Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grayjay View Post
    Wow! Hearsay, but still. If there's a chat log somewhere, it would support a notion that Nathan had killing Ethan totally justified in his mind ahead of time. I'm sure Mr Rawlings would like that handed to him, dates and all, but it seems unlikely to happen.
    IIRC, Mr. Rawlings said they were searching their computers and other electronics. If NS had his account set to save chat logs...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

perhaps someone could contact that person and ask for copies of chat logs or any other evidence she may be in possession of

I haven't found anything in yahoochat - was looking for their 'profiles' but am not willing to download

found the person who made the claims on other sites including ms

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    before I lose internet access during our military move.. I just have to chime in my opinion:

THEY BOTH SUCK.

They make me sick and there is no excuse... MENTAL or otherwise.

Happy Memorial Day to all who serve.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

There is no excuse. If a person has ever been abused, they know how bad it feels. It's a choice they make early on, to do unto others instead of learning a better way to be and not doing the same and worse bad things.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grayjay For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    sbbm

There was a comment after one of the news stories, where someone said they heard dog food was put around the grave, to attract animals. This person said other things that turned out to be correct. As for an actual news story reporting it or LE there has not been anything.
    Thank you kindly for answering my question, RubyRed. I hadn't heard that before. I guess it makes sense, in a twisted kind of way. :{
    JMO

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

I am generally a supporter of the DP. And I have never known of two people who deserved it more than SS and NS. Ever.

That being said, I do hope they plead out for LWOP. Only because, IF this goes to trial, twelve, unsuspecting people will have to SEE, with their own eyes, what happened to this precious little boy. His father and family will have to know what happened to him - in sick detail. To save them all that pain and heartache, I hope they plead. I would not wish it on my worst enemy.

They will never again be able to see one another and if, by God's good grace, they are drug addicts, they will be forced into withdrawl. I hope it's all horrifically painful and brings them both to the brink of death and despair. But not quite.

They should live out the rest of their miserable lives thinking about what they've done (not that they care) and thinking about what could have been if they had left that sweet little boy with his Daddy and left their petty little S*i* behind.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    I am generally a supporter of the DP. And I have never known of two people who deserved it more than SS and NS. Ever.

That being said, I do hope they plead out for LWOP. Only because, IF this goes to trial, twelve, unsuspecting people will have to SEE, with their own eyes, what happened to this precious little boy. His father and family will have to know what happened to him - in sick detail. To save them all that pain and heartache, I hope they plead. I would not wish it on my worst enemy.

They will never again be able to see one another and if, by God's good grace, they are drug addicts, they will be forced into withdrawl. I hope it's all horrifically painful and brings them both to the brink of death and despair. But not quite.

They should live out the rest of their miserable lives thinking about what they've done (not that they care) and thinking about what could have been if they had left that sweet little boy with his Daddy and left their petty little S*i* behind.
    I hope they do to but...... and this is horrible to think about, but with as much as these two despised Joe along with BeanE's theory on why SS would post photo's of Ethan being abused - (the theory, IIRC, was to sell those photo's) it is possible they won't plead simply because they know how much it would torture Joe. Along with torturing those who loved Ethan and ALL those who must sit through a trial. Not pleading and forcing a trial would be both of their way to say HA HA HA one last time..... Especially since they know they have nothing to lose and getting the DP would ensure they were not allowed into the GP if I understand correctly.

The thought of it makes me ill..... but I could see these two enjoying watching those attending a trial being horrified. SS and NS already endured it....

The only way I see them pleading is if NS wishes to spare his mother seeing everything put out on the table at trial.

JMO
    Last edited by Cubby; 05-31-2010 at 12:01 AM. Reason: add
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I hope they do to but...... and this is horrible to think about, but with as much as these two despised Joe along with BeanE's theory on why SS would post photo's of Ethan being abused - (the theory, IIRC, was to sell those photo's) it is possible they won't plead simply because they know how much it would torture Joe. Along with torturing those who loved Ethan and ALL those who must sit through a trial. Not pleading and forcing a trial would be both of their way to say HA HA HA one last time..... Especially since they know they have nothing to lose and getting the DP would ensure they were not allowed into the GP if I understand correctly.

The though of it makes me ill..... but I could see these two enjoying watching those attending a trial being horrified. SS and NS already endured it....

The only way I see them pleading is if NS wishes to spare his mother seeing everything put out on the table at trial.

JMO
    You may be right, Cubby. But I'm not sure SS knows she has nothing to lose.

Still, I can't stand the thought of anyone who isn't involved having to SEE what happened to sweet little Ethan - even having the power to end their miserable lives. Just reading about it makes it difficult for me to sleep every night.

I do sometimes wish we were in the "wild" west, where they both would already have been hung from the highest tree. The fact that they are still breathing our air makes me want to vomit.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    It may be enough then that NS would plead and turn evidence against SS if he wishes to spare his mother the details. He may...... and if so, that may be enough to get SS to plead.

I agree with your other thoughts.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Very often in cases where children are killed by one or both of their parents, I almost feel a sense of relief. That the babies didn't have to grow up in an environment of violence and/or neglect. I'm sorry to say that, but that's how I feel.

But in this case, Ethan was thriving right where he was. He was loved and cared for by those around him. SS did NOT want him for any purpose but to hurt Joe. She didn't love that sweet baby nor did she want to care for him, IMO. She is every bit as guilty as her POS "man." They both deserve to die, but whatever death to which the state of UT sentences them, it will not be enough. If it's not EXACTLY the way that baby died, it will not be fair or just.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:

I have felt all along that SS was the one in control and NS was just trying to please her. I'm not placing guilt here, but I think that Joe signed Ethan's death warrant (unknowingly!) when he stated in the divorce that he was afraid SS would take Ethan and he would never see him again. I think he let SS know in no uncertain terms that Ethan was his life (not her) and just how to cause him the most pain that she could. Unfortunately she didn't want the care of Ethan so she had to kill him. Nathan's daughter is probably one lucky little girl.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaxson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    Hope I got all the background info transferred over...

-------

New article with some very disturbing insight into SS and NS:

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_15190371?source=rss

It's difficult to find people who will speak up for Stephanie and Nathan; most former friends and neighbors already at odds with the pair are even more angry; their parents declined interview requests.

Others, however, describe the two as the worst possible combination: An impatient, narcissistic mother indifferent to her only child, and an unstable, violent man increasingly desperate over limited access to his own 6-year-old daughter, who lives in Florida with his ex-wife.

Michelle Rodriguez -- an ex-wife of Ethan's dad, Joe Stacy -- says a couple of months ago she phoned Stephanie to tell her to stop calling. When Nathan answered, she warned him that he should never let Stephanie near his daughter.

But Rodriguez had no idea the child in danger would be Ethan, the little boy she often took for weekends and even longer vacations to Los Angeles and New Jersey with her own children, 14-year-old Destrian Stacy and 11-year-old Alisa Stacy, Ethan's half-brother and half-sister.

Nathan "blew up" when Rodriguez suggested Stephanie was unfit.

"I said, 'The two of you are just alike,'" recalls Rodriguez. "He sounded like a controlling freak. ... He called her 'my woman.'"

<snip>

Stephanie's former friends say she has always been difficult. As a teenager, she would sneak out at night with boys. She once brought a physical abuse charge against her stepfather, a false accusation, according to an ex-friend. The charge was dismissed.

Joe, her ex-husband, says Stephanie's mother once told him she had been diagnosed at age 13 with borderline personality disorder, a diagnosis Joe rejects. "It ain't no disorder. It's just the way she is."

She often bragged that her purse was a pharmacy, say former friends.
    "She had a lot of prescription pills from doctors," says Joe. "She'd always know just what to tell them."

She played junior varsity softball her senior year at Edgewater High School in Orlando and graduated in 2001.

Stephanie enlisted in the Air Force, but was other-than-honorably discharged during basic training, says Joe.

<snip>

Destrian says Stephanie expected him to take care of baby Ethan from the start. Their father was often gone for two weeks at a time, working as a roustabout on an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico. "She really never changed his diapers," says Destrian.

Stephanie would spank Destrian and Alisa with a metal spatula, and whack the backs of their heads with the back of her diamond-ringed hand, the siblings say.

"We felt we were back in the slave days," says Alisa. "She used to make us make her alcohol drinks, clean the pool, clean the bathroom until it was spotless white."

Alisa went to friends' houses rather than invite them to her own. "I was afraid she would yell at me in front of my friends," says Alisa. "She yelled for stupid reasons.

"She threatened my dad so much it got me mad."

When a relative gave Destrian and Alisa laptops for Christmas, Stephanie sold them, says Rodriguez. When their mother sent clothes, Stephanie threw them away. When she sent cash, the kids got empty envelopes.

<snip>

Joe also agreed to give her half of the money he expected from a lawsuit settlement for his injury. If he gets nothing, the agreement said, Stephanie gains custody of Ethan.

"She said, 'I sold my son,'" says Jones, recalling a phone conversation with Stephanie this spring.

MUCH more at the link
    This was on the front page of the Salt Lake Tribune this morning and includes a picture of Nathan and Stephanie, along with a snippet of a handprinted note written by "Steph." In the last line she writes:
    "....Ethan will be here too."

Acting excited to have him, and then helping to torture, murder and desecrate his poor little body. I am still in disbelief at how any human, especially a mother, could be so horrendous to a child (or an adult for that matter!).

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to utmomof2 For This Useful Post:

If they did drug Ethan, I pray that whatever they gave him helped ease some of his pain It is awful to say. I just cannot imagine what he must have endured.

Today I watched my 3 year-old son and 6 year-old daughter ride their bikes, my son in wearing his Cars helmet, peddling like a madman; my daughter beaming with pride on her second day of riding without training wheels. Once again I thought of Ethan and those who loved him and just how huge their loss is. I love my children with all of my heart already, but I can't tell you how many extra hugs, snuggles and kisses they have received this past month because of little Ethan.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to utmomof2 For This Useful Post:

I would agree with you but Joe has already stated that he wants them to receive the DP. If it weren't for that I would hope they would plead, too. I am praying for him.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DairyGirl For This Useful Post:

I posted someways back that I hoped for LWOP just so his father and family wouldn't have to be exposed to all they did to that precious child. I still feel that way, but if the family wants DP, then that's what they should go for. I don't for a moment believe they have or will have any remorse for their actions except that they were caught. I truly believe too that the only time they'll think of little Ethan is to blame him for their circumstances. If not for him, they wouldn't be in jail, etc.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast