Help- Newbies needed!

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
I've started this thread for requests for WS talent we may need here in Anna's forum. Of course as time permits on a voluntary basis. Your pay is a giant thank you for having a heart bigger than New York as well a a great group of sleuths who give credit where credit is due. (and if you are from NY, working with a Cub fan.. ;) ).

What immediately comes to mind is someone good with photo shop or editing pictures. Age progressed, regressed pics, or the opportunity to possibly play around with them. Maybe an age regressed of George Brody?

I would also like to give Anna's HS progessed photo an early 80's female 'mullet' hair style as opposed to the early 90's- mid 90's spiral perm look.

We welcome newbies willing to do a bit of sleuthing, and test out your talents - provided they are within our TOS. (TOS will be strictly adhered too).

Test your talents or post your new talents for Annas forum here.

TIA!

Cubby

Hi Cubby,

I am learning Photo shop as we speak. I did my first project last night, (check with Annasmom on it) so I am really new to this, but I will give it a go. I don't know what a mullet hair style is, sorry, but I if you can point me into the right direction I will give it a go. I was also thinking about changing her hair to a bit darker too, just to see what that looks like.

As far as Brody, well we can try to get him younger, I need to find all these photo to work with. Are they here in one place so I can import and play????

Bern

Sorry I'm of no help with the photoshopping, but I have to giggle at the thought of wanting to give someone a mullet!

I think it's a great idea, though, and when Anna reunites with her family, she will think the mullet idea is hilarious, too. :dance:

Sorry I'm of no help with the photoshopping, but I have to giggle at the thought of wanting to give someone a mullet!

I think it's a great idea, though, and when Anna reunites with her family, she will think the mullet idea is hilarious, too. :dance:

HeeHee annemc2,

Anna had naturally curly hair which personally I doubt straightend much as she aged... In the eighties there were several hot styles going on such as, a shorter curly bob, short hair, long a puffy sides either curled forward or backwards... Considering Anna's age in the eighties I am leaning on a longer due, but a shorter curly bob as well.... Here is a link

http://www.fashion-era.com/hats-hair/hats_hair_b13_fashion_history_1980_1990.htm

SK

HeeHee annemc2,

Anna had naturally curly hair which personally I doubt straightend much as she aged... In the eighties there were several hot styles going on such as, a shorter curly bob, short hair, long a puffy sides either curled forward or backwards... Considering Anna's age in the eighties I am leaning on a longer due, but a shorter curly bob as well.... Here is a link

http://www.fashion-era.com/hats-hair/hats_hair_b13_fashion_history_1980_1990.htm

SK
Believe me, Anna was not the sort of girl who wanted to be like everybody else (cowboy boots in kindergarten, for example). She'd be more likely to have a ponytail than something which required going to a hairdresser for a cut. I think it would probably be more useful to see her with glasses, which considering her half-blind mother, she might well have had at some point.

Okay, I am going to play and see where this goes.... I am just learning but this is a great tool. I will post and we can discuss the photos as they take shape, what do you think about that? I am not sure how or where or what kind of glasses, she would have now or at age 18 but once we decide I can get them into the picture. This program is awesome as the kids say!

I can't take the credit for this photo change, my hubby did most of it. let me know what you think....
dark hair anna copy.jpgAnna Walters.jpg

WOW! Awesome Bern!

Annasmom, I designated this thread for a place to 'play around' with this a bit. Test our skills and various idea's. I think as long as we mention they are 'amateur' reproductions that is good for now. As long as members and readers have that understood.

Great first try Bern and tell your dh thank you!

What a huge difference that makes! But I think the face has become broader with the Photoshop work. Amazing.

I never changed the width of the face, only the hair and added glasses, but she does look a bit rounder in the face. Well, we all put on a few extra pounds as we hit 40 and beyond, so maybe that is what is going on here :angel:

I think what it is, is the photo on the left is more zoomed in than the photo on the right. You can see this if you look at the shoulders. At least that is how it appears to me.

I know I have widened in my 40's, no doubt! How much I won't admit ;)

Imo, these were never intended to 'replace' the professional photos already put out by NCMEC but just our own interpretation of how she might look.

Annasmom, we have done this on various other forums and threads. If you would like, I can send you a pm ( since it would be OT - not to hide anything ) with some links to individual posts here with examples for other cases. :blowkiss:

I think what it is, is the photo on the left is more zoomed in than the photo on the right. You can see this if you look at the shoulders. At least that is how it appears to me.

I know I have widened in my 40's, no doubt! How much I won't admit ;)

Imo, these were never intended to 'replace' the professional photos already put out by NCMEC but just our own interpretation of how she might look.

Annasmom, we have done this on various other forums and threads. If you would like, I can send you a pm ( since it would be OT - not to hide anything ) with some links to individual posts here with examples for other cases. :blowkiss:

I think it is good to just see what a person may look like with a different color hair or style. We are only guessing what Anna looks like today or what her style preference would be. I had very blond hair when I was 5, but by age 7 it was brown. My sister had almost white hair and today in her forties it is dark brown. Now I say my hair is brown but I get it colored and it is blond, so it can't hurt to just experiment with the hair or glasses. I would never change the face as I think it is spot on!

I love the new pic of Anna, Bern, your talents just keep comin'!:clap:

You did do a GREAT job!

My hair is almost black, and it was blond when I was a baby, brown when I was a small child, red in high school. So it can change a lot. It also went from straight to curly. lol

I wonder what the current hair styles are in Europe, or Italy?

One of the area's we have yet to accomplish is to have someone local, who can get to the Oakland CA library and do some research. Especially for info we can not access on the web.

We have some late 1930's early 1940's info on George Brady we've hit a dead end with researching online and the possibility exists additional info can be found if we can dig further with a foot on the ground in Oakland who has the time to get over to the Oakland Library.

thanks!

to add to the above post -

Either the Oakland or San Fran library... In other words a local who can make it to the Library to search local ancestry type records which would not be online but likely available at the library.

We know that GB lived in Oakland so where ever those local records could be found.

I have played around with Anna's picture in photoshop, now if I can figure out how to post the pictures..you'll have some 80's hairstyles.

anna3.jpg

anna4.jpg

anna5.jpg

anna1.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members