756 users online (136 members and 620 guests)  

Websleuths News

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    South FloriDUH

FL - Two teens shot in Deerfield Beach, FL

Now, normally, this isn't really news. But, if you factor in - Michael Brewer and Josie Ratley, you'll see we have a REAL PROBLEM here in Deerfield Beach.

I hesitated posting a thread for this. We have such problems here in South Florida - not many all that different than the rest of the country. We are somewhat isolated as we are so far "down" the state not many will travel all the way. Most stop now in Orlando - Disney and Universal.

The corruption in government we have is mind boggling. Our schools are in chaos and its trickled down to our children.

Deerfield Beach teen shootings may be gang-related, lawyer says
    Victim's father accused of shooting teenage suspect's friend

By Rafael A. Olmeda, Sun Sentinel

2:39 p.m. EDT, May 28, 2010
    A teenage shooting suspect and the victim's father are due in court Friday afternoon to face attempted murder charges in connected overnight shootings, the Broward Sheriff's Office said.

The lawyer for the father said the shooting may have been related to the "Doom City" gang believed to operate out of Deerfield Beach.

Carlos Young, 16, is accused of shooting Justin Perry, 15, in the 900 block of Southwest 15th Street at around 9:50 p.m. Thursday.

Perry, an eighth-grader at Deerfield Beach Middle School, was flown by helicopter to Broward General Medical Center with several gunshot wounds. The Sheriff's Office said the shooting followed a dispute.

The Sheriff's Office said Young was with a friend, Tyrail Brantley, 16, and both ran away following the shooting.

About half an hour later, according to the Sheriff's Office, Perry's father, Willie Perry, 32, showed up at Brantley's house and opened fire, striking Brantley at least once.

**more at link**

Note that both these kids attended the very same school that Michael and Josie attended. Us, regular Americans are concerned about our children - we are out-numbered and have to keep such "tabs" on our children it's really not fair to them (they don't get a "childhood" like we did - they can't "run the streets until the street lights come on" like we did.) We just had two small children (4 and 9) shot in Miami yesterday - in a drive by with an AK-47 - the kids were just playing outside and were not the intended target. LE still haven't found "those shooters".

Here is another story about this Deerfield Beach incident:

May 28, 2010 3:36 pm US/Eastern
    No Bond For Dad Charged In Teen Shootings Case

8th grade? Sadly I want to say unbelievable but can't.

SWAG I'm sorry you're all going through this. I can say it surely gets disheartening. Unfortunately I understand.

This is close to Pompano? Am I right? I was just thinking some people do go alllll the way down there to Key West. To hide.

Kids, adults. It's madness.

That particular school has its own crime wave going on. Something is terribly, terribly wrong there. No way would my kid set foot in that school.