UK UK - Criminology student / suspected serial killer arrested in Yorkshire

Jacobi

Reaction score
"Stephen Griffiths, 40, who is studying at the University of Bradford, was arrested on suspicion of the murders of missing sex workers Suzanne Blamires, Shelley Armitage and Susan Rushworth."

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/39Oddball39-criminology-student-at-the.6323252.jp

It appears this guy was a true crime aficionado. Apparently he went by the name Ven Pariah, online. Check out his Amazon wish list:

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/1ZBEFLNYV9WWT/ref=cm_pdp_wish_all_itms"]404 - Document Not Found[/ame]

One of the movies on his wish list is Ravenous which is about cannibalism. It wouldn't surprise me if some evidence of cannibalism were to be found relating to these murders.

This is curious -- this guy sounds like he's straight out of central casting for serial killer......

Police quizzing ‘serial killer’ find crossbow murder footage

A university student suspected of murdering three Bradford prostitutes was arrested after detectives obtained extraordinary CCTV footage of the moment when a killer fired a crossbow bolt into a woman's head.

The film, obtained from the block of flats that was home to Stephen Griffiths, 40, shows Suzanne Blamires being chased down a corridor by a man who then attacked and knocked her to the ground

Reminds me of that scene in American Psycho when he's chasing a prostitute down a corridor with a chainsaw.

Body of suspected Bradford serial killer's victim indentified as missing prostitute

Stephen Griffiths, a mature student in criminal justice at Bradford University, is being questioned by police over the killing of Suzanne Blamires, 36, and two other prostitutes who worked in Bradford’s red light district and went missing over the past year.

On his Myspace page he operated under the pseudonym Ven Pariah, listing his mood as 'evil' and describing himself as the "misanthrope who brought hate into heaven".

This one is gonna be really ugly. The details and the depth of this serial killer's depravity, it won't be a case for the faint of heart.

From what little that has come out so far, it's like the guy is a wannabe Hannibal Lecter....

Stephen Griffiths charged with murder of three prostitutes

Stephen Griffiths, 40, was charged with the murders of Suzanne Blamires, Shelley Armitage and Susan Rushworth.

The remains of Ms Blamires, 36, were found in the River Aire at Shipley on Tuesday. She disappeared from Bradford last week.

This is curious -- this guy sounds like he's straight out of central casting for serial killer......

Police quizzing ‘serial killer’ find crossbow murder footage

A university student suspected of murdering three Bradford prostitutes was arrested after detectives obtained extraordinary CCTV footage of the moment when a killer fired a crossbow bolt into a woman's head.

The film, obtained from the block of flats that was home to Stephen Griffiths, 40, shows Suzanne Blamires being chased down a corridor by a man who then attacked and knocked her to the ground

Oh man that's horrific. These are someone's sisters, daughters, probably mothers even.

My prayers to these poor women's families. Especially Ms. Blamires.

It's like the guy took snippets from The Serial Killer Encyclopedia.

In all honesty I have a vast amount of books on serial killers. I think alot of us do on this site. However, we're not going to hurt a fly.I doubt at the age of 40 I'd become a criminology student, but hey still doesn't mean we'd hurt somebody. He's bonkers. A nutter who preyed on women that he figured nobody would miss.

Here's a photograph of these beautiful women murdered so senselessly.
Left to right are Shelly Armitage, Susan Blamires, and Susan Rushworth. RIP dear ladies.

http://www.inthenews.co.uk/photo/fr...lamires-and-susan-rushworth--$7062534$300.jpg

Crossbow Cannibal. That's what the guy told the courts his name was today.

He walked lizards on leashes and he once ate a live baby rat in front of his friend.

An online dating service has issued a statement saying indeed he was at one time with their service and had contact with only one person. Another person he contacted didn't respond. Good lookout there.

An interview with a prostitute from his neighborhood said he always hung around them. She said she can pinpoint him hanging around way back since 2000 at least. Not good. He didn't want sex and told them he was gay. He also had a heafty education despite his family not being wealthy.

Then of course at link goes on about his mother. It's always about the mother, right?

May these poor souls rest in peace that this guy took the lives of. Officials believe it's going to be way more.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ourt-crossbow-cannibal.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Seems his mom made the news herself back in 2007. Her maiden name was mentioned in an article and I found this was in the papers. She was facing jail time. She'd been beating I guess it's Britains welfare system for housing.

Her attorney said she suffered from depression.

http://www.dewsburyreporter.co.uk/news/Woman-58-claimed-8500-in.2125334.jp

Again prayers for the missing women and for the beautiful Miss Blamires.

he told them his name was the crossbow cannibal *giggle snort* I wonder how he got that out with a straight face.

as a daily reader of WS obviously I have a great interest in crime and forensics and all that. when this first hit the news here a few days ago my husband and I had a lively conversation on what led LE to question this man in particular. was it an eyewitness? was it CCTV footage (I've read since it was most likely the CCTV footage) was it his interest in serial killers?

I had a bit of a sick feeling hearing he was taking courses criminology and had a great interest in serial killers, as I always do when I hear about things like this since I share these interests ..... I dont want anything in common with them ...ugh.

he told them his name was the crossbow cannibal *giggle snort* I wonder how he got that out with a straight face.

as a daily reader of WS obviously I have a great interest in crime and forensics and all that. when this first hit the news here a few days ago my husband and I had a lively conversation on what led LE to question this man in particular. was it an eyewitness? was it CCTV footage (I've read since it was most likely the CCTV footage) was it his interest in serial killers?

I had a bit of a sick feeling hearing he was taking courses criminology and had a great interest in serial killers, as I always do when I hear about things like this since I share these interests ..... I dont want anything in common with them ...ugh.

Definately the CCTV I think, Goldie.

Naw, this guy just something is totally wrong. Probably always was. Then couple that with his interests and education and well just total insanity.

Your "The Sun" is some newspaper.:crazy:

.......and his mom is now missing. Police are asking for Moira Griffiths to contact them as it's important they talk to her.

LE went to her place, but found her not home. They chose not to enter, but left a note. Neighbors said the woman had already been away when news broke about her son.

So, yeah it would be a good idea for this lady to speak to LE. Also her ex-husband scoffed at the notion people are having that she was a prostitute.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ibal-killer-s-mum-is-missing-115875-22295778/

O.K. and he had a girlfriend. Yes he did. Well until she went to his apartment.

Zeta Pinder met Griffiths through a "lonely hearts club" add. She described him as odd, but very sweet.:eek: They dated for two years and he had pretended to live with his parents. One day he let it slip he had his own place and being like every other chick on the planet who has a boyfriend lie for two years she wanted to see it.:waitasec:

Pinder the mother of two met him in 1998. Once inside the paprtment she realized this guy was well not O.K. She said his apaprtment was lined with so many books about murderers and gore movies she wanted O-U-T! He also had samauri swords in there. She feigned illness and he took her home. Pheeeeew! The next day she called him and said it was over.

Pinder was surprised he took it so well and never bothered her again.

Meanwhile he is terrified of insects and slept with cotton in his ears so nothing could crawl in his ears. Also he flipped out once when she stroked his hair.:eek:

**O.K. immediately they should let a ton of cockroaches out in his cell and ensure he can't clog his ears with anything. Then keep touching his hair.** I am so serious.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2993508/My-terror-in-the-cannibals-evil-flat.html

Griffiths mother has been located and spoke to LE as well as press.

She's shocked. Yeah well I guess so lady. Then again she did not commit these crimes.

She said she has lost touch with her son when she moved yet again to Dewesbury. Hmmmmmmmm, so you neither bothered to find eachother?:waitasec:

She's been using her neighbors flat to enter and leave her small one bedroom flat so as to avoid press. That and probably some really pizzzzed people.;)

When asked if she will support her son through trial she said she wasn't sure. She has to give it some time. I guess so.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/178767/Crossbow-Cannibal-mum-speaks

Human tissue found in river is from missing Shelley
8:19 pm Wednesday 2nd June 2010

Police have revealed tonight that human tissue recovered from the River Aire over the weekend is that of Bradford woman Shelley Armitage.

Officers have said exhaustive forensic tests carried out on the small piece of human tissue confirmed it is of the missing vice girl Miss Armitage.

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said tonight the family of Miss Armitage had been informed and searches and further forensic tests were ongoing.
---

a bit more at
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co....issue_found_in_river_is_from_missing_Shelley/

You so can not make this stuff up.

Griffith's neighbor who lived in the flat just above him was also a murderer.:eek:

Kenneth Valentine murdered Caroline Creery aged 25 back in 1996. As horrific as that is it's even worse because he was convicted of manslaughter in the murder of Janet Willoughby back in 1991. He got seven years. He served five. Got out and murdered another young woman.

WTH?:furious:

Ladies may you rest in peace and be free of this ugly world. I pray you finally are somewhere you can be safe.

Former neighbours in Wakefield have told how after Mrs Griffiths separated from her frozen food salesman husband Stephen, she brought her three children up on her own.

Despite never having a job, she never appeared short of money and would often go out at night dressed in “sexy clothing”, it was claimed.

hhhhmmmmmmm

Former neighbours in Wakefield have told how after Mrs Griffiths separated from her frozen food salesman husband Stephen, she brought her three children up on her own.

Despite never having a job, she never appeared short of money and would often go out at night dressed in “sexy clothing”, it was claimed.

hhhhmmmmmmm

Yep. (Nods head sagely.) I think they're onto something.

Tragic Shelley was 'a lovely woman'

Floral tributes to the victims continue to be laid at the place where the man accused of murdering three women lived.

Fresh flowers lined the wall of the building in Thornton Road after police confirmed they had evidence of Shelley Armitage’s remains on Wednesday.

One woman stopped yesterday afternoon to leave a bunch of orange roses.

She said she had not known the women but she felt moved to show her sympathy because “it could have been anyone”.
---

and more, at
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/8201239.Tragic_Shelley_was__a_lovely_woman_/?ref=mr

Looks like this creeper wasn't as much a loner as first thought. Two more women have come forward who dated him for some time. He freaked both of them out. Obviously.

Kathy Hancock recounts how he busted her nose, didn't allow her to leave the house alone, and when she finally made her escape returned home to find her house smathered in yellow paint with the word "Slag" painted on it.

Hancock had a court order against nutter and once it rain out at midnight the lunatic called her laughing into the phone.

He burglared her home taking her beloved pets. Her two dogs. She had also been pregnant by him. That she found out at hospital after he beat her senseless. The pregnancy was ectopic so of course she lost the baby. What did this guy do?

He buried the pregnancy test stick in a little coffin. Yeah he did.

The link has alot of photographs of them together. That's back in 2000. There's also proof from texts how he most likely killed her cats. Threats abounded. Scary, scary guy. Oh yeah and he experimented with Class A drugs he purchased from prostitutes to see if he could control them.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/new...-her-horror-decade-of-beatings-and-abuse.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back