NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Please continue here:

Link to thread #27

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94013"]NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #27 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thanks for the new thread Cubby!

I hope we see some progress in the case.

We are still here for you Shaniya! We will never forget.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2010/06/01/1001768?sac=Local

Shaniya's dad to speak at June 12 program

The father of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis is expected to return to Cumberland County next week to speak at an awareness program in remembrance of his slain daughter.

Bradley Lockhart and the nonprofit group GOTDAD will serve as hosts of a day of activities and events scheduled for June 12 and aimed at bringing awareness to violence and sexual crimes against children.

The event is being called Shaniya Speaks Day, Keeping the Promise. It will be at the John D. Fuller Sr. Recreational Complex on Old Bunce Road.

Joe McGee is founder of GOTDAD - Giving Opportunities Through Dedication And Devotion - a nonprofit organization that helps busy fathers figure out how to spend more time with their children. He said the day was chosen because Shaniya would have celebrated her sixth birthday on June 14.

"Keeping the promise was the message from Brad at her funeral," McGee said. "We want to keep our pledge and take Shaniya's message to the streets."

***more at link***

What is this hearing about? The linked article did not specify. TIA

Fear not angel baby - continuances mean nothing, our memory is long.

Fear not angel baby - continuances mean nothing, our memory is long.

That's right. We will never forget.

Just a little frustrating.

I watched her exit court. I'm glad for the baby that she looks so remarkably well, but cannot fathom looking as such under the circumstances. I think I would have shriveled up and died by now.

I have to hope that they are just getting all of their ducks in a row to slam dunk this case for everything it is.

Shaniya you are remembered every day around here. We planted strawberries for you and they are STILL coming up like crazy.

Hmmm, she looks mad and aggrevated. I guess because the reporter was asking her questions.

The fact she is walking away from a court house in street clothes without shackles makes me mad and aggrevated.

I find it interesting that she was walking all by herself. No attorney and no family members or friends to support her. Not that anyone should support her but how often do we see somebody outside a courthouse, charged with a crime, all by themselves?

I find it interesting that she was walking all by herself. No attorney and no family members or friends to support her. Not that anyone should support her but how often do we see somebody outside a courthouse, charged with a crime, all by themselves?

Considering the horrible crime she has been charged with, I would think she would have had some sort of protection. It did look like someone was behind her, but I can not tell if it's more reporters, security, her atty, or her family.

She makes me sick.

She did look healthy though. Normally I could care less, but for the sake of that baby, that's a good thing.

That poor baby is developing in the womb of a monster. I hope he/she never knows what his/her "mother" did to his/her sister. I hope as soon as that baby is born, they will take it and that baby NEVER has to see or be touched by AD again.

JMO

Considering the horrible crime she has been charged with, I would think she would have had some sort of protection. It did look like someone was behind her, but I can not tell if it's more reporters, security, her atty, or her family.

She makes me sick.

She did look healthy though. Normally I could care less, but for the sake of that baby, that's a good thing.

That poor baby is developing in the womb of a monster. I hope he/she never knows what his/her "mother" did to his/her sister. I hope as soon as that baby is born, they will take it and that baby NEVER has to see or be touched by AD again.

JMO

She had security with her. I didn't see any family or friends but there was someone waiting for her in the vehicle so she was not alone.
She does indeed look physically well, which I am also glad for (for the baby.)

I have wondered if they tested her for drug use during the first trimester, and if the baby will be taken into custody upon delivery due to results. I wouldn't imagine they could take the baby any other way if she has not yet gone to trial?

But she has been chraged and is out on bond, awiting trial for selling her daughter. I don't see her being able to keep the baby. They already took her son.
I think they will take the baby as soon as she delivers it.

JMO

But she has been chraged and is out on bond, awiting trial for selling her daughter. I don't see her being able to keep the baby. They already took her son.
I think they will take the baby as soon as she delivers it.

JMO

I'm really not sure about this, but wish I knew. Do we know what the DSS allegations were in support of taking her son? I thought it was due to DSS charges and not the charges pressed in criminal court. But honestly I don't know?
I hope the baby is taken into custody immediately upon birth.

Well, I think he was taken due to the conditions he was living in when they arrived after AD's bogus 911 call. Then AD was arrested and sat in jail for a while, only to be freed on bond. She will still have to stand trial and IMO will go to prison for a long time.
I'm sure, although I don't know, DSS will be called in when this baby is born. I just don't see how anyone would allow her, given her charges, to have 1 minute with this baby.

But, I could be wrong. I could be just looking at it in a common sense standpoint and not a legal one. And, as we all know, legal standpoints are sometimes lacking any and all common sense. I mean, she is walking free right now because a judge set a crazy low bond amount. So, who knows.

Well, I think he was taken due to the conditions he was living in when they arrived after AD's bogus 911 call. Then AD was arrested and sat in jail for a while, only to be freed on bond. She will still have to stand trial and IMO will go to prison for a long time.
I'm sure, although I don't know, DSS will be called in when this baby is born. I just don't see how anyone would allow her, given her charges, to have 1 minute with this baby.

But, I could be wrong. I could be just looking at it in a common sense standpoint and not a legal one. And, as we all know, legal standpoints are sometimes lacking any and all common sense. I mean, she is walking free right now because a judge set a crazy low bond amount. So, who knows.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, if I remembered correctly. He was taken into custody due to the conditions of the home at the time- but I don't know that legally- if the new baby is born into an environment deemed by DSS to be safe and adequate...that they could take the child due to her pending court date. Innocent until proven guilty and all. I can't believe it, but I think that might be the law. Unless she or the baby tested positive for illegal substances.
Ugh.

What is this hearing about? The linked article did not specify. TIA
They never say anything at all they just print the date in the paper and let us wonder how justice can possibly prevail:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member