729 users online (99 members and 630 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Johnstown, PA
    Posts
    53

    PA - Reading, Wht/HispFem 190UFPA, 25-50, near Old Reading Brewery, Sep'00

    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/190ufpa.html




    She was found 9/25/00, mummified remains. Her height, weight, age range and dark hair dyed blonde matches a missing woman's stats.


    Carmen Ida Meirino
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2021dfpa.html

    Carmen went missing in Philadelphia and the Unidentified was found in Reading. Not incredibly far.

    I sent an email off to the coroner in Berks County and another to a PA missing persons site.

    First time I've ever thought I've made a match...it could be a longshot but a shot none the less.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-12-2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: add description to title

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by halcelbjl View Post
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/190ufpa.html

    She was found 9/25/00, mummified remains. Her height, weight, age range and dark hair dyed blonde matches a missing woman's stats.

    Carmen Ida Meirino
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2021dfpa.html

    Carmen went missing in Philadelphia and the Unidentified was found in Reading. Not incredibly far.

    I sent an email off to the coroner in Berks County and another to a PA missing persons site.

    First time I've ever thought I've made a match...it could be a longshot but a shot none the less.
    No reason it couldn't be her, but I wonder where she was for the three years before she died? It says Estimated Date of Death to be 3-4 weeks prior to date found September 25, 2000 and Carmen went missing December 13 1997?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    436
    Stats look good with the exception of the discrepancy between the dates. Stranger things have happened though for sure. It's too bad neither case appears to have DNA, it'll make it more difficult to match but hopefully Carmen's dentals are available. Keep us updated!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Johnstown, PA
    Posts
    53
    I was hesitating a bit because of the dates but I guess it's possible she just up and left. I'm not finding out anything on Carmen and what her life might have been like.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Johnstown, PA
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by hmg View Post
    Stats look good with the exception of the discrepancy between the dates. Stranger things have happened though for sure. It's too bad neither case appears to have DNA, it'll make it more difficult to match but hopefully Carmen's dentals are available. Keep us updated!
    I hope so too! I will definitely keep everyone updated. I sent the emails and if I hear no replies I'll make phone calls next. Hopefully some peace can come out of this.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,859
    Looks good to me. I wonder if Carmen was left-handed.

    Good Find.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Johnstown, PA
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Looks good to me. I wonder if Carmen was left-handed.

    Good Find.
    I wondered that as well. I'll have to dig a little and see if I can find out more about Carmen.

    Thank you!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,438
    FYI when I people searched Carmen I got nada, but there is a Carol (looks like a maiden name) so maybe it's her sister, age 46, from Philly. Looks like there may be brothers out there too (similar age group)

    Always possible they're not related at all, but Philly makes it very possible they are. Chances are there is some sort of relation because that last name only comes up in Philly, PA and I'm searching all states.

    http://www.peoplefinders.com/search/...=&dobdd=&doby=

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Johnstown, PA
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    FYI when I people searched Carmen I got nada, but there is a Carol (looks like a maiden name) so maybe it's her sister, age 46, from Philly. Looks like there may be brothers out there too (similar age group)

    Always possible they're not related at all, but Philly makes it very possible they are. Chances are there is some sort of relation because that last name only comes up in Philly, PA and I'm searching all states.

    http://www.peoplefinders.com/search/...=&dobdd=&doby=

    Interesting! I can't wait to get home so I can put in some more research time on this. Hoping some family member can shed some light on things.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Johnstown, PA
    Posts
    53
    I recieved an email from the Assistant to the Chief of the Reading Police Department.

    "I have copied the supervisors in the Criminal Investigations section.
    They will contact you."

    I had sent an email through their government site stating that I may have found out who an unidentified person was. I have since replied to the above email and gave them the information on the potential match.

    I will keep everyone updated


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,247
    Did you hear anything yet, Halcelbjl?

    https://identifyus.org/cases/990
    The Namus page for the UID has a rule out list but Carmen Meirino is not on the list.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    outside of Reading, PA
    Posts
    8
    Wondering if you have had any reply from Berks County yet? I see that they have done quite a few exclusions, but Carmen is still not on that list

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    18,098
    This unidentified woman has a bunch of ruleouts now but Carmen Meirino still isn't one of them.
    https://identifyus.org/cases/990

    Exclusions

    The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
    First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

    Sharon Apgar 1966 Kentucky
    Mary Badaracco 1946 Connecticut
    Sandra Baker 1953 Pennsylvania
    Belinda Blaniar 1963 Pennsylvania
    Kelli Cox 1976 Texas
    Tina D'Ambrosio 1961 Arizona
    Kim Gonzalez 1959 Virginia
    Lorraine Grunin 1941 New York
    Katherine Heckel 1951 Pennsylvania
    Ruth Hoffman 1941 Michigan
    Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
    Suzanne Lyall 1978 New York
    Kathleen Mohn 1951 Pennsylvania
    Parley Pate 1959 North Carolina
    bernadine paul 1962 Connecticut
    Janeth Rowe 1947 Virginia
    Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
    Bonnie Schultz 1951 Indiana
    Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
    Billie Willard 1941 North Carolina
    diane wolf 1953 Pennsylvania
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    896
    I'm wondering if she was a gang member or if this was a drug deal gone wrong? I didn't see any toxicology results listed anywhere. I'm from Reading and worked in the city for many years, the city itself has lots of crime but the outlying areas are ok.


    Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond



Similar Threads

  1. I've been reading...
    By unitsix in forum The Springfield Three
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-29-2016, 09:07 PM
  2. Lip reading
    By Psycho babble in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 07:20 AM

Tags for this Thread