GUILTY MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #15

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Elizabeth-Olten.jpg

Please continue here.

Link to thread #14

MO-Elizabeth Olten, 9, St. Martin's Thread #14 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ETA: Threads 1-13 & Support Threads can be found at this link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/tags.php?tag=elizabeth+olten

Good morning sweet Elizabeth. Bumpity Bump.

Found this link on the tru tv website... Alyssa Bustamante and the Murder of Elizabeth Olten

A Tale of Two Girls

45 minutes: That's how long Elizabeth Olten was missing before her mother called the police.

That's how long it took Alyssa Bustamante, 15, allegedly to kill her first murder victim, her neighbor Olten.

there's also an interesting comment at the bottom of the article..

I don't honestly know, I've now come across several people with that last name... My dbf says it's my reticular activator... who knows...

eta: After a little research.. (more specifically a google search of "The origin of the name Bustamante" I found out that the name has a spanish origin, so it's possible that people with that name could have come from Mexico... (I'm not stereo-typing in any way...) just stating that it may be a more popular name in places where there are more people of hispanic decent...

Bumping. Gone from the headlines but most certainly not forgotten.

Alyssa Bustamante, who stands accused of killing her 9-year-old neighbor, is scheduled to go on trial next spring.

Cole County Circuit Judge Patricia Joyce on Tuesday set a May 16 trial for the 16-year-old defendant, who is charged as an adult with first-degree murder for the killing of Elizabeth Olten last October in a rural area just west of Jefferson City.
http://www.newstribune.com/articles/2010/07/28/news_local/doc4c4f3108d26f2432648685.txt

From meowmo's article above...

The judge also heard testimony Tuesday over whether Bustamante, who was a 15-year-old high school sophomore when she was arrested, should continue to receive an education....

snip...

Joyce denied a request in May from Bustamante’s attorneys that the Cole County Sheriff’s Office pay for Bustamante to continue her education through a distance learning program.
snip...
White said Bustamante is being treated the same as other inmates and that he does not believe state law requires sheriffs to provide a public education. He said Bustamante has access to a book for a high school equivalency program.

Joyce said at the conclusion of the hearing that her opinion has not changed.

Thank you!

Bumpity Bump little lady, still watching quietly from the sidelines, praying for justice in your name little one.

DNA test sought on knife in 9-year-old's death

Cole County Prosecutor Mark Richardson wants Circuit Judge Pat Joyce to approve some DNA testing in the Alyssa Bustamante case, even though the Missouri Highway Patrol said its testing would use up the only samples available.

Bustamante, now 16, faces adult charges of first-degree murder and armed criminal action for last October's killing of Elizabeth Olten, 9, a neighbor.

http://www.newstribune.com/articles/2010/08/31/news_local/nt122local10dna10.txt

Accused Cole County teen killer raises education request

A state appeals court will consider whether a central Missouri teenager should be allowed to continue her education while awaiting trial on a charge of murdering her 9-year-old neighbor.

The Western District appeals court agreed Wednesday to accept written arguments on the request from attorneys for 16-year-old Alyssa Bustamante.

http://www.newstribune.com/articles/2010/09/09/news_local/doc4c87b528f2d63375646370.txt

perhaps they could consider hurrying up and getting the trial over with, and then worry about educating her? justice takes too freaking long. it is not fair to the victims' families nor to the victims. I fully support the process but the whole speedy trial thing more often would be brilliant I'd say.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back