CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #7

Well, first off, I am going to say I'm not shocked that he was sexually assaulting Kayleah. I am a bit disturbed that it seems that April didn't turn him in before Kayleah went missing for sexually abusing her daughter. Please note, I said "it seems."

I grew up in Weld County and I'm not shocked that he wasn't arrested before Kayleah's body was found. I'm also not shocked that he wasn't arrested for stalking her at the middle school. It just seems to me that Kayleah was failed all the way around. Maybe Montoya was too, but he still should have known better. However, his parental unit doesn't seem the the brightest bulb in the strand either. So, who knows what he was taught growing up?

JMO, IMO, MOO, and all other disclaimers.

I haven' checked thread 6 yet, but here is today's Greeley Trib article.

Affidavit: Kayleah Wilson called ex-boyfriend a 'stalker freak'

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100527/NEWS/100529726/1051&ParentProfile=1001

snipped because this was discussed at large in thread 6 - - -
The affidavit, which cited interviews by police investigating the case, also indicated that Kayleah made comments to friends about “possibly being pregnant.” The autopsy report has not yet been released, but the Weld County Coroner's Office said late Wednesday there was no evidence she was pregnant.
--- end snip

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100527/NEWS/100529726/1051&ParentProfile=1001

The affidavit, which cited interviews by police investigating the case, also indicated that Kayleah made comments to friends about “possibly being pregnant.” The autopsy report has not yet been released, but the Weld County Coroner's Office said late Wednesday there was no evidence she was pregnant.
--- end snip

Wish Kayleah could have know she wasn't pregnant for sure. Maybe she did and was using the possibility to reach out for help.

One thing is for sure - she knew stalker behavior and knew she was the target. LE knew that and still called her a run-a-way when missing. Geeesh!

interesting part in the affidavit:

it says the relationship ended in February 2010

it gets even better folks!

((snip from affidavit))

Roxanne Montoya had asked both Robert and her daughter to move out so she could develop a relationship with Jonas Garcia. Roxanne Montoya was not allowed to have Jonas Garcia visit her at her residence because Jonas is a registered sex offender and was precluded from being around children.

That is why I said his parental unit wasn't the brightest bulb in the strand and who knows what he was exposed to during his formative years. Ultimately though, he admitted he KNEW it was wrong that he was having a sexual relationship with a twelve-year-old child, and he should be held accountable.

<snipped>

Kayleah's mother, April Wilson, told police that Montoya moved into the Wilson home in October 2009 because his mother wanted to develop a relationship with a registered sex offender and asked her son and daughter to leave, according to the court record. Sex offenders are generally prohibited from contact with minors.

Jesus, not making excuses for the guy...but can you FREAKING imagine??? What was this woman thinking?? Why do these women put these scumbags before their children?????

I know I'll probably get "yelled" at but I have read and re-read articles and cannot find where LE said that she was a runaway...they said she could have run away, that they hoped she had just ran away, that they did not know if she ran away or was abducted, that she had not run away before according to her family, that they had no indication she was a runaway or if she had been abducted, that there were no clear signs of foul play, etc...but I cannot find where they said, catagorically, that she had run away. They did indicate that they alerted her father in CA in case she had run away, but all of this is is covering their bases. As early as March 31 they asked for an Amber Alert and were told the case did not qualify. So not sure where they wrote her off as a runaway.

But knowing all we know now, I would not have blamed Kayleah if she HAD tried to run away, JMO...

I know this is all beside the point now, especially as it seems she was probably dead before LE even heard her of her, but just wonder if someone has a link where LE stated catagorically that Kayleah had run away. I have seen it written here so many times that LE had named her a runaway from the start but I have not seen where. In Houston, LE clearly indicated that they were treating the case of Alexandria Lowitzer as a runaway, even when Laura Recovery was there disputing them and took forever to back away from that theory.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100401/NEWS/100409979&parentprofile=search

Not a direct quote from a police officers mouth, but this seems to be what happened on the night of her disappearance.

"» 10 p.m.: Discovering Kayleah did not make it to the party and did not return home, April Wilson calls Greeley police to report her daughter as missing. As is standard with missing older children — Kayleah is 12 — police handle it as a possible runaway and put out an alert to watch for her. "

IMO I think several things combined led the general public and maybe even LE to think that Kayleah was a runaway. Even some uncomfirmed comments from her own family members made it appear that she could have run away.

So much went wrong with this poor girl. :( It just makes me sick and so sad for what happened to her.

IMO I think several things combined led the general public and maybe even LE to think that Kayleah was a runaway. Even some uncomfirmed comments from her own family members made it appear that she could have run away.

So much went wrong with this poor girl. :( It just makes me sick and so sad for what happened to her.

Yes, some family members made it appear, she could have run away.

I guess LE has to handle cases as "possible runaways"...as some do turn out that way, but I don't think they had the info about RM at this point...from the document posted yesterday, it seems as though the info came slowly over a two-week period as they re-interviewed everyone close to her. I am gussing they had their eyes on RM all throughout the searching in April, etc...though I still don't understand why he was not arrested earlier, once April did tell LE about the sexual relationship/abuse. I don't like the fact that he was out there free and no one in the community knew he was a danger. JMO

I wonder if LE is looking at Jonas Montoya Garcia's alibi. I took a look at his record and noticed that Montoya is actually part of JG's legal name...is he actually related to Robert? I couldn't believe RM's mother would toss two kids out for a RSO, and after seeing the picture of him, I'm even more at a loss for words. That's why I wonder if the RSO's relationship with that family goes back, and influenced the behavior of RM. I was also floored to read the affidavit and see RM suggesting that a 12 year old asked him to physically abuse her. There's something very wrong with that kid, either way, and in some way I can't help but wonder how much JMG has to do with this whole mess.

it gets even better folks!

((snip from affidavit))
That was one of the first things I noticed when I read the affidavit (in the previous thread). It's absolutely sickening that his mother chose the RSO over her children. MOO

--- end snip
There goes that theory as to why Montoya was arrested hours after Kayleah's body was found. I still am trying to figure out the timing and why he couldn't have been picked up on the sexual assault charges while she was still missing? :waitasec: MOO

There goes that theory as to why Montoya was arrested hours after Kayleah's body was found. I still am trying to figure out the timing and why he couldn't have been picked up on the sexual assault charges while she was still missing? :waitasec: MOO[/QUOTE]

that's what I would like to know as it seemed far too early when he was arrested to have any sort of biological evidence at all, as she was not even identified yet...they left him free, to do what he does...

Do we have confirmation of RM's mother taking in the RSO and kicking out the kids? This is what April was told in order to let RM move in with her family but I have not heard if this was confirmed by anyone else. I know it reported by the media but do not know if confirmed as true. Just wondering.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back