1075 users online (245 members and 830 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MD - Baltimore, BlkFem UP2744, 25-35, in vacant house, clipboard & beeper, Sep'99

I found this case in Namus UP #2744

This unidentified female was found September 9, 1999 in Baltimore, Maryland in an abandoned building.

Estimated Height - 5'0

Age - 25-35

Skeletal Parts Only

https://identifyus.org/cases/2744

I found this possible match:

Emma Mae Bland

Missing since July 6, 1999

Height: 5' although I have seen her height listed at 4'9 to 4'10 on another site

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1876/0

This doe was found less than a mile from where Emma was last seen.

The one thing I'm not sure of is if someone would be skeletonized if they were in an abandoned building for 2 months. Since the body would have been there during the hottest months of the summer, would it be possible to be skeletonized?
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-28-2013 at 08:48 PM.

This is definitely worth a call-in. And yes, a body can completely skeletonize in two months under the right conditions.

If the bones were inside an abandoned house, it seems strange that all of the parts are not all there, unless the house was left open to animals. If so, that also would greatly speed up the skeletonization.

Here's the Google Earth Map

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...24526&t=h&z=16

Here's her Charley Page
    Emma Mae Bland
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bland_edna.html

Thanks for your input Carl. Do I call MD ME or do I contact the Namus case manager?

I find what they found with the body extremely interesting:

One pair of panties, beeper, clipboard, lipstick, key chain

As soon as I saw beeper, I thought drugs, but then why a clipboard, a single lipstick (as opposed to makeup bag, was it in a pocket? and a key chain. (Empty or with keys?) Could be jogger, but nah, the clipboard gets me. Who carries around a clip board with them? Survey takers? Door to door sales people? Census people? Any other ideas? Wonder what Emma did for a living. Hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post

As soon as I saw beeper, I thought drugs, but then why a clipboard, a single lipstick (as opposed to makeup bag, was it in a pocket? and a key chain. (Empty or with keys?) Could be jogger, but nah, the clipboard gets me. Who carries around a clip board with them? Survey takers? Door to door sales people? Census people? Any other ideas? Wonder what Emma did for a living. Hmmm?
    That thought crossed my mind as well. I had thought about a census taker but the timing was off.

The JD was found in an abandoned building. Is it possible she was participating in a HUD homeless survey. I don't know when that started but you'd sure think if she went missing doing that it would have been big news. ?
    Last edited by Billylee; 05-26-2010 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cj1132 View Post
    Thanks for your input Carl. Do I call MD ME or do I contact the Namus case manager?
    I'd start with the MD ME. That's probably what the NamUs case manager would do, so you are eliminating a middleman by calling the ME directly.

I think back in 1999 it's possible that someone doing well checks for social service agencies would carry a beeper and clipboard. I did when I was a Realtor too. But that was a few years before that and then we went to cell phones. I would definitely call or email it in. That height is just so close.

Could be door-to-door sales. House siding, books, magazine subscriptions greeting cards, Greenpeace memberships etc. A lot of that employment is quite marginal sort of employment in its own way, and has a high employee turnover. They could have beeped her repeatedly to come to the van to be driven out of the area, she didn't come, they all go back to base to do their paperwork without her, she didn't show up to her next shift and they assume she just didn't want the job any more?

Odd that the info doesn't mention anything clipped to the clipboard.

Another option is that she was some sort of sex worker, although by 1999 those would have mostly been carrying mobile phones not beepers. If we were talking 1989 I'd definitely say sex-worker was most likely.

Maybe she was an ACORN worker doing voter registration.

Real Estate Agent would be my guess....why cant they find her via the beeper/pager?
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

UID's Teeth

Why is there a root and no crown??? Gold fillings maybe?

More precisely, gold crowns? Apparently gold can be used because it does not chip, unlike porcelain. Given that her molars appear to be missing the crowns, I wonder if the crowns were taken when she was killed/died.

http://www.animated-teeth.com/dental...owns_types.htm
    Last edited by believe09; 05-26-2010 at 12:17 PM. Reason: sort of answered my own question
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Maybe she was an ACORN worker doing voter registration.

I like this idea....brb
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Question, when Namus file says, as it does in this case, ETOD to be 0-1999. What does that mean? Does it mean they can't tell when she died at all, as in the year 0000? Or does it mean sometime in 1999?

I emailed ACORN in DC at the National offices since Baltimore's offices were shuttered due to the scandal...I asked if pagers and clipboards were assigned to workers and if there was any campaigning going on in Baltimore in the spring or summer of 1999.

I will post what I hear!!
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast