1196 users online (268 members and 928 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,839

    Exclamation Help- Newbies needed!

    I've started this thread for requests for WS talent we may need here in Anna's forum. Of course as time permits on a voluntary basis. Your pay is a giant thank you for having a heart bigger than New York as well a a great group of sleuths who give credit where credit is due. (and if you are from NY, working with a Cub fan.. ).

    What immediately comes to mind is someone good with photo shop or editing pictures. Age progressed, regressed pics, or the opportunity to possibly play around with them. Maybe an age regressed of George Brody?

    I would also like to give Anna's HS progessed photo an early 80's female 'mullet' hair style as opposed to the early 90's- mid 90's spiral perm look.

    We welcome newbies willing to do a bit of sleuthing, and test out your talents - provided they are within our TOS. (TOS will be strictly adhered too).

    Test your talents or post your new talents for Annas forum here.

    TIA!

    Cubby
    Last edited by Cubby; 08-25-2010 at 02:52 PM.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,088
    Hi Cubby,

    I am learning Photo shop as we speak. I did my first project last night, (check with Annasmom on it) so I am really new to this, but I will give it a go. I don't know what a mullet hair style is, sorry, but I if you can point me into the right direction I will give it a go. I was also thinking about changing her hair to a bit darker too, just to see what that looks like.

    As far as Brody, well we can try to get him younger, I need to find all these photo to work with. Are they here in one place so I can import and play????

    Bern

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,839
    There is a thread here in Annas forum with links to pictures.
    It is stickied at the top of the forum, but here it is again for quick reference.


    Images only - No Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community




    I'll try and find a picture of the popular 1985 hair style I am thinking of.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-09-2015 at 06:18 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    46
    A mullet is long hair in the back and short in the front. Here are a bunch of images: http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q...ed=0CCcQsAQwAA

    (Sorry if I'm not supposed to post this here).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,839
    I was thinking more of the short feathers on the side that was in style in 85/86 for girls. It wasn't quite as long on the sides as the Farrah feathers, but not as short as an actual mullet which is more like a biker hair style.

    Here is a picture from Kristy Wesselmans thread here at WS.

    This was a real popular hair style in 85/86

    Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Kristina Wesselman- DuPage County, 15, murdered July 1985
    Last edited by KateB; 04-09-2015 at 06:18 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,681
    Sorry I'm of no help with the photoshopping, but I have to giggle at the thought of wanting to give someone a mullet!

    I think it's a great idea, though, and when Anna reunites with her family, she will think the mullet idea is hilarious, too.

  7. #7

    Eighties Hair ~

    Quote Originally Posted by annemc2 View Post
    Sorry I'm of no help with the photoshopping, but I have to giggle at the thought of wanting to give someone a mullet!

    I think it's a great idea, though, and when Anna reunites with her family, she will think the mullet idea is hilarious, too.
    HeeHee annemc2,

    Anna had naturally curly hair which personally I doubt straightend much as she aged... In the eighties there were several hot styles going on such as, a shorter curly bob, short hair, long a puffy sides either curled forward or backwards... Considering Anna's age in the eighties I am leaning on a longer due, but a shorter curly bob as well.... Here is a link

    http://www.fashion-era.com/hats-hair..._1980_1990.htm

    SK
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

    Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

    Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by SideKick View Post
    HeeHee annemc2,

    Anna had naturally curly hair which personally I doubt straightend much as she aged... In the eighties there were several hot styles going on such as, a shorter curly bob, short hair, long a puffy sides either curled forward or backwards... Considering Anna's age in the eighties I am leaning on a longer due, but a shorter curly bob as well.... Here is a link

    http://www.fashion-era.com/hats-hair..._1980_1990.htm

    SK
    Believe me, Anna was not the sort of girl who wanted to be like everybody else (cowboy boots in kindergarten, for example). She'd be more likely to have a ponytail than something which required going to a hairdresser for a cut. I think it would probably be more useful to see her with glasses, which considering her half-blind mother, she might well have had at some point.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,088
    Okay, I am going to play and see where this goes.... I am just learning but this is a great tool. I will post and we can discuss the photos as they take shape, what do you think about that? I am not sure how or where or what kind of glasses, she would have now or at age 18 but once we decide I can get them into the picture. This program is awesome as the kids say!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,088
    I can't take the credit for this photo change, my hubby did most of it. let me know what you think....
    dark hair anna copy.jpgAnna Walters.jpg


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    I can't take the credit for this photo change, my hubby did most of it. let me know what you think....
    dark hair anna copy.jpgAnna Walters.jpg
    What a huge difference that makes! But I think the face has become broader with the Photoshop work. Amazing.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,839
    WOW! Awesome Bern!

    Annasmom, I designated this thread for a place to 'play around' with this a bit. Test our skills and various idea's. I think as long as we mention they are 'amateur' reproductions that is good for now. As long as members and readers have that understood.

    Great first try Bern and tell your dh thank you!
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    What a huge difference that makes! But I think the face has become broader with the Photoshop work. Amazing.
    I never changed the width of the face, only the hair and added glasses, but she does look a bit rounder in the face. Well, we all put on a few extra pounds as we hit 40 and beyond, so maybe that is what is going on here

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,839
    I think what it is, is the photo on the left is more zoomed in than the photo on the right. You can see this if you look at the shoulders. At least that is how it appears to me.

    I know I have widened in my 40's, no doubt! How much I won't admit

    Imo, these were never intended to 'replace' the professional photos already put out by NCMEC but just our own interpretation of how she might look.

    Annasmom, we have done this on various other forums and threads. If you would like, I can send you a pm ( since it would be OT - not to hide anything ) with some links to individual posts here with examples for other cases.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I think what it is, is the photo on the left is more zoomed in than the photo on the right. You can see this if you look at the shoulders. At least that is how it appears to me.

    I know I have widened in my 40's, no doubt! How much I won't admit

    Imo, these were never intended to 'replace' the professional photos already put out by NCMEC but just our own interpretation of how she might look.

    Annasmom, we have done this on various other forums and threads. If you would like, I can send you a pm ( since it would be OT - not to hide anything ) with some links to individual posts here with examples for other cases.
    I think it is good to just see what a person may look like with a different color hair or style. We are only guessing what Anna looks like today or what her style preference would be. I had very blond hair when I was 5, but by age 7 it was brown. My sister had almost white hair and today in her forties it is dark brown. Now I say my hair is brown but I get it colored and it is blond, so it can't hurt to just experiment with the hair or glasses. I would never change the face as I think it is spot on!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Newbies ask questions
    By No it's not in forum Dr. Teresa Sievers
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 05-19-2016, 05:19 PM