OR OR - Jonathan Peters, 27, Coos Bay, 27 Jan 2006

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
The morning of [Jonathon] Peters's disappearance, he arrived at a friend's house with friend Brian Campbell. Peters went outside, while Campbell stayed in and talked to his girlfriend on the phone. Campbell went to look for Peters and came back two hours later after not finding him.

On July, 20, 2006, Peters's remains were identified four miles south of Coos Bay.<snipped>

http://kezi.com/news/local/175379

Here is a link to a Blog about Jonathan. His sister Anna and his mother searched for Jonathan tirelessly. In deep despair about her brother Anna took her own life. How heart breaking. She left a note instructing family take what little money she had to invest on further searching for her brother.

The Blog gives alot more information. It also says the guys went to their friend Matt's house to go to work from there.

http://solvejonathansmurder.blogspot.com/

How incredibly sad. I don't know how that mother is even able to continue..........I pray God blesses and comforts her for each of her remaining days on this earth. And I pray she receives JUSTICE!!!!

How sad. Do you know if they questioned his friend? It seems funny that he left so quickly.

How sad. Do you know if they questioned his friend? It seems funny that he left so quickly.

Two things struck me. The friend paid for them to live in a yurt at a park. They were helping the guy with his business so maybe that's not so far off? Maybe you would do that.

Then his friend Brian called Jonathan's mom to tell her he walked off? I don't see guy's that age calling somebody's mom so far away to just say "your son walked off". Quite possible, but in my experience unforrtunately young people just don't think twice about calling a parent of their friend.

Two things struck me. The friend paid for them to live in a yurt at a park. They were helping the guy with his business so maybe that's not so far off? Maybe you would do that.

Then his friend Brian called Jonathan's mom to tell her he walked off? I don't see guy's that age calling somebody's mom so far away to just say "your son walked off". Quite possible, but in my experience unforrtunately young people just don't think twice about calling a parent of their friend.

Well, WS (and life) has made me suspicious of things. It seems that the first place to look is the last person that they know saw him alive. What are the odds of some random stranger showing up (in the morning no less) and grabbing this guy and killing him for no reason. I hope LE has cleared the friend. It doesn't say in the story. There may be reasons that someone would want him dead but there isn't enough information to know that.

by Nishi Gupta
Idaho's NewsChannel 7
KTVB.COM
Posted on May 27, 2010 at 9:43 PM
Updated today at 11:31 AM

COOS BAY, Ore. -- It's still an unsolved murder.

A young Boise (Idaho) man killed in Oregon in 2006.

Police have hit dead ends and need the public's help more than ever to find the killer.

More at link: http://www.ktvb.com/news/Police-open-cold-case-into-Idaho-mans-murder-95081799.html

I had never heard about this case about a guy close to my age from my own state. I hope they're able to make some progress on this case for the sake of his poor mom! According to the article, the mom's daughter committed suicide not long after her son was murdered because the siblings had been so close and she couldn't handle his death.

Snipped from the article:
In October of 2005, her son Jonathan left Boise to make money and go back to school.

With a friend named Brian Campbell, he first went to Eureka, Calif.

In January of 2006, the pair headed north to Coos Bay, Oregon to help another friend with his landscaping service.

"They arrived that morning to go to work, Brian was on a phone call and Jonathan said he was going to step outside," said Lt. Gregg Hastings of the Oregon State Police.

That was the last time anyone would see Jonathan alive.

Six months later, his remains were found in a wooded area -- just a couple hundred yards away from their friend's home.

If I am not mistaken this story has never changed since the day it broke. It's always been extremely fishy. I didn't know about the daughter committing suicide, though. That's heartbreaking. I really hope there's some resolution soon. We've had a number of cold cases gain some closure, recently.

My prayers to that grieving but ever-searching mother.

If I am not mistaken this story has never changed since the day it broke. It's always been extremely fishy. I didn't know about the daughter committing suicide, though. That's heartbreaking. I really hope there's some resolution soon. We've had a number of cold cases gain some closure, recently.

My prayers to that grieving but ever-searching mother.

First time I have heard of this murder, Very fishy story IMO.I hope and pray they find his killer.She is a very strong woman, the murder of her son then the lose of her daughter how horrific.I hope someone does the right thing and comes forward.

Jonathan_Peters2.jpg

http://cvcrimestop.com/images/Jonathan_Peters2.jpg

This is from the blog dedicated to solving Jonathan's murder. It hasn't been updated in awhile though. There might be a different (site) location for it now.

http://solvejonathansmurder.blogspot.com/

On October 14, 2008, with the loss of her brother weighing heavily on her heart, Anna took her own life. She left behind a note which read that she wanted to be with brother and to spend the little money she had, on his murder case. It is our feeling that whoever murdered Jonathan is also responsible for Anna’s death and needs to be held accountable.

Such a devastating thing to read. A sibling bond can be one of the best relationships in life if you're lucky to have one. RIP Anna and Jonathan.

Mother increases cold case reward

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/34069521-75/mother-increases-cold-case-reward.html.csp

Debbie Peters believes that someone, somewhere, knows who murdered her son in Coos Bay 10 years go.

She&#8217;s willing to stake $20,000 on it.

The Meridian, Idaho, high school government teacher recently announced the increase in the reward for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of Jonathan Peters&#8217; killer. The reward previously stood at $5,000.

&#8220;I came into some money just recently. I wish that I had it 10 years ago, but I just didn&#8217;t,&#8221; Debbie Peters said.

Although Riddle says he has identified persons of interest in the case, neither he nor Coos County District Attorney Paul Frasier feel there is enough evidence to bring a charge.

&#8220;This is one of these cases where the physical evidence does not tell us who committed the crime,&#8221; Frasier said. &#8220;What&#8217;s going to break this case is somebody coming forward and saying, &#8216;I saw it or heard about it or somebody confessed to me.&#8217;&#8201;&#8201;&#8221;

Ramsey always had been close to both of her brothers, but especially to Jonathan Peters, Debbie Peters said. His murder, and the lack of progress in the case, left her shaken and deeply depressed.

In October 2008, she parked her car near the cemetery where her brother is buried and shot herself in the chest. She was 28.

In a note found in the vehicle, Ramsey wrote that she didn&#8217;t want to hurt anymore, that she wanted to be with her brother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back