GUILTY CA - Dr. William Ayres for child molestation, San Mateo, 2007 #2

Ok, well I guess that shows there's quite an interest in this case.

As reported earlier, while some of us here have expressed concern about Ayres' son Robert, it appears that we should also be very, very concerned about his daughter Barbara. She was a no-show at her father's trial and has severed all ties with him. For good reason...

Ok, well I guess that shows there's quite an interest in this case.

As reported earlier, while some of us here have expressed concern about Ayres' son Robert, it appears that we should also be very, very concerned about his daughter Barbara. She was a no-show at her father's trial and has severed all ties with him. For good reason...

Well then. Is she out of statute I wonder?

I don't know if she is out of statute. One wonders why the police couldn't produce this as evidence....

While she may have severed ties with him, she may still be refusing to testify against him. Not speaking to your father is one thing, having him put in jail is another and requires strength that a lot of people simply don't have.

I had a friend who was abused as well as her sisters. Her sisters were out of statute but could testify to pattern.

IF he abused his daughter in a similar fashion or in any fashion, it would certainly broaden the victim base we are looking for, but also I would think it would attest to a pattern of behavior with minors.

Mercy, was any kiddie *advertiser censored* ever uncovered in the investigation???

One wonders just what the good doctor does all day these days. Does it involve swimming pools?

Ayres did his medical residency at Yale's Grace-New Haven Community Hospital from 1956-1959. He did his first year in pediatrics and then for his second and third year he switched to adult psychiatry.

In his first year, 1956-1957, Ayres was one of seven pediatric interns.

At the first criminal trial, Ayres testified that when he was a first-year pediatric intern, a child psychiatrist named Al Solnit taught the interns how to do physicals on children.

This is a fantasy. Ayres has been trying to pretend for years that child psychiatrists and pediatricians are virtually interchangeable and that when he was training, child psychiatrists did physicals on kids all the time.

Recently, one of those seven first -year pediatric interns at Yale with Ayres came forward to set the record straight. This doctor, who became a psychiatrist himself and who is far more prominent than Ayres - has come forward to say that Ayres is not telling the truth. This psychiatrist with the national reputation recalls that it was the head of pediatrics , Dr. Milton Senn, at Yale who taught the interns how to do physicals and that psychiatrist Al Solnit did not train anyone to do physicals .

This prominent and nationally known psychiatrist has expressed an interest in speaking to the prosecution about setting the record straight about the training that he and Ayres received in their first year at Yale.

Another doctor who was an associate pediatrician at Yale when Ayres was there recently said he was "offended" to hear Ayres' bizarre statements about Al Solnit. This pediatrician worked very closely with Al Solnit at Yale and was so inspired by Solnit's work in child psychiatry that he went on to become a child psychiatrist as well. This child psychiatrist- who is in his 80s and is still practicing in Boston- says that despite having been a pediatrician first before becoming a child psychiatrist, he has never given a physical exam to a child in therapy.

Finally, a child psychiatrist whose name appears alongside Solnit's on the 1956 Yale staff list, says that Solnit never taught pediatric interns how to do physicals. Asked if Solnit ever did physicals on children in therapy, the child psychiatrist was startled and astonished by the question. "No!!! Why would he do that ?" he said.

In the first criminal trial,Ayres also testified that child psychiatrist Al Solnit told the pediatric interns not to wear rubber gloves. All three of the above doctors scoffed at this. " No one wore rubber gloves when examining kids in those days," they said. All three stated that Solnit's primary focus of his work was the psychological aspect of the child. "His focus was not on the physical," said the pediatrician-turned-child psychiatrist.

I just stumbled upon this profile of the Judge who presided over the first Ayres criminal trial:http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...+"Victoria+Balfour"&cd=91&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

This sentence leaped out at me:

In his opening remarks, Weinberg insisted there was no improper touching, only routine physicals administered by a pediatrician who later became a child psychiatrist and advocated for open and honest sex education.

Hmm.. Ayres was NEVER a pediatrician, not in Connecticut or Boston or California. He had only one year in pediatrics in his first year of his Yale residency. Then he switched to adult psychiatry. In Boston, he worked for four years as a child psychiatrist.

We have spoken to doctors who were actual PEDIATRICIANS at Yale when Ayres was there ( who had at least three years of training in pediatrics, as opposed to Ayres' one)- who later became child psychiatrists themselves. They told us that once they became child psychiatrists, they stopped doing physicals on children.

I know also that in Ayres' deposition for his first molestation civil trial, Ayres said, "Like, I've always considered myself a pediatrician also."

Huh? The guy has never been a board certified pediatrician anywhere and he never put in the amount of years one actually needs to be a pediatrician.

The question is, why did so many in California permit him to get away with this?

According to the 1956 Yale directory, San Mateo pediatrician Sam Leavitt was an assistant resident in pediatrics when Ayres was doing his first -and only- year in pediatrics. Having been an intern at Yale himself, Leavitt must have known full well that child psychiatrist Dr. Al Solnit never trained pediatric interns how to do physicals. He knew that it was actually pediatrician-in-chief Dr. Milton Senn who trained first year pediatricians. Leavitt knew that Ayres only had one year in pediatrics and was never a pediatrician.

We have spoken to at least ten child psychiatrists who trained at Yale when Ayres was there, and they say that no child psychiatrist there was trained to touch children in therapy at Yale. Don't tell us that Dr. Sam Leavitt didn't know that as well. When a mother of an Ayres victim approached Sam Leavitt's wife Thea three years ago and said that Ayres molested her son, Thea Leavitt said " I guess the training is different back east." Well, it's different all right - it's not anything like Ayres has been saying it was to people in California, including the first criminal trial. Contrary to what he has said, he wasn't trained by a child psychiatrist at Yale to give physical exams and he wasn't trained at Judge Baker to give physical exams to children in therapy.

Sam Leavitt of all people has to know this. In our interviews with both child psychiatrists and pediatricians from Yale, and from child psychiatrists at Judge Baker ( more than 60, by our count), we have not been able to find a single doctor who says that Ayres is telling the truth about his training.

I think I missed something - what news about her daughter? I read back a ways, but didn't see anything about her, other than concern.

Remember we were concerned that he had molested his son Robert? That's in the first thread that has now been closed.

Towards the end of that thread I posted that word is that we now need to be concerned about his daughter Barbara. This has not been published in news reports, but our word is good, and we hoped that readers here would be able to read between the lines.

Okay, I did catch that. The word 'news' threw me off and I thought there was a news report of some type that I missed. Thanks.

I deleted the sentence from the post, as it is a bit confusing.

Ayres did his medical residency at Yale's Grace-New Haven Community Hospital from 1956-1959. He did his first year in pediatrics and then for his second and third year he switched to adult psychiatry.

In his first year, 1956-1957, Ayres was one of seven pediatric interns.

At the first criminal trial, Ayres testified that when he was a first-year pediatric intern, a child psychiatrist named Al Solnit taught the interns how to do physicals on children.

This is a fantasy. Ayres has been trying to pretend for years that child psychiatrists and pediatricians are virtually interchangeable and that when he was training, child psychiatrists did physicals on kids all the time.

Recently, one of those seven first -year pediatric interns at Yale with Ayres came forward to set the record straight. This doctor, who became a psychiatrist himself and who is far more prominent than Ayres - has come forward to say that Ayres is not telling the truth. This psychiatrist with the national reputation recalls that it was the head of pediatrics , Dr. Milton Senn, at Yale who taught the interns how to do physicals and that psychiatrist Al Solnit did not train anyone to do physicals .

This prominent and nationally known psychiatrist has expressed an interest in speaking to the prosecution about setting the record straight about the training that he and Ayres received in their first year at Yale.

Another doctor who was an associate pediatrician at Yale when Ayres was there recently said he was "offended" to hear Ayres' bizarre statements about Al Solnit. This pediatrician worked very closely with Al Solnit at Yale and was so inspired by Solnit's work in child psychiatry that he went on to become a child psychiatrist as well. This child psychiatrist- who is in his 80s and is still practicing in Boston- says that despite having been a pediatrician first before becoming a child psychiatrist, he has never given a physical exam to a child in therapy.

Finally, a child psychiatrist whose name appears alongside Solnit's on the 1956 Yale staff list, says that Solnit never taught pediatric interns how to do physicals. Asked if Solnit ever did physicals on children in therapy, the child psychiatrist was startled and astonished by the question. "No!!! Why would he do that ?" he said.

In the first criminal trial,Ayres also testified that child psychiatrist Al Solnit told the pediatric interns not to wear rubber gloves. All three of the above doctors scoffed at this. " No one wore rubber gloves when examining kids in those days," they said. All three stated that Solnit's primary focus of his work was the psychological aspect of the child. "His focus was not on the physical," said the pediatrician-turned-child psychiatrist.

Why weren't these people asked to testify when the trial was going on? Did the prosecutors just not try to find them?

You hit the nail on the head: the prosecutors did not try to find them for the first trial and indeed showed no real interest in delving into Ayres' actual training program. When Ayres testified at the first trial that a psychiatrist named "Al Songden" at Yale trained him to do physicals on children when he was in first year pediatrics, the prosecution did not check to see if this true. They just let that slip by. A big mistake.

After the mistrial, an ordinary citizen went to Yale and checked to see if an Al Songden had existed. Turned out the guy Ayres was referring to was an "Al Solnit." The citizen interviewed a number of staff who were at Yale when Ayres and Solnit were there, and they said Ayres was spouting utter nonsense about Solnit.

In the first trial, the prosecution seemed to accept Ayres' theory that it was normal for him to be giving medical exams to boys in therapy. They didn't nail him to the wall with his lies. Some of the jurors at the first trial actually told the prosecutor after the mistrial that they thought Ayres had been trained to give genital exams to boys in therapy.

Some of us ordinary citizens knew doctors who had been trained in child psychiatry in the 1960s in Boston and at Yale, and they had been telling us for some time that doctors were not trained to give routine regular exams to boys (or girls ) in therapy.

It is our belief that if the prosecution wants to win, they must bring in people who trained with Ayres from Yale and Boston. If people here want to send this information to the San Mateo District Attorney's office themselves, they are welcome to it. Some citizens' attempts to do so have been rebuffed.

Indeed we would be encouraged if some of the public were to contact Steve Wagstaffe ( chief prosecutor, who deals with the media) about the need to bring in people from Ayres' Yale and Boston days.

What a wonderful world, we have prosecutors who won't investigate a case, and then we have prosecutors who are making things up (Tonya Craft) in order to pursue a case.
WTF!!

There appears to have been a certain amount of myopia by the prosecutor.

Or maybe it was just a plain lack of curiosity about the good doctor.

At the first trial, just minutes before she was to cross-examine Ayres, the prosecutor handed over Ayres' resume to a citizen-spectator in the courtroom and asked them to look over his resume right then and there to see if "it was Ok." This should have been thoroughly checked months earlier by the DA's office themselves.

YESS!! Marta Diaz, the juvenile judge and longtime supporter of Ayres - who sent hundreds of boys to him - and who according to the San Mateo District Attorney's office, tried to get the San Mateo police to stop investigating Ayres for child molestation - has just been transferred out of the juvenile courts.

"Shakeup at Juvenile Court - Judge Reassigned"
http://www.smdailyjournal.com/artic...e=Shakeup at juvenile court, judge reassigned

San Mateo County Chief Deputy District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe has been telling Bay Area reporters since 2005 that Diaz tried to interfere when the San Mateo police started to investigate Ayres in 2002. Although he didn't want to be quoted, and the information was off the record, Wagstaffe told a reporter named Jason Dearen for the San Mateo County Times that when the police started to investigate Ayres, Diaz said, "Don't investigate." Wagstaffe told the reporter, "There was a power struggle between Diaz and her camp, and the DA, who wanted to prosecute."

Two other former juvenile judges who sent boys to Ayres - Margaret Kemp and Pat Bresee have apologized to reporters and quoted as saying that they feel guilt for unknowingly sending boys to Ayres.

Not Diaz. Instead, here's what she told reporter John Roemer for the San Francisco legal paper, the Daily Journal:

Not everyone is a fan. Diaz is among a number of county officials who have come under fire recently for referring juveniles to a child psychiatrist who was later charged with molesting three young male patients. Dr. William Ayres is set to stand trial later this year. Local government watchdog Michael G. Stogner, of Belmont, has insisted that
county officials, including Diaz, continued sending patients to Ayres, despite knowing
about the accusations. New York-based journalist and victims’ advocate, Victoria
Balfour, has accused Diaz of protecting Ayres.
Diaz shrugged off the attacks. "Stogner and Balfour have this little jihad against me," she said. "I don’t care. I know it’s all bull****. All will come out."

Incidentally, for those unjudicious comments in the press, Diaz was disciplined by the California Commission on Judicial Performance in 2009.

Also in the news today, we get a peek at ayres' criminal defense lawyer's probable next delay tactic. McDougall is also defending Alexander Robert Youshack, and that case has had a similar progression of competence evaluations, delays, re-evaluations. Now that Youshack has been found competent by the doctors, there will be a jury trial to see if they agree with the doctor's assessments.

I'm sure we'll see the same progression in the ayres re-trial.

Also, for any of ayres' victims reading this, if you missed it: I posted a video clip posted of walking up the steps to look at ayres' old office door. Not much has changed. Please be warned before going there, it may be a tougher watch than you're anticipating. Maybe it will be a bit liberating too. But definitely make double sure that you're ready to watch it. There are warnings and a few seconds to bail out of the video as well.

http://williamayreswatch.blogspot.com/2010/05/video-if-youre-ready-to-see-it.html

The wife of one of Ayres' former partners recently sent me a news clipping from 1970 about a forum that was held at the Peninsula YMCA in San Mateo called "Child and Parent Problems."

Five child psychiatrists, among them William H. Ayres - spoke about the different aspect of child rearing. Indeed, Ayres, who is listed as being a member of the Peninsula YMCA's Board of Managers was, surprise, surprise, the "moderator and master of ceremonies for the Y sponsored program," according to the article.

It goes on to say, " On May 18, Dr. William H. Ayres will speak on 'Sexual Problems of Children and Adolescents.' Parental influence, sexual experiences and the emergence of normal or deviant sexual development will be discussed."

Experts in pedophilia say that pedophiles start molesting boys early - usually sometime in their early teens.

I wonder at what age Ayres realized that he was a sexual deviant himself?

The accompanying photo in the article shows Ayres sporting a dark fu manchu mustache and a thick Rasputiin-like beard. Did he grow the beard so that he could hide his true self behind it? Also, although he's only 38 in this photo, his bloated and fleshy cheeks make him look dissipated, and decades older.
His demeanor in the photo is grim, unsmiling, petulant, and quite menacing. By contrast, the four other doctors have lighthearted looks and most are smiling. Unlike Ayres, they look happy.

Child psychiatrist Dr. David Schwartz was included in that 1970 lecture series. Schwartz- who is flashing a big smile in his photo - spoke on "Parents' Role in Drug Abuse."

Those who attended the first Ayres criminal trial in 2009 know Dr. Schwartz as a friend and supporter to the Ayres victims. Indeed, it so angered Ayres to see Schwartz hanging out with the victims and their families at the courthouse that one day he walked by and sneered to him, "Are you a Scientologist?"

That was a favorite line of attack by Ayres, Solveig and their son Robert last summer towards anyone who sided with the victims. They posted on blogs that these supporters of victims were Scientologists.

This is truly bizarre, considering the family skeletons in their home closets!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back