Art Linkletter, iconic TV and radio showman, has died at 97

A legend and icon in every sense of the word, RIP Art!!!!

So sad. I still have the doll that was given to me when I appeared on KIDS SAY THE DARNEST THINGS. A great man and wonderful memory for me.

As I sat and watched this, with tears flowing down my cheeks, I remember the good times..RIP....Mr. Linkletter!

[video=youtube;EBMOhM31EyM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBMOhM31EyM[/video]

So sad. I still have the doll that was given to me when I appeared on KIDS SAY THE DARNEST THINGS. A great man and wonderful memory for me.

I used to love that show when I was a kid!

RIP Art! You will always be remembered!

Yikes, no offense, but I had no idea he was still alive until now...
RIP

His book on public speaking was so very helpful to me in junior high - still ranks as one of the most important books I have ever read.

RIP

As I sat and watched this, with tears flowing down my cheeks, I remember the good times..RIP....Mr. Linkletter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBMOhM31EyM

Me as well!
He is/was so PRECIOUS!
I remember seeing him on a late night show a few years back (he was already in his 90's) and he said he keeps his mind alert and fresh by remembering something--anything--everyday. I have tried to adhere to that everyday (sometimes I forget :) ).

God rest his soul and condolenses to his family and friends who were blessed to know him personally.

:blowkiss::blowkiss: R.I.P. Thanks for the love & the laughter.

That video is priceless!! Now I am teary-eyed. What a man he was! What a life he had! Rest in Peace Art.... you are loved.

I remember being a little kid and faking illness to stay home from school and a staple of that "sick day" was, of course, lying on the couch and watching Art Linkletter. He made me feel better even when I wasn't feeling bad in the first place.

What a wonderful man! He brought us a lot of joy and laughter. He will always be remembered as one of the most beloved people in show business.

The video is so sweet. It was so nice to see him enjoying the tribute and seeing the audience was all made of people who had been on his show.

So sad. He did live a good life. I stil have the doll I was given when I appeared on his show. He has blessed many people.

He seemed like such a charming, gentle man. I always thought he must be a wonderful father and grandfather. RIP Art

So sad. He did live a good life. I stil have the doll I was given when I appeared on his show. He has blessed many people.

Were you up on the stage and did he talk to you?? And we all want to know..Did you embarrass your parents?? LOL What a wonderful memory!

RIP Art.

I was a tot but I remember laughing at his shows.

One of the early greats if I remember correctly. Such clean laughter back then.

I'm happy he lived a long, successful life.

Goz

I'd truly like to say I once modeled my comedy sets after him but I did not..

he he

He was a master.

RIP Again sir.

Goz

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members