GUILTY Canada - Kimberly Proctor, 18, raped, body burned, Langford, BC, 18 March 2010

matou

#los2188
Reaction score
Kimberly Proctor's badly burned body was found on March 19th. Police have identified suspects in her murder. Police need the cooperation of people in her inner circle to reveal more information to them about this crime.

proctor4_548606a_548606gm-a.jpg

Kimberly was supposed to show up for a babysitting job in March and she did not arrive. Her burned body was discovered the next day, alongside of a hiking trail.
Ms. Proctor’s body was found less than 48 hours after her parents reported her missing. She was last seen at a bus interchange.

“It wasn’t random,” said Corporal Darren Langan, speaking for the Island District RCMP. “[The suspects] were familiar with Kimberly. We don’t quite know what their motives were. We’re working on fully understanding their motives.”

That Ms. Proctor knew her killers was what put her in danger, Cpl. Langan said. “That familiar relationship is what put Kimberly in the position she was put in,” he said.

Cpl. Langan said he could not disclose how many suspects the police have or how they knew Ms. Proctor, who lived in Langford with her parents and brother.

“Knowing who those suspects are and having those suspects in our sights, we are doing what needs to be done to ensure public safety,” he said. “We can’t tell you specifically what we are doing because they are suspects at this point, and we’re still building our case against them.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ave-suspects-in-teens-slaying/article1582983/

More details in this case. Not sure if the main suspect would be her ex-boyfriend who she described as a 'psycho' with 'anger issues'. It seems that there are at least a few people who knew Kimberly who have yet to speak to police with vital information in this case. Police have released the fact that they have suspects but there have been no arrests as of yet. This must be a ploy to get people to start talking and I hope they do. I believe that the people involved were likely the same young age as her (18-ish) and this youth violence and 'no snitching' mentality needs to stop. JMO

Victoria-area Mounties say they are closing in on suspects they believe targeted and murdered a teenaged girl in a crime so sinister police say once the details become public, the community will be permanently scarred.

The home being searched by police is near Glen Lake, which was the subject of a search by police divers in late March.

Lagan said the Mounties probing Proctor’s murder have identified suspects, but no one has been arrested.

“Our goal today with putting the information out is telling (the community) that we have suspects, and we know now that this was not a random attack,” he said. “Kimberly’s attackers were familiar with her.”

He said 40 investigators are focused on the suspects, but police need the individuals with information to come forward.

“We’re making an appeal today to some very specific individuals in the community,” Lagan said.

“Those individuals know who they are. They are familiar with the suspects and they are familiar with what happened to Kimberly.”

Lagan said Proctor knew the suspects, although he wouldn’t say if they were classmates or reveal their ages.

“The best I can say is she was familiar with them and vice-versa,” he said.

Police earlier said Proctor’s social networking activity and the on-line posts of her friends and others led to a series of fits and starts in the investigation.

Proctor’s Facebook page included a March 6 posting about her relationship with an unnamed boyfriend that she recently ended.

Proctor wrote she had to “dump him (because) he turned out to be psycho with really bad anger issues.”

She also participated in the international Goth website vampirefreaks.com where she discussed being bullied by teenage girls.

Lagan said police examined those communications by Proctor and other people and some statements made there turned out to be false.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...have-suspects-in-heinous-death-of-b-c-student

3078912.bin

Police believe people who were part of Proctor’s social circle have been holding back information. Lagan said some have already been interviewed by police, while others have not, but police are aware of them.

“The information is going to come out, and it best come from them,” said Lagan. “We need to ask them to think of Kimberly’s family and to think of her mother and father.”

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/busines...llers+police/3078832/story.html#ixzz0pKsoXZz5

Kimberly was linked to the goth subculture and 'felt like a outcast' because of this. Apparently she was being bullied for years and 'was afraid of other girls'. I'm not sure if this is at all related to the crime of her murder. JMO

As a high school teacher, I hope that if any teens out there read this, that you should always tell an adult you trust (like a parent or teacher) if you are being bullied on the internet or face-to-face.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Murdered+teen+linked+goth+subculture/2743248/story.html

3078552.bin

Such a beautiful girl... :( hope they can quickly bring the killer/killers to justice.

Anyone from the area of Langford, BC can call the Royal Canadian Mounted Police with their tip(s) at 250-474-2264 or toll free with an ANONYMOUS tip to Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8472.

I just feel so sorry for all of those young kids who silently suffer with this bullying BS. It just makes me furious! My heart breaks for all of these young people who hurt so badly just because they are being who they are. This is so terribly cruel.

:( Such a beautiful young woman. The manner of death is too awful for words. Prayers to her true friends and family. Prayers also for justice for Kimmie. RIP beautiful girl. They can tease and bully you no more.

http://bc.rcmp.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=50&contentId=15199

<snip>
Late yesterday afternoon, (Friday, June 18th), Investigators arrested two Langford teens, age 16 and 18, for the premeditated murder of Kimberly Proctor. Both arrests occurred without incident.

Much more at link. :( They cannot name the 2 teens due to them being under 18 at the time. Sad, they are old enough to murder, yet still protected by Canadian laws. Pffft....(I am Canadian, by the way)

http://www.news1130.com/news/local/...ade-in-connection-to-kimberly-proctor-killing

LANGFORD (NEWS1130) - There's been a major development in a murder case on Vancouver Island -- two teens have now been arrested but charges have not been laid.

It was March 19th when the badly burned body of 18-year-old Kimberly Proctor was discovered near the popular Galloping Goose Trail, near Victoria.

Police announced today two Langford teens have been arrested in connection to her death, but because they were under 18 at the time, their names are not being released.

I am happy they made arrests. .Hope charges stick!
I live a few minutes from where she was discovered, so this case has been close to home literally.

RIP Kimberly.

I just found out the news of the arrests and it's about time. Two teens arrested for what is deemed to be PREMEDITATED MURDER of a young beautiful girl.

On Saturday, RCMP Insp. Mark Fisher announced that two male teens, aged 16 and 18, were arrested without incident on Friday and now face charges of first-degree murder. The teens cannot be identified because both were under 18 at the time of Proctor's killing.

The 16-year-old was charged with first-degree murder, forcible confinement, sexual assault and indignity to human remains. He is expected to make his first court appearance in Victoria on Monday morning.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/826078--two-teens-arrested-in-death-of-b-c-student

Too bad your friends aren't protecting you now!

STOP THE NO SNITCHING CAMPAIGN, KIDS! It hurts everyone!

They should be able to name the 18 year old since hes of age now . I used to live in Langford and am curious to know.

But i'm sure word will get out

This poor girl. It is just to horrible for words. I just have a hard time understanding what has happened to a lot of teens in this day and age. So many of them murder or cause pain to others and think they have the right to do that....they are the bullys. What had this girl done that was so horrible? Those boys probably didn't even know this girl. I wonder if they did it for their girl friends? It's just hard to understand how kids can be so cruel to a peer. Where do they get off anyway!

I hope they all are sentenced to prison for the rest of their lives.

This may upset some people but I would like to know what kind of parents the boys have. Were they taught not to pick on others as they grew up? Were the parents active in the lives of these kids....were they held responsible for their own actions and behavior? I have a hard time believing that the three came from decent homes. Even single parents have options if a kid becomes out of control.

This link to the RCMP news release, which was posted above, contains several videos, including a video statement by Kimberly's parents. It is heartbreaking.

http://bc.rcmp.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=50&contentId=15199

My thoughts are with all of Kimberly's family and friends, but particularly so with her parents on what must be an unimaginably tough Father's Day. :cry:

RIP Kimberly :rose:

Two Langford teens charged in murder of Kimberly Proctor

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Langford+teens+charged+murder+Kimberly+Proctor/3177235/story.html

From the article:
- Kimberly was familiar with her killers
- police do not believe that bullying was an important factor in her murder

In a news conference Saturday morning, a visibly upset Cpl. Darren Lagan, spokesman for Island district RCMP, said the murder is the worst he&#8217;s seen in a decade on the force.

&#8220;Investigators have used the words &#8216;horrendous,&#8217; &#8216;disturbing,&#8217; &#8221; Lagan said.

On Saturday evening, RCMP announced the charges that had been laid against both suspects:

1) Murder in the First Degree (Section 231, Criminal Code of Canada). Murder is considered first degree murder, when it is planned and deliberate
2) Forcible Confinement (Section 279(2) Criminal Code of Canada)
3) Sexual Assault (Section 271 Criminal Code of Canada)
4) Indignity to Human Remains (Section 182(b) Criminal Code of Canada)
"Both accused have now been remanded into custody, pending their first court appearances, scheduled for 9:30 am, Monday morning, June 21st, 2010, in Victoria Youth Court," the RCMP release stated.

I just found out the news of the arrests and it's about time. Two teens arrested for what is deemed to be PREMEDITATED MURDER of a young beautiful girl.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/826078--two-teens-arrested-in-death-of-b-c-student

Too bad your friends aren't protecting you now!

STOP THE NO SNITCHING CAMPAIGN, KIDS! It hurts everyone!

16 and 18 years old, what has happened to our youth? These stories of brutality and horrific murders are beyond comprehension.

RIP Kimberly

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back