Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1261

Thread: NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #28

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker Belle View Post
    I agree it is very frustrating for those of us who want justice for this little girl but at least the perps are in jail while waiting. No taste of freedom for them. I hope the other prisoners are treating them nicely... (not)

I'm sure they are being kept in lock-back 24 hrs a day so the other prisoners can't get to them.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suthrnqt For This Useful Post:

Has a trial date been set yet? TIA
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

No, not yet. It is expected to be 2013.

The last we heard from the nasty pair was at arraignment 2/9/12 when they each entered NG pleas.
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AmandaReckonwith For This Useful Post:

Still here sweet girl...always thinking of you. Waiting patiently for justice...
    Vinnie Politan "HUG the KIDS ... give them the love Caylee deserved but did not get from her mother"

Kelsey's story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWow42TCwzg

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Thinker Belle For This Useful Post:

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    http://www.policymic.com/articles/89...atest_comments

Child Sex Trafficking Jumps Drastically in America and Across the World

(Shaniya's case is mentioned in this article)
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the updates everyone.
    It has been some time since I came here.
    I am not especially optimistic as you all know.

IMHO when a case is held up so long, especially a case so gruesome...
    I am afraid of the systems ways.
    I have often said that due to the fact that Child trafficking is a much bigger problem
    then we want to admit publicly. Especially in that state with all those highways.
    I do not trust it. I still feel that there are people that we are not to discuss that should also be looked at.
    I pray for justice... but the longer it takes the more it gets watered down.

I would much rather be wrong then right in this case.
    but that is how I feel now and have for a long time.

Bless you little angel RIP
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker Belle View Post
    I agree it is very frustrating for those of us who want justice for this little girl but at least the perps are in jail while waiting. No taste of freedom for them. I hope the other prisoners are treating them nicely... (not)
    Last year I read something in the news, not related to this case, but it is very common.
    A woman sat in jail for 5 years and was released not because anyone felt that she was innocent NO.
    because after 5 years most people forgot the details, witnesses could not remember, papers were lost. I am sure you get the point.
    Someone was dead and 5 years of waiting for the trial did not do justice.
    Women are Angels.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    Thanks for the updates everyone.
    It has been some time since I came here.
    I am not especially optimistic as you all know.

IMHO when a case is held up so long, especially a case so gruesome...
    I am afraid of the systems ways.
    I have often said that due to the fact that Child trafficking is a much bigger problem
    then we want to admit publicly. Especially in that state with all those highways.
    I do not trust it. I still feel that there are people that we are not to discuss that should also be looked at.
    I pray for justice... but the longer it takes the more it gets watered down.

I would much rather be wrong then right in this case.
    but that is how I feel now and have for a long time.

Bless you little angel RIP
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one Song, that the crime was so dispicable that LE isn't going to miss a beat. I have to believe that.

Our angel just spent another birthday in Heaven. Shaniya turned 8 years old on Friday - so many things those cretins stole. RIP baby.

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Suthrnqt View Post
    I'm sure they are being kept in lock-back 24 hrs a day so the other prisoners can't get to them.
    TOO BAD - The public hall would be a better place for them.
    Women are Angels.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LCoastMom View Post
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one Song, that the crime was so dispicable that LE isn't going to miss a beat. I have to believe that.

Our angel just spent another birthday in Heaven. Shaniya turned 8 years old on Friday - so many things those cretins stole. RIP baby.
    Still nothing... Still not surprised.
    Still upset with this legal case.
    Women are Angels.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    baby girl. You are far from forgotten.
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

Show me the evidence, give me the facts.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

22. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/07/...g-soldier.html

Shaffer: Hunt for missing soldier a way of life for Raleigh man

Mignacci doesn’t know Bordeaux, never met her.

He didn’t know Nancy Cooper, the Cary housewife found strangled in an undeveloped subdivision. He didn’t know Kelly Morris, whose skeleton was discovered in a fox pen near Creedmoor. He didn’t know Shaniya Davis, the 5-year-old girl dumped outside Fayetteville.

But he searched for all of them, step by step through the woods. Somebody had to.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post

Mignacci doesnít know Bordeaux, never met her.

He didnít know Nancy Cooper, the Cary housewife found strangled in an undeveloped subdivision. He didnít know Kelly Morris, whose skeleton was discovered in a fox pen near Creedmoor. He didnít know Shaniya Davis, the 5-year-old girl dumped outside Fayetteville.

But he searched for all of them, step by step through the woods. Somebody had to.

Thanks Kimmy...
    What a beautiful Soul, I want to kiss that man
    Women are Angels.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

suzyq211 is offline Someone knows what happened to Robert Harrod!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post

Mignacci doesnít know Bordeaux, never met her.

He didnít know Nancy Cooper, the Cary housewife found strangled in an undeveloped subdivision. He didnít know Kelly Morris, whose skeleton was discovered in a fox pen near Creedmoor. He didnít know Shaniya Davis, the 5-year-old girl dumped outside Fayetteville.

God bless this man and the others like him.
    Robert Harrod will be found.

All my posts are MOO and nothing but MOO!!!!

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:

After driving past both the hotel and the road where Shaniya was found, I visited the cemetary and paid my respects. She is buried next to another little year around her age, very close to, which I thought was sweet since neither has any other family there with them. Due to the odd placement I dont believe there is a plot open next to Shaniya for any family to later join her. Her stone is beautiful and there were many things left there, although it doesnt seem to be as tended to as it should. There was a black history month button placed there, obviously since Feb (hmm odd.) and a handful of change, nickles and pennies, and unfortantely some cigarette butts (I got rid of those and corrected the leaning flower arrangements, without distubing anything. I typical 'tidy' things when visiting any cemetary)
    I am giving this description is case any one was curious. I just could not bring myself to whip out an iphone and start snapping pics. It's bad enough I accidently stood directly on her grave thinking the headstone was a foot stone. Anyway I stayed several minutes to pay my respects and felt a calm and peaceful presence. I didnt bring any sadness or sense any there either, which is odd I expected to become emotional but everything felt 'okay' there.

RIP Shaniya <3

Thank you Atomic both for visiting Shaniya's final resting place and describing the experience. I feel confident Ms. Shaniya is at peace and surrounded by love and appreciate you validating that through your own feeling at the cemetery.

The only thing that remains is to make sure all others are protected from her murderers.
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

New here ... I'm from NC and somehow missed this case but have been reading over these threads for the past week. So heartbreaking. And frustrating that those responsible are still awaiting trial.

Some wonderful, wonderful posters here! But I have to single out Oriah. You really touched my heart with your commitment to this sweet little girl!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hoosgirl For This Useful Post:

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/...7?sac=fo.local
    Trial date set for 5-year-old Shaniya Davis' accused killer
    The murder trial for the man who allegedly bought, raped and killed 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in 2009 is scheduled for Feb. 18.

Mario Andrette McNeill will go on trial more than three years after Shaniya's death. The girl's mother also faces charges; her trial is scheduled for Feb. 18, too, but only one of the cases will go forward then, said Cumberland County District Attorney Billy West.

It hasn't been determined which trial will start first nor whether they will be conducted back-to-back.
    When your child goes missing: A Family Survival Guide
    Missing Adult Checklist
    Websleuth's Resource Center

F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
    Fight for you

Respect you
    Include you
    Encourage you
    Need you
    Deserve you
    Stand by you

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:

suzyq211 is offline Someone knows what happened to Robert Harrod!
    Quote Originally Posted by imamaze View Post
    http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/...7?sac=fo.local
    Trial date set for 5-year-old Shaniya Davis' accused killer
    The murder trial for the man who allegedly bought, raped and killed 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in 2009 is scheduled for Feb. 18.

Mario Andrette McNeill will go on trial more than three years after Shaniya's death. The girl's mother also faces charges; her trial is scheduled for Feb. 18, too, but only one of the cases will go forward then, said Cumberland County District Attorney Billy West.

It hasn't been determined which trial will start first nor whether they will be conducted back-to-back.
    Thank God!! Now we have a date!!! Thank you!!
    Robert Harrod will be found.

All my posts are MOO and nothing but MOO!!!!

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:

Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

is it February yet?
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to athy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by athy View Post
    is it February yet?
    No, but it cannot come soon enough for me.

There was another article in the FayObserver this morning that MAMS trial will indeed start on February 18, 2013. Both trials are to start on that day. How is that to happen unless they are tried together?

That is a trial I will not miss as long as I am still living and breathing. My granddaughter told me that she cannot believe she will not still be in N. C. for the trial. They have orders to go from Bragg to Ft. Bliss, Texas, and will have to report on December 10th. Her husband won't even get back from S. Korea until November 9th. She has followed every moment of this case because she was so horrified by what was done to little Shaniya and so badly wants justice for her!

.....Don't let there be any further delays in justice for our sweet, precious Shaniya!
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

43. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

I can't believe that I live only about two hours away from Fayetteville and there has been absolutely nothing on the news about this case. Disgusting.

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2012/08/15/1197089?sac=

We doubt anyone's forgotten about this one, though. Most people would instantly recognize the sweet, smiling face of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis, who was killed in 2009 in a way that shocked even the most numbed news consumers - and the hardest-shelled detectives as well.

Hardly anyone has forgotten the sickening crime and the people charged with it. But Shaniya will be dead more than three years before a trial begins.

This is only a reminder of modern reality. Nobody gets a speedy trial anymore. Getting a hearing on a speeding ticket can take months. Orchestrating a murder trial - especially this one, with reports and evidence from multiple investigating agencies - takes years.

This is not evidence that our criminal-justice system is broken. But it is all the testimony we need about how stretched it is. For all the rhetoric in recent years about getting tough on crime, the spending has largely put more cops on the streets. But jails and courthouses are splitting at their seams and hard pressed to process the hordes of defendants sent to them. And the General Assembly, in its efforts to reduce the state budget, has cut some court funding instead of increasing it.

Think about that as you continue to wait for justice for Shaniya Davis.

BBM
    Earthly Justice WILL come baby girl.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

47. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

Thanks kimberlyd, it was time for this sweatpea to be bumped back up. The waiting is hard, but this is a horrific case, I just hope all the prepping and coordinating such a major case pays off in convictions.

49. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast