1054 users online (228 members and 826 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Myra Manley, 19, Philadelphia, 2 Sept 1983

Missing since September 2, 1983 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

•Date Of Birth: April 26, 1964
    •Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
    •Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 110 lbs.
    •Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair, hazel eyes.
    •Marks, Scars: Mole under right breast. Scar on right hand near the palm that is very noticeable.
    •Clothing: Myra was last seen wearing a tiger-print halter top, purple terrycloth shorts and brown canvas shoes.
    •Dentals: Available. All four wisdom teeth had been extracted. Previous braces. She also had a chipped upper front tooth (possibly the left) that had been repaired.
    •DNA: Available in Codis.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Manley was last seen her father's residence at the Presidential Apartments on City Line Avenue in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on the afternoon of Friday, September 2, 1983. She was going to swim in the apartment complex pool. She never returned to the apartment, and no trace of her has ever been found.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2105dfpa.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/manley_myra.html

Myra is remembered

Respectfully snipped "
    The namesake of Pepe's organization, Myra Manley, vanished Sept. 2, 1983, not long after a falling out with a boyfriend. Manley, who was 19, has not been seen or heard from since, according to the state's missing-persons website. "

Read more: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/home_...#ixzz0ujrRXyaH
    This is a friend of Myra's, coincidentally the place is in Jenna Lord's hometown. The link in the article doesn't work, this one should http://myrasplace.org/

Was her boyfriend investigated?

http://doenetwork.org/cases/72uftx.html

Could this be Myra??? The height and build are close, the hair colour is right and the previous braces. The anthropologist thinks the body had been there a year but in a warm climate like Texas, wouldn't decomposition be faster, especially if the body had been left in an open field?

I don't think that one can be a match based on dental. On Namus, it says for that case that teeth 1 and 16 had not erupted - the upper wisdom teeth had not come in. The lower jaw was not recovered so no info on those. One of the front teeth was post-mortem missing so no way to verify if it was chipped or not.

This is so sad to me. From 1983 - 1987 I attended college just up the street from here. From 1984 - 1985 I worked in the restaurant at the base of the Presidential Apartments. Until this day in 2013, I had never even heard of Myra Manley.

The public is much more willing and able to help in disappearances. It is so sad that the word does not get out in a timely manner.

God Bless you Myra. I hope you are found some day.

Tang, what are the presidential apartments like? Is the building in a good area?

Bump for Myra

Does that apartment building still exist?

Yesterday Philadelphia Police arrested a man connected to DNA for two murders of women in 1989. He is not cooperating with Police. I am wondering if there were more as yet unknown or not connected to him.
    Unless otherwise noted, my posts are opinions or theories only and may not be used outside of WS unless permission is requested in advance.
    Any general subject matter photographs posted by me are solely to give other WS members an "on the ground" frame of reference of satellite views and are visible to anyone from public roads and access points. They may not be used outside of WS unless permission is requested in advance

Please help find Lauren Jackson Missing since 1988 Spring City PA

Pennsylvania Missing Persons Cases:
    Lauren Jackson, Amanda DeGuio, Ray Gricar, Kortne Stouffer, Jamie Metzger, Toni Sharpless, Anna Maciejewska

Did they say the names of the two murdered women?

I wish there was more about her and her story online.

Me too. What was the layout of the pool? Were there doors from the pool that led to the outside?