Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #7-

Quote Originally Posted by harleysnana View Post
    They wrote to her…
    she sent back …

“Ha Ha Ha I’ve invoked my right to remain silent.. or did my attorney not tell you that”
    (may not be the exact words she said but it was something very similar)

... that's it!
    The "ha ha" part speaks volumes.
    "In the end, everything will be made known. Everything will come out. And in the meantime, smile and say "cheese." - Jodi Arias

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to snowshuze For This Useful Post:

<sigh> I don't sleep well anymore.
    "In the end, everything will be made known. Everything will come out. And in the meantime, smile and say "cheese." - Jodi Arias

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to snowshuze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post
    The tweet said:An ABC4 Exclusive...we finally hear from the mom accused of killing her son: Stephanie Sloop speaks out from jail. Tune in at 6 &10pm.

http://twitter.com/KelliOharaABC4
    No where on her tweet page does it say she is on the way to jail for the interview. ??

The letter could very well be Stepjahine speaking out from jail.
    Yes, it's an earlier tweet. Then after awhile it said she was done with the interview & wanting McDonalds fries.

ETA: It definately could have been any inmate she was interviewing, that's why I put the ??? on my post. It didn't say for sure that it was SS. Sorry for any confusion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhyme & Reason For This Useful Post:

That doesn't say jail and it's Wed.
    No, go back. It's before that one.

sleuthy sleutherson is offline Love is patient, love is kind, love is not envious, boastful, arrogant or rude
    Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    Taken from link Paintr put on thread, post #79

New law for Ethan wants the following areas addressed:

1. State to State Communication
    2. Fast-Track Background Checks
    3. Bias Towards Mother's Having Custody
    4. Psychological Evaluations for all parties involved in the care of the child/children
    5. Emergency Petitions being taken seriously and addressed
    6. The child/children being heard and given a voice (especially when the child/children express "concern" for either parent/persons involved
    7. The "Boyfriend Factor"
    8. Welfare Checks being conducted
    9. Detailed information on everyone who will be living with or who will be around the child/children on a regular basis during the visit, particularly those responsible for the child/children
    10. Due process if a parent who abandoned his/her child wants to regain custody and have visitation rights

Some of these are really important - abandoning a child and expecting to regain custody is worth the effort to pursue.
    Background checks on any boyfriend is certainly important

I wonder about giving a small child a 'voice' because seems to me that he/she could be in the middle of two very loved parents. moo

Psyc evals for everyone - that would be expensive, they are given by Psychologists are very comprehensive and very expensive. Certainly worth it, but can't imagine taxpayer monies paying for such a huge expense.

Joe and Steph had mediation - wonder if that is an option in their proposal Very interesting and sure hope it propels change. moo

http://www.examiner.com/x-19632-Salt...n-Stacy-photos
    I agree with many things here, but giving a small child a voice is probably not the best. Children love their parents and are not aware that some of their actions could leave a negative lasting impact on them. My son loves his father and I don't blame him, but drinking way too often, sleeping all day and leaving a four year old to take care of himself and showing up to his four year olds christmas program reeking of booze are way inappropriate and these are certainly not things that would make my son love his father any less....right now, someday he will know these actions are not good for a child his age, but for right now we have to protect our children from this sort of behavior, just because they love each other doesn't mean these things should be overlooked. We live in the same town and he has not asked to see our son in well over a month, DB.
    Our lives begin to end the day we become
    silent about things that matter

I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be "happy."
    I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible,
    to be honorable, to be compassionate. It is, above all, to matter:
    to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sleuthy sleutherson For This Useful Post:

Friendly Reminder

Dear Posters:

Please remember that it is against TOS to post here things you have copied and pasted from social networking sites and blogs. Links only for those.

Thanks,

Hoppy
    mod
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hoppyfrog For This Useful Post:

Check it out tonight at 6pm on ABC4 news! is the tweet right after that one on the 24th. It was a different interview with someone else in jail.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top...medium=twitter
    Ok, thanks.

cakegirl0905 is offline Me and My Gas Can. It is a part of me, and I am a part of it. :p
    She wants McDonald's fries?!?!? I'm sure Ethan would have liked some too. And I am also sure that it something happened to my child it would be months before I could eat much more than to keep me alive.

That stupid, good for nothing &$%($%*(#$%(#$^&$( !

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cakegirl0905 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cakegirl0905 View Post
    She wants McDonald's fries?!?!? I'm sure Ethan would have liked some too. And I am also sure that it something happened to my child it would be months before I could eat much more than to keep me alive.

That stupid, good for nothing &$%($%*(#$%(#$^&$( !
    I think it was the reporter wanting McDonald's fries, not SS. This was a tweet on her page.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunflowerchick For This Useful Post:

cakegirl0905 is offline Me and My Gas Can. It is a part of me, and I am a part of it. :p
    Oh, oops, OK. I was pretty mad about that-my bad.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cakegirl0905 For This Useful Post:

They wrote to her…
    she sent back …

“Ha Ha Ha I’ve invoked my right to remain silent.. or did my attorney not tell you that”

... that's it!
    Dumb___ doesn't know what the heck that means.

I'm glad she wrote that... showing the world how broken up and remorseful she is and all.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    They wrote to her…
    she sent back …

... that's it!
    BBM~

If SS used that word I find it downright eerie...
    sounds like she is casting a spell or something. I guess I watched too many episodes of "Charmed"... MOO

And WHEN exactly did she invoke this right? cause she stayed "silent" for days while Ethan suffered!!!!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:

They wrote to her…
    she sent back …

... that's it!
    what a stupid ____________. How idiotic are you? I'm really glad that jail has given her time to reflect and feel sorry about what she's done. <---sarcasm. Instead she has used the time for stupid jokes that she finds humorous.
    "Whenever I despair, I remember that the way of truth and love has always won. There may be tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they may seem invincible, but in the end, they always fail. Think of it: ALWAYS"
    Gandhi

Rest in Peace Little Ethan. You will not be forgotten. :Justice:

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monkeymama For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    BBM~

If SS used that word I find it downright eerie...
    sounds like she is casting a spell or something. I guess I watched too many episodes of "Charmed"... MOO

And WHEN exactly did she invoke this right? cause she stayed "silent" for days while Ethan suffered!!!!
    Believe me, as a pagan, she is not invoking it in that sense. Any spell/ritual we do is not harmful in nature nor manic like she is.

And I agree, she has been silent too long. Her silence caused the death of her son. What got me was the "Ha ha ha." Truly psychotic.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scuterputer For This Useful Post:

I have a question... are we positive she wrote that response? TIA

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ella971 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Scuterputer View Post
    Believe me, as a pagan, she is not invoking it in that sense. Any spell/ritual we do is not harmful in nature nor manic like she is.

And I agree, she has been silent too long. Her silence caused the death of her son. What got me was the "Ha ha ha." Truly psychotic.
    I know what you're saying, but she's not psychotic. She's fully aware of what she did and the consequences of those actions. And her comment proves she understands she has rights under the law. So there goes that defense out the window.

Keep talking, SS. The noose draws ever tighter.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog View Post
    Dear Posters:

Please remember that it is against TOS to post here things you have copied and pasted from social networking sites and blogs. Links only for those.

Thanks,

Hoppy
    mod

thank you hoppy!

I've asked specifically about that before and have never gotten an answer.. so I just went about posted... now I know!
    currently afflicted with the worst case of 'pregnancy brain' that I've ever had! Be back to normal in approximately 7 months.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cc81 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    I know what you're saying, but she's not psychotic. She's fully aware of what she did and the consequences of those actions. And her comment proves she understands she has rights under the law. So there goes that defense out the window.

Oh yes, she understands, but I still think shes psychotic. Manic, evil, all that. Just makes my stomach turn, especially when she did the haha part

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scuterputer For This Useful Post:

Has drug use been proved at this point? Thank You all for answering my questions.

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post

You know, I keep up with this case but find that I have to hit and run because the intensity of the evil of these two is absolutely frightening and I can only take this horror alittle at a time!! How is it possible that she can write the words HA HA? This to me tells me that there is no excuse of drugs playing much of a role in their evil-there has been plenty of time for any drug to have left her system and she is still cold to her very bones!!
    She cannot even muster a lame attempt at some kind of remorse?? This is a level of evil that I cannot even begin to wrap my head around!!
    RIP Ethan-I am so sorry this happened to you!!

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

37. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to essies For This Useful Post:

gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuterputer View Post

Agreed.. I meant no ill will towards you! I have many friends/Reiki therapists. I know exactly what you are saying.
    I was wondering if she hadn't gotten into something "darker" I doubt it but I won't discuss it ~ nothing points that way,yet.

sleuthy sleutherson is offline Love is patient, love is kind, love is not envious, boastful, arrogant or rude
    Quote Originally Posted by essies View Post
    You know, I keep up with this case but find that I have to hit and run because the intensity of the evil of these two is absolutely frightening and I can only take this horror alittle at a time!! How is it possible that she can write the words HA HA? This to me tells me that there is no excuse of drugs playing much of a role in their evil-there has been plenty of time for any drug to have left her system and she is still cold to her very bones!!
    She cannot even muster a lame attempt at some kind of remorse?? This is a level of evil that I cannot even begin to wrap my head around!!
    I agree with you and have already stated that even if drugs were involved this sort of evil was already within them, the drugs would only have intensified the torture they did IMO. Don't get me wrong drugs will most certainly cause people to do things they normally wouldn't but and have less awarness and concern of their actions but this is way beyond that, it's not like they were out stealing and neglecting Ethan because of drugs, they were in full destroy mode which is not normal for anyone regardless. She had already neglected him by not seeing him for 8 months so I doubt drugs played much part in any of the horrific pain they caused to Ethan.

to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sleuthy sleutherson For This Useful Post:

They wrote to her…
    she sent back …

... that's it!
    What an idiot.
    We speak for those who can no longer speak for themselves

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SusanB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by essies View Post
    Yep. Sociopathic. No remorse. No empathy. No heart.

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    Taken from link Paintr put on thread, post #79

New law for Ethan wants the following areas addressed:

1. State to State Communication
    2. Fast-Track Background Checks
    3. Bias Towards Mother's Having Custody
    4. Psychological Evaluations for all parties involved in the care of the child/children
    5. Emergency Petitions being taken seriously and addressed
    6. The child/children being heard and given a voice (especially when the child/children express "concern" for either parent/persons involved
    7. The "Boyfriend Factor"
    8. Welfare Checks being conducted
    9. Detailed information on everyone who will be living with or who will be around the child/children on a regular basis during the visit, particularly those responsible for the child/children
    10. Due process if a parent who abandoned his/her child wants to regain custody and have visitation rights

Some of these are really important - abandoning a child and expecting to regain custody is worth the effort to pursue.
    Background checks on any boyfriend is certainly important

I wonder about giving a small child a 'voice' because seems to me that he/she could be in the middle of two very loved parents. moo

Psyc evals for everyone - that would be expensive, they are given by Psychologists are very comprehensive and very expensive. Certainly worth it, but can't imagine taxpayer monies paying for such a huge expense.

Joe and Steph had mediation - wonder if that is an option in their proposal Very interesting and sure hope it propels change. moo

http://www.examiner.com/x-19632-Salt...n-Stacy-photos
    How do you get psych evals ordered? Anyone know? Can you request through your attorney? I'm all for this but I'm concerned that people who are smart know how to answer questions the way the pysch wants them to answer, does this make since? But I'm very interested in knowing how you can and if you can just request one.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to sleuthy sleutherson For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast