi on nationwide TV (Nancy Grace):

TAMMI: before Elizabeth went missing, she let us know that she was going to a domestic violence shelter...

Tammi on nationwide TV (The Today Show):

MATT LAUER, HOST, “TODAY” SHOW: Did she share anything with you about her whereabouts, who she was dealing with, who she was in contact with that you have not shared with police at this date?

TAMMI PETERS SMITH: There`s nothing that she said that we have not shared with the police since day one. She never, ever gave any specific details. It was always, you know, whether it be a domestic violence shelter, the underground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here, ladies and gentlemen, is the Find of the Day from our very own super sleuth Kappy50!

Tammi: I talked about San Antonio? Elizabeth I don't know anyone in San Antonio, they already did the research and found I don't know anyone in San Antonio. There are no dots that connect me to you in San Antonio.

Elizabeth: Then it was Jack's friends like you said.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/phoenix/missing-baby-jailhouse-phone-call-5-3-2010

==================

Reporter: Investigators also interviewed a former friend... actually a current friend... of the Smiths who lives in San Antonio but they knew him in Nashville. But those investigators did not reveal what they questioned that man about.

Video: http://www.kpho.com/video/22340382/index.html @ 2:11

:croc: :croc: :croc:

Great find, kappy, my friend! Here's a :beagle: for you! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note: I'll clean this up in a bit.

The couple who met baby Gabriel in an airport and spent the past seven months trying to adopt him have been named "persons of interest" in his disappearance.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/01/07/20100107missingbaby0108.html#ixzz0zHjrL2QF

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/07/ng.01.html

GRACE: Do you think, Tammi, that she is capable of killing this baby?

TAMMI PETERS SMITH, PLANNED TO ADOPT BABY GABRIEL: From what I know of her, I don`t believe so, but I`ve only known her maybe three or four weeks.

Is it just me or is this conflicting? If TPS and JS only knew EJ for 3-4 weeks then how is it possible they were trying to adopt Gabriel for the past 7 months? He disappeared at 8 months so wouldn't that mean that they had been trying to adopt him since he was about 1 month old? How could they be trying to adopt him for that long and only have known EJ 3-4 weeks? Wouldn't they have had to have been speaking to her to discuss the adoption? If I'm wrong here please correct me.

BBM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back