2010.05.26 ~ Hank & Lisa= Unscripted reality show

Maven2379

Reaction score
Website
maven2379.wordpress.com
I'll put this here, I guess, in a way it's about the calls/videos release:

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100526/NEWS/100529593?p=1&tc=pg

Hank Croslin and family in Putnam: an unscripted reality show

But Hank Croslin's life is on TV. In fact, TV and other media have helped make Croslin and his family celebrities in an unscripted reality show -- one that involves a missing 5-year-old girl, illicit drug sales, family feuds and other travails, played out on national television, in Internet blogs, newspapers and television news.

more at link

A lot of people seem to have differing opinions of Lisa and Hank Sr. that don't necessarily fit into some of these threads, so I hope it's okay to start a new topic to discuss them. :)

PALATKA - Hank Croslin never dreamed he would find himself in the situation he is in now -- broke, living in a shelter, two of his children in jail, he and his wife on probation.

"It's like something you see on TV, not in your own life," Croslin said. "It's a scary life."

But Hank Croslin's life is on TV. In fact, TV and other media have helped make Croslin and his family celebrities in an unscripted reality show -- one that involves a missing 5-year-old girl, illicit drug sales, family feuds and other travails, played out on national television, in Internet blogs, newspapers and television news.

<snip>

I also thought it was interesting that Fields pointed out the fact that Hank & Lisa didn't put themselves 'out there', that Misty put herself out there...

I have already put this one up in the media thread.

Quote:
Hank Croslin and family in Putnam: an unscripted reality show
Erica Brough/Staff photographer

Hank Croslin Sr., father of Hank Croslin Jr. and Misty Croslin, says he has had problems with the community harassment and the inability to find a job because of notoriety over the case of missing child Haleigh Cummings.

By Cindy Swirko
Staff writer

Published: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 2:17 p.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 2:17 p.m.

PALATKA - Hank Croslin never dreamed he would find himself in the situation he is in now -- broke, living in a shelter, two of his children in jail, he and his wife on probation. ....

"Another person Hank hangs up on is his mother-in-law, Flora Hollars."

Misty Croslin's attorney, Robert Fields, said he never anticipated the fallout the case has generated. Family members, Fields said, have become caught up in the rise of what he considers tabloid media -- including bloggers and other Internet sites.

Fields characterized some of the blogs and other attention as "venomous" and done by people who have nothing better to to do with their lives.

"In looking at it objectively, (Hank and Lisa) did not directly create the situation, but Misty is partly a product of their parentship," Fields said. "They are public figures, but I don't think they put themselves out there. Misty put herself out there. It is interesting."
4 page long article

IMO, I just don't see how discussing Hank and Lisa is going to help in locating Haleigh or finding out what happened to her. These people have enough to deal with in their situation without my speculation about their lives.

:gomods:
mods, I had already linked this article in the "Dad to Misty" thread.

Also, I put it in the main media thread.

Sorry if you need to consolidate. Wasn't sure it needed it's own thread...but perhaps it does!

Their is an R. Fields quote in this article, articulate, but nothing about a garage sale.

I agree with Fields on the parenting thing.

Hmmm ... at least we agree on something. ;)

I feel for poor old Hank (who's actually younger than me!)-- between the bad economy, his notorious daughter, his illiteracy, and his bad back-- he's in a real catch-22. He might want to wise up and get someone to write letters for him, the Sunshine Laws aren't doing him any favors. mo

I feel for poor old Hank (who's actually younger than me!)-- between the bad economy, his notorious daughter, his illiteracy, and his bad back-- he's in a real catch-22. He might want to wise up and get someone to write letters for him, the Sunshine Laws aren't doing him any favors. mo

Bummer, dude. :angel:

Would love to hear from the person that hired and fired the Croslin gang. Bet LE has actually had a nice long chat with this "former employer".

To their credit, it's worthwhile to mention that Hank and Lisa have managed to stay together, cling to one another, despite the adversity in their lives. If they had been separated or divorced, things might have been worse for their children who appear to lack positive coping skills.

In some ways, I see Hank as an apologist for his family's problems, but I do think that the HaLeigh situation is taking its toll on him. The fact that Lisa didn't want to be interviewed tells me that she, too, is suffering because she brought these wayward children into the world. My thoughts and prayers are with them in their strife.

I too find myself somehow having sympathy for these two, mainly Hank Sr,as he seems to be not as harsh, crazy and/or addicted. But I do realize is he is an addict. But somehow he comes across a more genuine and believable. I believe him when he says things like what was in one of the latest video btwn he and Misty. Misty is talking about some random man that is sending hundreds of dollars to her jail acct and is also sending couple hundred a month to Hank and Lisa(I believe main reason is for Misty to be able to talk to them per paytel mins)but Hank says "he don't want ppl sending him money" he wants to work and make his own money. That if ppl want to help Misty thats fine but don't send him money,send it to Misty. I believe he means this, in that I am sure it is quite inmasculating(ph?) and has taken a toll on his self esteem. I think he does have several pretty major health issues that require surgery(and I believe this is where his addiction stems from)but as far as I can see before the drunk driver accident that Hank was a working manual laborer that did manage to support his (something) family. And most importantly I believe Hank may be the one MOST TRULY CONCERNED FOR THE TRUTH OF HALEIGH TO COME OUT! And yes, partly because of selfish motives(so he can move on somewhat in peace with his life) but I also think he wants it because "that little girl deserves a proper burial"(end quote)... For these reasons I sympathize most with Hank Sr out of the ENTIRE (something) of characters there in Satsuma, FL..
Of course this is just IMHO....

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100526/NEWS/100529593?p=3&tc=pg

snip~"After I'd got healed up, Haleigh had happened, and that's when they [the contractor] got rid of all of us. Tommy was working for them, and Timmy was working for them. They just fired all of us," he said. "I wish we never came here." ~ end snip

Haleigh happened huh Hank?....

I read that too and thought the same thing, like a weather report. "Then the tornado happened and we all got fired", like she was an unfortunate event in their lives. No one can bring themselves to say her name or state what happened among them.

"...He left his home state of Michigan at 16..."

Not sure I can find an appropriate emoticon for this... ;)

I wonder how persistant Hank was, before the trafficking arrests. not very, I'd assume. His daughter, his son, his nephew, & probably his other son are all caught up in this. He's looking at the real possibility of his whole family being wiped out by this case, so I understand his fear. He has reason to be scared. But, what I'd like to hear him say to Misty, is that he doesn't care who in their family gets hurt, enough is enough, tell the truth. He seems to feel the need to look respectable in the public eye, but nothing would bring more respect than putting Haleigh 1st.

Maybe he said "HaLeigh happened" becasue he didn't know the words to express at that point in time.

What exactly should he be saying? ...then HaLeigh got murdered , then HaLeigh was kidnapped, then HaLeigh was given away, then HaLeigh was sold to perverts ect. There are so many stories to choose from, I think I would have said the word happened.

I would have said "then the incident with Haleigh happened" and IMO that is exactly what Hank Sr was trying to say.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back